• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Lighter Sidewinder, or new Roadrunner?

Once the champ Sidewinder seasons in, it becomes a thing of beauty! The only thing is it takes an entire season to do it...

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a tremendous amount of love for the Roadrunner on this thread, so I am going with the Sidewinder. Just agonizing over the weight to try. I am leaning toward a Star 163 from Marshall Street. Thoughts?

That should work. i always worry about innova discs and consitency though. I think a couple DX sidewinders vs one star would be a better investment.

worried about consistency??? how about you try Lat64 and give that Vision a go!!!

worried about consistency??? how about you try Lat64 and give that Vision a go!!!

Ive been meaning to try some more Lat discs. i have a PAIN that i like. their plastic feels good!! is there a comparable disc to the vision from either DC of Innova?

That should work. i always worry about innova discs and consitency though. I think a couple DX sidewinders vs one star would be a better investment.

You make a good point, and if I throw one in the drink I won't be too broken up over it. Any suggestions for weight? Should I go a little higher since it is DX, or keep it lower?

I'm not a big distance thrower and I just added a 150 Star Sidewinder to my bag (along with my 165 Star SW & 170 Champ SW).

The other day I was throwing some practice in a football field and for the first time I was able to go from goal line to goal line with the 150 SW.

301' with a nice flex throw. I am becoming a real fan of Sidewinders.

You make a good point, and if I throw one in the drink I won't be too broken up over it. Any suggestions for weight? Should I go a little higher since it is DX, or keep it lower?

I would go with the weight you have currently. maybe even try a heavier one. maybe get three. one light, one 171 and one max. still only a $20 investment.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a tremendous amount of love for the Roadrunner on this thread, so I am going with the Sidewinder. Just agonizing over the weight to try. I am leaning toward a Star 163 from Marshall Street. Thoughts?

How far are you currently throwing your sidewinder? How far are you throwing other discs? (As you want to lighten up, i am guessing you have a lighter frame - short, super skinny, young, etc.)

The drop from 171 to 163 is such a drastic extreme that i am not sure that you wont go from "too overstable" to "too understable" in one shot.

Personally, i am quite leery of the Roadrunner as it's super UNDERSTABLE and (for me) represents a specialty (use) disc more than an all purpose disc.

Ive been meaning to try some more Lat discs. i have a PAIN that i like. their plastic feels good!! is there a comparable disc to the vision from either DC of Innova?

a vision is supposedly like a roadrunner - but I find RR to be more stable and require more break in time..

i have also heard that a beat avenger ss is similar

a vision is supposedly like a roadrunner - but I find RR to be more stable and require more break in time..

i have also heard that a beat avenger ss is similar

may be a little flippy for me then. i dont have a cannon but i cant throw a RR at all with out it turning over. i really like the archon. but i have only had one and i know if i needed another it would be totally different. :wall:

Latest posts