• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Loaning Discs

I'll be iffy about lending out my discs to brand-new players but would make them know that if its lost, its a free new disc for me.

I don't know. I like to help people learn to play, but my discs are kind of personal to me, and I don't like other people throwing them.

Among friends I am okay with lending them discs, because they have lent me so many. But if they are a stranger, I'd rather just give them a disc and tell them to keep it.

Yeah I get it, it really all depends on who will be throwing it. Most of the people I play with are pretty good about being fair if they lose somebody else's disc. I wouldn't have them throw my "starting lineup," but give them the reserves.

I carry backups of most of my main discs, in most cases they look brand spanking new. I loan them out, and the beginners treat them like gold! There is a ditch over there, I will use my dog's disc. I usually respond go ahead and throw my plastic. The people that lost them were relatives, and they felt really bad. But, I had fun playing with them and introducing them to the sport! One is still playing a lot now! Well, worth a $9 TL!

I don't normally lend disc to people I don't know however if they are friendly and seem interested in the sport I will give them a disc, normally a Roc mold I don't like :).

I think most people on here are way better than me. On a heavily watered course I would not lend discs to anyone I didn't know, heck, I would be wary of lending discs to friends in this type of situation. Plastic costs money, I don't like throwing my money in the water.

I normally always will lend out discs if someone wants to try one, and I've definitely given away a lot to newcomers that don't have any. I regretted it for the first time today though, I let a guy that I met on the course use my dart since he didn't have a putter with him. After about 3 or 4 what he called "hulk slams", where he launched himself towards the basket and slammed the disc down, not always actually making it into the basket, regularly bending the disc, I immediately regretted lending it out. It definitely changed the flight path of the disc too. So, 9 out of 10 times, I'd let someone use one of my discs, but I guess I'll have to think about it a little bit more after today.

I normally always will lend out discs if someone wants to try one, and I've definitely given away a lot to newcomers that don't have any. I regretted it for the first time today though, I let a guy that I met on the course use my dart since he didn't have a putter with him. After about 3 or 4 what he called "hulk slams", where he launched himself towards the basket and slammed the disc down, not always actually making it into the basket, regularly bending the disc, I immediately regretted lending it out. It definitely changed the flight path of the disc too. So, 9 out of 10 times, I'd let someone use one of my discs, but I guess I'll have to think about it a little bit more after today.

What a D-bag, was the guy 12 years old? I mean come on, who would actually do that with their own disc let alone a loaner disc.

I'll load my discs out to my friends, on holes withouit water. but to strangers, i would prolly be a little nervous.

Latest posts