• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

longer leopard

discgolfcrazy

Eagle Member
I have a 150g dx leo that i love ut have recently lost it. i could hyzer flip it and would go straight for about 250' then slightly fade left at the end. Is there a disc that flies like this but is longer?(p.s. i searched and didn;t quite get the answer i was looking for)

Maybe a Sidewinder? I dunno. I throw my Leopard for Leopard shots. Mine is a beat Champ one though, and it flies very understable. I would try something understable like a Sidewinder or Roadrunner. Maybe I should go throw my Sidewinder tomorrow since it's been sitting for months so I can see if I'm right or not.

hmmmm i may get flamed for this but i would say gold line saint. I am a leopard lover myself all plastics and weights. The saint just clicked for me. It will flip up really easily and glide for a good while with a gentle fade. Very similar to my worn in pro leo just longer. YMMV

A leopard will go much much further than 250'
I personally prefer a discmania fd, little bit better glide than a Leo. But yeah just get another Leo and keep working on your form and you'll have a longer Leo.

XL for sure. I use to have Leopards in my bag until I thee my first XL in esp plastic. Thrown on a hyzer the thing would pop up and go straight for 320-350 ft consistently. I have 3 XL's now...the esp, a Flx for 45 degree angle hyzer flips to anny, and a Z XL that I can put on just about any line. Knocked Leopards, Stalkers, and Tbirds out of my bag just because they are so versitile for being just one disc. Some will agree with me, and some (of course...its dgcr) will disagree with me. Lol. It's all preference, but given the chance I would strongly recommend giving the XL a shot. Good luck!

A leopard will go much much further than 250'
I personally prefer a discmania fd, little bit better glide than a Leo. But yeah just get another Leo and keep working on your form and you'll have a longer Leo.

Yep. Get a new DX Leo, maybe a little heavier.

Polaris LS, JLS, beat in EL are some other options.

will a 165g leo do the same thing?

A hyzer flip?
Yes, a Leo will flip up at any weight. It just depends on your distance. I would think you could get a 165 dx to hyzer flip right outta the box. If not it'll only take a little while to beat it in til it will.

I vote for GL river. Depending on the dome, it will turn like a leopard and not fade too hard. Oddly enough, I have a heavy (177g) opto river that turns more than the somewhat lighter GL that I have.

I second the saint. That thing is sooo easy to throw and will have that fade you're looking for at the end.

^^ I think the saint is longer/faster than the river. Mine has more fade than a leopard anyway.

I have several times seen Lat 64's Diamond Light called a lighter Leopard that will go further. So I got one. I am not finding it as easy to throw straight, but I am starting to get the hang of it, and am finding that it will certainly go further.

I have not tried the Sidewinder yet, but love my RoadRunners (A 171g Star, and a 146g StarLite). They go fairly straight for me, though definitely understable, and go further than my Leopards.

There is the River, Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Vision, or the TL. For me it's the TL. I like the way it feels in my hand.

If you like the way a leopard feels in your hand try different leopards. Different weights and plastics should can get you a little more d. Or if you're looking for a faster under stable disc that will flip you can try the Vulcan.

Get a Pro, Champ and Star Leo. Throw them hundreds of times. Keep lovin ****.

Latest posts