• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Manufacturers with ethical standards

Tinkles

Birdie Member
Does anyone know any specific information about the practices of manufacturers that specifically show how they contribute to their community, have ethical hiring practices, strive to have a positive environmental impact, hire or are minority owned businesses, or anything else you can think of that creates a positive contribution outside of normal operations?

I'd like to support such companies, but don't really know anything about any manufacturers.

MVP is big on Recycling, I like the company so I'm biased :D, gateway also has recycled blends.

MVP actually stored and then found a way to recycle all their oopsies and old discs into the R2 blend. They wanted to not see it go to waste or a landfill and they held on to it until they figured out how to do it.

Most disc companies do PR of some sort.. Free discs and baskets to community groups etc.I don't know who is the largest donor per percentage of product though. A lot of it comes down to the players conduct in public etc. I feel like MVP is a tight family kinda business and I assume they operate to as high a standard as their players do.

Haha research required.. I'll be back. :D

MVP is big on Recycling, I like the company so I'm biased :D, gateway also has recycled blends.

MVP actually stored and then found a way to recycle all their oopsies and old discs into the R2 blend. They wanted to not see it go to waste or a landfill and they held on to it until they figured out how to do it.

Most disc companies do PR of some sort.. Free discs and baskets to community groups etc.I don't know who is the largest donor per percentage of product though. A lot of it comes down to the players conduct in public etc. I feel like MVP is a tight family kinda business and I assume they operate to as high a standard as their players do.

Haha research required.. I'll be back. :D

That's normal for plastic molding. Grind up the rejects and put them back in the feed.

I think one of the Innova factories is all solar. I thought I saw a video about it a while ago.

Trash Panda disc golf is making discs out of 100% recycled plastic and is all about sustainability. If you haven't seen his YouTube yet then I suggest you check it out.

I was going to post about Jessie at Trash Panda...but Meillo and Horsman beat me to it. Definitely check out his videos...he doesn't have any approved discs - yet....but since he is focused on sustainability in disc golf and has done a bunch of research, he might be able to tell you more about the different companies and where they stand regarding sustainability.

That number seems low. .

probably is, but i know some people have recycled and hemp disc. im sure its 99% or higher but as we all know, plastic is made from oil/petro products. I was just trying to say, realistically its hard for any manufacturers to be 'ethical' with oil products. (not that im mad or concerned about it, just sayin')

Companies that make plastic products that are thrown around in the woods, chipping off small microplastic pieces everywhere can hardly be called 'ethical'

Does anyone know any specific information about the practices of manufacturers that specifically show how they contribute to their community, have ethical hiring practices, strive to have a positive environmental impact, hire or are minority owned businesses, or anything else you can think of that creates a positive contribution outside of normal operations?

I'd like to support such companies, but don't really know anything about any manufacturers.

This question is entirely dependent on how one defines a bunch of vague or loaded terms like "ethical", "contribute", "community", "positive environmental impact", "minority"...

Presuming a secular framework, Innova probably makes the most money (ethical behavior) for its shareholders (contributing to its community) by producing discs at the highest efficiency (positive environmental impact) and hires the most employees overall therefore probably the most non-white (minority) employees?

It's like the time I was buying blood diamonds for my wife's engagement ring.... the more child labor, extortion, smuggling, and sovereign resource extraction involved in the production of my luxury items, in my wife's case diamonds, in my case hydrocarbon-based flying discs, the better.

The better with which to hack my way through the trees on wooded courses, I say!

*middle-aged white male clinging desperately to illusion of colonialism*

*logs off*

*goes on safari*

Latest posts