• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Masters Cup Broadcast

From what I understand, Terry agreed to certain terms made by the event coordinators to wait before releasing final round coverage until its super polished. So with that in mind, this video should be one of the best ones to date from smashboxxx.
I appreciate the effort and I understand the economics involved, but truthfully once you get to Thursday and another tournament is starting, why bother. I was able to avoid spoilers Monday and Tuesday and patiently awaited the final round coverage. Now we're going into a holiday weekend and I probably won't have time to watch it (assuming it ever comes out).

I appreciate the effort and I understand the economics involved, but truthfully once you get to Thursday and another tournament is starting, why bother. I was able to avoid spoilers Monday and Tuesday and patiently awaited the final round coverage. Now we're going into a holiday weekend and I probably won't have time to watch it (assuming it ever comes out).
^^^^^

This guy gets it.

I know it sounds like yet another case of complaining about free ****... but time really IS of the essence with this kind of content.

From what I understand, Terry agreed to certain terms made by the event coordinators to wait before releasing final round coverage until its super polished. So with that in mind, this video should be one of the best ones to date from smashboxxx.

That's more or less what Jon said on the podcast this week. The Masters Cup people asked Terry to do the video with commentary and not rush it. Jon also said that Terry skipped out on doing the podcast because he was busy recording the commentary with Ricky.

Technically the Masters Cup coverage isn't a Smashboxx production. Smashboxx is the live stuff, the recorded/edited stuff is Terry on his own channel, The Disc Golf Guy.

I did my best to not find out what happened until Terry posted the spoiler to his own channel...

I did my best to not find out what happened until Terry posted the spoiler to his own channel...
Thanks for the heads up. Glad I have been checking the Smashboxx page and didn't stumble upon that.

wait...^^^ you still don't know who won? ? ? ?
No I do not. Until this afternoon I've only scanned this thread at high speeds looking for a Youtube embed. Or checking CCDG/Smashboxx for the upload.

After hearing about some 'epic putt' and all the hype around the final... I've completely gone out of my way to avoid hearing who won. Obviously there are some candidates that immediately jump out.

I'm never going to be the one that will bitch about spoilers so I've done my best - on my own- to avoid finding out. I REALLY didn't think it would take this long to get a video out though...

I tried to do the same thing. I didn't even come on threads like this for fear of spoilers. But I'm too impatient... now I'll just have to watch without being surprised at the outcome.

As a side note, I have no problem with CCDG's quality level with the quick turn around. Yes I noticed a couple shots that got played twice, and a couple scores that were stated wrongly before being corrected, but they did a great job. And getting video coverage in 24 hours is a bigger plus than getting slightly more polished coverage a week later.

Agreed with this^ wholeheartedly... Well, here's to wishing Terry- "the disc golf guy" never gets to cover the lead cards at any tournament ever again.

Terry said via Facebook it's an enormous file but it's being uploaded to YouTube right now.

He has released everything EXCEPT the footage itself. All of these little extras but no round yet.

Yeah the little 1 minute clips magically jump over the huge file he's still uploading 5 hours later. Happens to me all the time.

Latest posts