• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Hmmm, interesting. I feel like MVP already has the Vector for a good straight to fade mid. I guess this will be like a Vector for folks who like shallower, unbeaded mids? Seems an odd choice not to go for a full-on utility mid to me. I like the Envy, but it's really not that overstable. Seems like MVP will continue to lack a Zone/Gator/Justice type disc. :\

A super beefy mid wouldn't fit into the Circuit format very well. They will likely make another mid using this same core, and perhaps that will be the meathook.

A super beefy mid wouldn't fit into the Circuit format very well. They will likely make another mid using this same core, and perhaps that will be the meathook.

Hmmm, hopefully you're right about them producing a utility mid based on the same core later. I'm not sure I agree about a beefy mid being no good for the circuit format. Most circuits I've seen are at shorter courses. I can think of plenty of ways to setup a beefy mid with a putter and driver to make a combo that recreational to intermediate golfers could use effectively at a short course.

Most true newbie golfers I've seen are going to probably use the driver off the tee anyway, even on 200 foot holes, so having an understable to neutral driver is better for those folks because they're only going to use the mid for upshots anyway. The more intermediate to advanced players at the event are going to be able to use a beefy mid very effectively on shorter holes. I feel like if you're given a brand new disc, the most accurate thing they could hand you is something super beefy because you know exactly what it will do. I've never thrown a Justice, but I guarantee you that you could hand me one and set me down on any short course and I could shoot under par just because I already know what it will do.

Don't think too many of the people that showed up at our circuit last year were "noobs"... Mt airy is a tough course to play with a 6speed US disc, but at least i'll have something to FH this year....

Vectors aren't nearly as HSS as an Envy. I for one am looking forward more to the Matrix now that I found out it's a longer version of my favorite disc.

Um... Vectors dont really turn? Hell the axis doesnt turn until its pretty beat up. Even the envy profile looks like a smashed vector. Ive thrown flatter ones which werent as OS but vectors are plenty HSS. I never see turn from mine at 300'

Yeah I've had a couple Vectors and I'd say they are plenty stable, very much straight to fade. The Neutron I had had a little dome and it was half way between a DX Roc and a Gator, kind of like a champion Rancho Roc. The Proton I had was more like a KC Pro Roc. They both had no turn at 300 feet, but the Neutron faded harder. The Neutron Envy I had by contrast was very straight with only a moderate forward fade. Granted it didn't have much turn either unless you threw it over 300 feet, but it didn't fade as hard as the Vectors even on shorter throws. It was definitely nothing like a Pig/Zone/Gator.

Gotta say, I was really expecting a meathook. Not sure I'm entirely upset, maybe just a slight bit deterred. Was starting to think I don't care too much about getting a meathook anyways, and I'm one of those that doesn't like beads so I'd want something like the Vector with no bead -- straight, resists turn, small dependable fade. I like it. But plenty of Envy throwers say they don't need mids because the Envy can go a distance and act the same way they say this disc will. Not sure it's as necessary a gap to fill as some other discs they don't have. I'll have to wait and see when others review this if it's anything I need compared to just throwing the Envy.

Nah. MVP doesn't do flight numbers. Want to merge the threads, mods?

Does anyone know the flight numbers of the MVP Matrix debuting for the MVP circuit?

Disc Golf Center and Infinite Discs both put out their perceived flight ratings for discs. Infinite allows reviewers to vote on the numbers, giving some interesting results at times. Check those two sites to get an idea of the Matrix's numbers...

Disc Golf Center and Infinite Discs both put out their perceived flight ratings for discs. Infinite allows reviewers to vote on the numbers, giving some interesting results at times. Check those two sites to get an idea of the Matrix's numbers...
Could you post a link i couldnt find this disc on either

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

This disc is fantastic. A touch more overstable than the Vector and Tensor with a glidey overstable finish. Earned a spot in my bag easily.

hmm.. So not dumpy OS?

Want to come over Monday and throw mine to see what you think? I haven't yet, but every review I have seen, this isn't the drone, gator, whatever other super beefy mid you want to name disc. I have seen it compared to Rocs and also seen it called a slightly more stable Roc3. If that is the case then it is just a Vector with different hand feel.

www.discgolfcenter.com
www.infinitediscs.com

Do a search for the disc. They usually set up pages before the disc actually comes out. If it's too early, you might not find a page just yet.

Considering that they haven't been released to the general public yet and only used in the handful of Cicuit events played I highly doubt they are listed on either site yet. But hey, that's none of my business.

It didn't feel dumpy. It just had a nice steady fade. Didn't meat hook on me. Went straight for about 70% of its flight and then had a nice steady fade. I took the Vector out of my bag because that just seemed to hit it's low speed part of flight and fall down straight and I couldn't count on it to hold that low speed fade. This does that easily.

Almost sounds like a tweaked Tensor. How does it feel in the hand?

Latest posts