• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

zendragon

* Ace Member *
So, pretty much what we expected for the mid of the Circuit. But cool news nonetheless.

Overstable Proton mid? More OS than the Vector? What a great pack. Neutron Signal, Electron Spin, and Proton Matrix.

I'm new to MVP, so I'm trying to figure out how they classify "Overstable". Is everyone expecting a higher speed Tensor?

I hope it's a speed 4. Otherwise I will have no use for another OS speed 5 mid.
So, pretty much what we expected for the mid of the Circuit. But cool news nonetheless.
Do you have any information, or "news"?

It's a 13mm mid, which is the Vector class. So the Matrix will be fast, and the most OS of the group.

It's a 13mm mid, which is the Vector class. So the Matrix will be fast, and the most OS of the group.

That's a more informative. Thank you.

Would have preferred a slower OS mid or OS putter. We'll see what the wing shape is like or comparable to

Sorry, it was a teaser on Facebook. Been watching the Broncos beat up Cam. Other than OS and Vector class, that's all we know. Hoping faster Tensor, maybe Verdict like.

I don't throw MVP but would love to try some and figured doing a Circuit event would be a good start. Looking at inbounds and discgolfcenter the Vector is decent OS, isn't making the Matrix more OS almost putting it in utility range? Does MVP need a utility disc? Just curious to hear from those that know more.

Yes... I would prefer a OS putter or a slow mid for this slot but everyone has their preferences and this is a hole in their lineup.

The Vector is not very OS. It's basically a Roc3. But yes, a more utility midrange is lacking in the lineup.

Stop it. Vector is OS. Its more like an OS roc3 honestly.

This thing sounds like a pointless mold throwers dream! ;)

Stop it. Vector is OS. Its more like an OS roc3 honestly.

This thing sounds like a pointless mold throwers dream! ;)

I think it kind of depends on the Vector. I've had a flatter proton that was a lot like a Roc3, but I've also had a neutron with a little dome that flew more like my USDGC champ rancho Rocs. I'd say their stability varies with the dome (kind of like with Roc3s although a really domey Roc3 can be hard to find). I'm guessing this new mold will fill the slot the Tensor was supposed to fill, hopefully with a more comfortable rim.

Right. In general vectors are more of a domey roc3.

The tensor was always weird to me. Ill be curious how fast this mold truly is.

My good vector test is they spin freely on center dome when set upside down.

Last edited:
The Vector is not very OS. It's basically a Roc3. But yes, a more utility midrange is lacking in the lineup.

Yes... I would prefer a OS putter or a slow mid for this slot but everyone has their preferences and this is a hole in their lineup.

Thanks, on paper it doesn't look like a huge hole. Brutus, are you hoping it will take over for the Wasp in your lineup?

Well not a hole as much as the tensor just isn't a great feeling disc in the hand, and a lot of people wont bag it for that reason. The wasp I have is pretty beat, more like a neutral buzz. I don't really use an OS mid right now, I had a BuzzOS in the bag till a couple weeks ago when I realized I didn't use it very much. Now I cover those shots with a Soft Envy or a powered down resistor/motion depending on the shot required. Which is why I was hoping for the fairway, for this event, to be a beefy whippet like disc. So I could remove the resistor and not need a OS mid at all.

Now if/when they release an envyOS, I will be all over that....:popcorn:

I'm not saying the Vector isn't OS. It's just not utility OS. It's not even Verdict OS, which is a true 0,3 and I would call more OS than a Roc3.

And Aim, I'm not trying to argue, just curious on this one. Isn't the Roc 3 just a Roc with a flattened top? So wouldn't a domey Vector be closer to a regular Roc? I know the only Vector I ever owned looked exactly like my friend's Roc+ in PLH, Profile and dome. That Vector had some fade, but wasn't all that HSS for me. IDK, maybe my form. You can ask Mike C. I traded it to him.

Vectors seem a little faster but yes very similar in shape.. Sort of depends on "the" roc too i would assume.

Roc[*rancho] vs vector
20160208_101308.jpg

Last edited:
Vectors seem a little faster but yes very similar in shape.. Sort of depends on "the" roc too i would assume.

Very true. There are so many different Rocs out there the only way to know how most fly is just to take them out to the course and throw them.

Latest posts