• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth re-signs with Adidas, for money!

Yeah, unless Adidas either comes out with a Wide cut version of the Terrex or there's a killer sale on them again when I'm in the market for a new pair, I'm going back to a derivative of the Marshall (I think it's called Saltzman now, or the Nasu's) because they're so much more comfortable. I'm also not the biggest fan of the Adidas tread pattern until it's been worn down a bit; makes the shoe too unstable on teepads for my liking.

Try on a Galaxy M trail running shoe.

https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Perfo...id=1487100305&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+m+adidas

Tis ugly as all get out. But, it has the solid Adidas sole, won't peal up. It's pretty wide, maybe not wide enough for your foot, but feels loose on mine, and wears really well. Best of all, it's an old model so you can get it for under $50.

I tear out all nikes, new balance, asics, keens. But these have to be worn out through the sole.

Are you guys playing a ton of wet rounds? The GTX didn't breathe well enough for me and we don't get many rainy days in Socal.

If you are in a state that gets a lot of snow, there is usually a lot of standing water/mud during the spring thaw. Also, in the northern states the temperature usually hits the dew point overnight and the grass gets wet enough to soak through your shoes during morning rounds.

I agree with you though that waterproof shoes generally don't breath very well. I prefer to play in light and thin shoes.

Try on a Galaxy M trail running shoe.

https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Perfo...id=1487100305&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+m+adidas

Tis ugly as all get out. But, it has the solid Adidas sole, won't peal up. It's pretty wide, maybe not wide enough for your foot, but feels loose on mine, and wears really well. Best of all, it's an old model so you can get it for under $50.

I tear out all nikes, new balance, asics, keens. But these have to be worn out through the sole.

Nice link, that's a good price for a trail shoe. :thmbup:

For anyone having issues with the toe space in the adidas terrex line or ax2. The insole in the shoes are pretty thick, i would say above average thick. I pulled out the insole and replaced it with a regular shoe insole and it made a big difference.
I know you shouldnt have to alter a 100$+ shoe to make it work, but this is an option for ppl looking for a little more toe room.
The sole of these shoes have great grip. I would say better than vibram. Although vibram soles are probably more durable in the long run.
I have a pair of the terrex swift r and the ax2. Love the style and grip

So in Terry's interview with Paul after Worlds, Paul mentioned his adidas partnership and the way to save 35% on shoes.

Link to video
Link to sale

In the video (toward the end of Paul's section), Paul mentioned that you could stack a new member discount with the save35 discount. Has anyone been able to do this, and if so, how?

So in Terry's interview with Paul after Worlds, Paul mentioned his adidas partnership and the way to save 35% on shoes.

Link to video
Link to sale

In the video (toward the end of Paul's section), Paul mentioned that you could stack a new member discount with the save35 discount. Has anyone been able to do this, and if so, how?

It would be easier for Paul to just tell us straight up he gets a cut off this promo code instead of viral marketing it. Too smart for his own good.

Link to video
Link to sale

I was able to do this. While browsing the sale I put a pair in my cart for $91, and saw a deal that you can get $20 off your first order of $75 if you sign up for their mailing list. So I did that and got a coupon code emailed to me, then I signed up for an account to get free shipping. Ended up with a pair of the swift r2 gtx for $71.

Link to video
Link to sale

I've done this 3 different times over the past couple years. If you supply a new email address they will let you stack it up. They don't even verify you are a new member, so I use my same account, but use the code from the email sent to my other non-main email address.

It would be easier for Paul to just tell us straight up he gets a cut off this promo code instead of viral marketing it. Too smart for his own good.

He explained what's going on in the video. Did you watch it?

Didnt watch either video myself, but thanks for the heads up on scoring some more Terrex GTX shoes for under a $100.00. :clap::thmbup:

Agreed. However, I can't think of seeing anyone outside of disc golfers wearing Keen's shoes. Their sandals I see everywhere.

Oh then you have never seen some sponsored pro trail runners/beyond marathon runners wearing Keen's minimal trail shoes for both road and trail races. Those models are what Keen makes most now for true trail running shoes though the Moab models some of the models are made as a running shoe for really long endurance running tests/fast packing shoes and are not a low cut hiker model like most of the Moab shoes and other beefy models.

Not sure as many Top Trail runners are sponsored by Keen now, the minimal shoe fad in trail running is not there as much now and running is saturated with a bunch of brands even more then when Keen introduced its line of minimal shoes, there were about 5-7 brands if you could call some brands shoe model a more minimal running shoe, not including road racing flats or cross country flats. Now I have lost count in the number of brands making a true minimal running shoe or just making minimal running shoes in general.

Didnt watch either video myself, but thanks for the heads up on scoring some more Terrex GTX shoes for under a $100.00. :clap::thmbup:

I paid $80ish for mine and they blew out on both shoes within 2 months so I'm not really even sold on paying that. On the bright side I made it through the wet season before the GoreTex died.

It was the best pair of kicks ever for the first month, now they fit weird and are blown out and the soles are just about ground off completely. It's just not a durable shoe, it's a street sneaker with a layer of GoreTex.

I will likely go Merrell for my next DG shoe. They fit like a sock and are built to last. I've got a pair of approach shoes from them that are years into being beaten without mercy and still going strong.

Oh then you have never seen some sponsored pro trail runners/beyond marathon runners wearing Keen's minimal trail shoes for both road and trail races. Those models are what Keen makes most now for true trail running shoes though the Moab models some of the models are made as a running shoe for really long endurance running tests/fast packing shoes and are not a low cut hiker model like most of the Moab shoes and other beefy models.

Not sure as many Top Trail runners are sponsored by Keen now, the minimal shoe fad in trail running is not there as much now and running is saturated with a bunch of brands even more then when Keen introduced its line of minimal shoes, there were about 5-7 brands if you could call some brands shoe model a more minimal running shoe, not including road racing flats or cross country flats. Now I have lost count in the number of brands making a true minimal running shoe or just making minimal running shoes in general.

That's cool but Keens are ugly as hell. I feel like their board meetings go like this:

"Here's the new shoe- it fits like a glove, is built like a tank and will support the user for years"

"That's great but it isn't ugly enough"

"Excuse me sir? *Ugly enough*??"

"That's right, I said make it ugly and I mean UGLY. So ugly nobody but dads that weak khaki shorts and tucked in polo shirts would ever dare to buy them. I want a huge clown shoe toe cap, beige and earth tones that match with nothing everywhere and extra garish mesh side panels. They better be abstinence personified or you're fired."

"BUT... SIR, THATS AWFUL"

"MAKE. IT. SO!!!"

That's cool but Keens are ugly as hell. I feel like their board meetings go like this:

"Here's the new shoe- it fits like a glove, is built like a tank and will support the user for years"

"That's right, I said make it ugly and I mean UGLY. So ugly nobody but dads that weak khaki shorts and tucked in polo shirts would ever dare to buy them. I want a huge clown shoe toe cap, beige and earth tones that match with nothing everywhere and extra garish mesh side panels. They better be abstinence personified or you're fired."

"MAKE. IT. SO!!!"

Truer words have never been written.

"MAKE. IT. SO!!!"

Worked for Subaru.

"MAKE. IT. SO!!!"

No the Keen minimal shoes were different as were the old trail running shoes, totally different to the point they are not anything like the low cut hikers you see today from Keen. Those minimal shoes are or were almost like the Merell minimal shoes but say/said Keen on them. The problem is Keen is now a work brand rather then a rec brand and so the work shoes non kitchen type with Steel toe bumpers look ugly from just about every brand including Sketchers. The Close toe sandals made by Keen are not bad and often seen worn by those doing Kayak or Canoe packing trips or those camping in soggy weather areas. Now the brand seems to not make those running sport shoes anymore with a shoe that is like an all leather version of an old style 1990's trail running shoe.

Thinking back Merrell makes the Moab, a few models were made for the Moab 240 mile running/foot race my bad and others as fast packing shoes so one can do a multi day run with a heavier pack then a water hydration pack/vest made by some of the hydration pack companies and do the modern style Ultralight fast packing.

Last edited:

"MAKE. IT. SO!!!"

The course is not my outlet for my inner fashionista. Function over fashion is kind of an axiom in my life.

Latest posts