• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
Haha, I see I hit a nerve. Sorry for insulting your favorite pro. You're allowed to like and be a fan of anyone you want obviously. My point wasn't specifically that Avery is a jerk; like I said my only personal experience was him being a bit prickly to me. He may be a great guy; I've no more had a beer and a long, personal conversation with him than anyone else on here. My main point is that whenever ANY pro gets mentioned on here, there are always people who pipe up with "he's a great guy (or gal)" and, my favorite, "a great embassador for the sport" (whatever the heck that means). Obviously, everybody picks their favorite players based on WHATEVER criteria (who you're attracted to, who seems cooler, who said a nice thing to you when they signed your disc, who remembered your name, etc.) and that is all fine. However, I think people extend it way too far when they start up with "he's a great guy" and all this BS because you have no idea.

The opposite principle is also true. Let one story get out about someone being rude or mean to someone, or lord forbid get cought on film being a jerk one time, and people come out of the woodwork about how so and so is such a disrespectful d-nozzle blah blah blah

Come on guys... Stop giving Avery such a hard time.

If it wasn't for him, Josh Anthon might've become a World Champion.

Highly doubt it will be a Nova. If Paul has any say, and he gets a kick back per disc sold, why would he not choose a mold that already has strong sales? I have literally only seen one other person throw a Nova, on video or in person. It might be a great disc, it's just not popular.

Come on guys... Stop giving Avery such a hard time.

If it wasn't for him, Josh Anthon might've become a World Champion.
LOLZ!!!!!! Great point. Anthon as World Champ would actually be really juicy.

As for AJ, personally, I like him a lot. But that's only because he's been cool to me. I asked him for any advice on how to deal with my sore elbow because I knew he studied physiology(?) and physical therapy at Oregon. He spent a lot of time giving me, a complete stranger, exercises & therapies for my elbow. I then emailed him a couple of times to tell him about my progress and he always replied quickly and graciously. I thought that was especially generous of him.

Now, it seems that some people don't like him as much as I do and that seems to be why they don't want him making as much money as he does, by having his name on a popular disc. While, personally, I disagree with that reasoning because I like Avery, I think it's a better reason than the reason the other folks on this thread have given for wanting Innova to stop making any AJ signature discs, by saying, "he just doesn't deserve it."

Whenever I hear someone complain that another person doesn't deserve what they are getting paid, it makes me mental. In this country, everyone deserves exactly what he or she can hustle for themselves, within the law, no more, no less. I hear this in sports & business all the time. "Kobe Bryant doesn't deserve $20M/yr at his age." Of course he deserves it - he hustled out of a stupid Lakers ownership group the best deal he could. "The teachers union doesn't deserve such a fat pension." Of course they deserve whatever pension their union hustled out of a witless government. "The CEO of Bank XYZ doesn't deserve his annual $120m bonus." Of course he or she deserves their annual bonus, they hustled that bonus during negotiations with Bank XYZ's board. "That poor guy working the overnight window at Jack In The Box deserves more than $10/hr." No, that guy at Jack In The Crack deserves exactly that salary because that's what the market says his skills are worth and that's the best job that he could hustle. "Disc golfers deserve to be paid so much more than they are right now. See how talented they are!" No, disc golfers get paid exactly what they are getting paid based on the size of the audience who watches them and their ability or inability to negotiate whatever payment they can.

I'm using the word "hustle" to mean everything from working hard, being skilled, and selling yourself. Everyone gets pretty much exactly what they deserve based on those three elements.

So if AJ can hustle a sweet deal out of Innova no matter what his past performances have been, good for him, I say. If you don't like him personally, that's fine, just don't buy any more Destroyers and maybe Innova will decide it doesn't make sense for them to sell any more discs with his name on them and then you'll be happier. But saying he doesn't deserve whatever he can get, is just dumb. That's just not how things work in this country.

Whenever I hear someone complain that another person doesn't deserve what they are getting paid, it makes me mental. In this country, everyone deserves exactly what he or she can hustle for themselves, within the law, no more, no less

Preach on brother!

Whenever I hear someone complain that another person doesn't deserve what they are getting paid, it makes me mental. In this country, everyone deserves exactly what he or she can hustle for themselves, within the law, no more, no less. I hear this in sports & business all the time. "Kobe Bryant doesn't deserve $20M/yr at his age." Of course he deserves it - he hustled out of a stupid Lakers ownership group the best deal he could. "The teachers union doesn't deserve such a fat pension." Of course they deserve whatever pension their union hustled out of a witless government. "The CEO of Bank XYZ doesn't deserve his annual $120m bonus." Of course he or she deserves their annual bonus, they hustled that bonus during negotiations with Bank XYZ's board. "That poor guy working the overnight window at Jack In The Box deserves more than $10/hr." No, that guy at Jack In The Crack deserves exactly that salary because that's what the market says his skills are worth and that's the best job that he could hustle. "Disc golfers deserve to be paid so much more than they are right now. See how talented they are!" No, disc golfers get paid exactly what they are getting paid based on the size of the audience who watches them and their ability or inability to negotiate whatever payment they can.

This! My own thesis is that what one person pays another is their business, provided that it's not through force or fraud.

Good post.

I don't think he outright said no new signature series. He said he wasn't sure (maybe wasn't sure what he could discuss? or they (Innova) haven't even started to discuss). But he did tell us to look out for the tour series discs as they are probably almost ready for release (which we already started salivating over)

True, i think he has to keep things quiet for now. I can't wait to throw some 4x aviars

Maybe they didn't put the cart before the horse (meaning they waited until he actually won the 4x world championship), and haven't decided what they might do for the 4x discs yet. A Tour Series was already in the works, so he can mention that..

I don't think they would do that either. I'm just saying he would have to stay silent about an upcoming sig disc anyway, regardless of it still being planned or not.

4x McPro Aviars bottom stamped on the 3x stamped Aviars in the Pro Shop now. Black, White, and Orange sold out already (max weight).

Highly doubt it will be a Nova. If Paul has any say, and he gets a kick back per disc sold, why would he not choose a mold that already has strong sales? I have literally only seen one other person throw a Nova, on video or in person. It might be a great disc, it's just not popular.

he only sigs discs he throws. I don't think the krait has high sales either but I could be mistaken.

4x McPro Aviars bottom stamped on the 3x stamped Aviars in the Pro Shop now. Black, White, and Orange sold out already (max weight).

So earlier today there was over 100 max weight Mcpros in the various colors. Now none and only lower weights. I guess they just pulled the old stamps all together, which sucks.

Just took a look. Those things are going to fly outta there, pun fully intended. Sweet!

Meh... I feel like that 4peat bottom stamp looks crappy. Just seems... thrown together in a hurry. Not a fan.

I'm betting on paul getting a new sig disc, despite what he said on the podcast. there's no way Krait sales are doing work for him.

Latest posts