• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mediocrefellow's Woods Bag - Should I substitute anything?

Solid bag. I didn't gel with the Anode, but if you do well with it, then keep rockin' it. I'm also an Axis fan when I take my all-MVP/Axiom bag to the course.

Thanks,

And I love throwing challengers... soooo much. I can put them out well over 250 esp the jawbreaker ones so I think the depth of the anode doesn't bug me and in plasma I get either nice controlled anheizers or hyzer-flip lazer rope which is what I usually use challys for in the woods. I was loving my electron even more since it developed some turn but I lost it... Also lost my plasma Amp somehow which I preferred to my volt actually so.. Bummer...

I need to sort out my putting putter. I did cray things with a plasma anode last round I payed. 3 birdies which scored me a total of +2 for the round (which is the best I've heard anyone do tbh) so maybe I could use that but I find the palsma on it very slippery and would like something I could grip better. Electron hard or neutron soft maybe? Ot maybe an atom for funsies?

And it seems to be the vector that Im not really feeling honestly. I actually love my neutron fireball though, and I decided to start using my inertia as a go-to driver since I seem to be able to control it the best out in the open. Not as well as a crank, but still point and shoot with some wiggle room.

Honestly, the crank and the XL or Mantis seem to be my most consistent discs when I do field work with a z flx nuke ss close behind. Knowing my driver preferences what would you suggest for max distance drivers that I could release rlatively flat, maybe some subtle hyzer or anny and have them hit a distance line without having to adjust too much for the turn and fade (which has enough stbility to be thrown into wind with more hyzer?

How far is your max distance?
How far can you throw that Inertia?
What don't you like about the Inertia?
Why dont you love the Inertia anymore? Haha...

I don't know what kind of armspeed you have.. You can always lob a post into the MVP thread.. If the Inertia is too turny the Wave is the next step up similar characteristics next speed level, little bit bigger wing. If you've got a big arm I'd say the next level is the Mayhem for keeping with the Inertia flight but honestly I'm not there, Octane is same class but just a touch more beef than Mayhem.

Those molds are generally very well regarded.. I found some of the lower stability ones like the Catalyst which I also can't really throw have a goofy stability they get kind of burny and you can't compensate.. Kinda like a 150 blizzard Boss....

Have you tried washing your plasma Anode?

Last edited:
How far is your max distance?
How far can you throw that Inertia?
What don't you like about the Inertia?
Why dont you love the Inertia anymore? Haha...

I don't know what kind of armspeed you have.. You can always lob a post into the MVP thread.. If the Inertia is too turny the Wave is the next step up similar characteristics next speed level, little bit bigger wing. If you've got a big arm I'd say the next level is the Mayhem for keeping with the Inertia flight but honestly I'm not there, Octane is same class but just a touch more beef than Mayhem.

Well I'd say it's one of my farther discs and goes 350+ish. The vanish is my current furthest flying disc and I seem to be able to control it fairly well. Threw it on a long turnover at Lloyd park during the open and sat it down 5 feet from the basket on a par 3 for an easy drop in birdie (still a 400' hole). I think the inertia and I just need more time together to really click I guess because it wasn't performing too well for me the few times I threw it at the open.

Well just to update - I threw a bag of drivers I was looking to get to know better all on the same line with a flat release nd even though I was sure the mantis had taken more distance than anything id ever seen leave my hand the plasma amp was about 7 feet ahead of it just short of 400' according to udisc so that's where my arm speed is at (no real wind 15 degrees - 3300' above sea level).

I lost my XL at the peek of a huge tree so until I make a slingshot to pop it out I'll be throwing the volt/amp combo again to see if they still fly almost identically for me as they did last time which forced em out of the bag (the flx vs reg esp xl's are the same but the esp will hold an anny and the flx will fight out of it eventually).

So I hate saying it but I think I'm back to a mixed bag. I've never been able to putt anything as consistently as I have this dagger / pure combo I picked up at the open... I love the feel of them both but the dagger does no driving whatsoever and the pure gets thrown quite a bit.

Also the damn Kastaplast Gote I got at the open is unbelievable... It's everything that a comet is except less touchy and more agreeable. I know it sounds blashpehmous but I've had 2 x comets (one light one heavy) that Ive beaten in throw by throw on my own and a sparkle z that Ive been auditioning since I moved away from them. I honestly think the gote is the only disc I can say confidently could replace a comet.

*waits for the garroting to commence*

Since my bag broke and I lost my envy I realized I need to learn a smaller core group of discs more intimately than even I was aspiring. Looking into something along the lines of a voyager or voyager slim as well as a sniper/ranger. No more than 20 discs but lots of room for extras would suit me well - just gotta figure out which one I want to spend too much money on...

Been taking Discs out 4 at a time and playing all of them early in the morning when the course is all mine to figure it out.

the tangent I love in courses like Hintons I can contorol it better than an axis but it flies like a brick out in the open, not overstable just drops out of the sky, no glide. Maybe needs alot more air under it but I like more of a low fast line for those shots so may keep the tangent for the woods. Not sure what Im doing wrong but my envys and anodes out drive it.

Yeah man I find the Tangent, which I've been with since they only made like 6 discs has been a reliable slow mid/ putter overlap disc. With the right one in the right conditions I can slay it.. Same with the Comet.. I've got three favourites and depending on where my throw is at I pick one. A soft Envy might be able to replace it though, kind of, mostly.

I just got a soft electron envy to replace the electron I lost but it's not quite the same :'( Also, and I can't prove it, but I think someone stole some discs out of my car... Missing my plasma amp, my neutron vector, and proton tangent.. There's no way I'd ever leave those behind on the course since theyre the ones I frequently throw... And I'm flat broke from soloing the mortgage after my wife was in the hospital for a few months, it's 2 days before a tournament that I'm organizing, I lost my bag anchors and there's a tonne of nice mvp/axiom to win which is gonna be quite challenging now with a few pro players attending (my home course advantage is now nullified by unfamiliar plastic)...

What a great day to be alive...

lol sorry it hour 94 of 96 on duty and I'm being whiny, I'll get my morning round in and hopefully lock down my stand-ins and feel much better. I get to Make a trophy today!

Damn man you've lost a lot of plastic this month.. That is painful. From the sounds of it though you are a solid golfer and it doesn't matter what you got for discs you can still reel in a win. Just be glad that the wife's out of hospital and it's a sunny day to play! Enjoy it for what it is, don't go getting fired up on what it isn't..

I played a wrong handed round yesterday, I'm an electrician and I'm starting to wear out my arm and wrist but the dog still wanted to play. It didn't bother me I took a six I was just glad to be active..

What a great day to be alive...

lol sorry it hour 94 of 96 on duty and I'm being whiny, I'll get my morning round in and hopefully lock down my stand-ins and feel much better. I get to Make a trophy today!

And hey way to be part of emergency services that's a hard go especially with overnight duty shifts. I don't have the time or energy to help out with the volunteer fire dept anymore not that I have for over a decade haha.... I'm the sole income earner in my house pretty much and it's getting to the point where I need to choose work over disc way too often. There's only so much body I got left to squander.

Too bad you aren't closer I'd hook you up with some plastic. **** that vector it sucked anyhow.

While we're at it haha.. If you are having luck with that Inertia and obviously have more arm speed.. If an Amp isn't around the Wave is pretty good could be a long bomber for you. You will probably get the same flight out of it that I do with Inertias, I would call it a mold of note.

Play the Inertia or whatever you are comfortable with for consistency at your altitude.. Try and only bag discs you've thrown in the last month.. Some misplaced love for a disc that you have become unfamiliar with is dangerous at tourney time. It's taken years to discipline myself.

Good luck! Kick some ass!

Hey, things went well, although since it was mostly for fun with prizes decided via random draws and there werent a tonne of people we stopped keeping score after round 1 and played doubles lol although I was in 3rd behind a pro player and another local before it all degraded into chaos hahaha.

Also someone found my amp which I'm super happy about.

I managed to pick up a fission photon for myself too but haven't thrown it yet, I'm hoping it'll be the go to distance driver for when I'm playing open courses. That fission plastic feels great in hand. It's a 158g so not crazy light but lighter than any other MVP I've ever seen so we shall see what it can do when the sun rises and I can get to the park to throw it lol

Hey well that sounds like a good tourney.... Good grab on that disc... fission Photon is a bag staple for me.. I've got a few 143 and a 155. Real stable for the weight. Glad you got your amp back.

SO the latest iteration looks like this:

Putting Putter: Electron/Soft Electron Anodes

Throwing Putter: Plasma Anode / Proton Envy / Neutron Entropy

Mid Range: Proton Tangent / Neutron Vector

Fairway: Neutron Relay / Plasma Volt

Control Drivers: Neutron Virus / Neutron Inertia / Proton Tesla / Neutron Fireball

Distance Drivers: Proton Vanish / Neutron Excite / Fission Photon

I think this will be how it stays for the rest of the tournament season as well.

Hey right on, looks good. It also looks like you found your Vector (or bought a new one). Looks like the fission photon made it too, from the sounds of it I didn't think you were going to bag it.

Hey right on, looks good. It also looks like you found your Vector (or bought a new one). Looks like the fission photon made it too, from the sounds of it I didn't think you were going to bag it.

After throwing it in on the course a bit I think it's some sort of magical disc both FH and BH. I can throw that damn thing almost to the circle every single time. Doesn't hurt that a few trees have knocked some stability out of it and now it's money.

I did find my Vector actually, and I got a plasma Ion in the mail and then lost it first round lol gonna go have a look soon. I may finish filming the rest of my relay round and continue a vertex one. I shot the first hole with a vertex already, honestly it wasn't flying great for me that day but it sure can putt lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlfEIjEoUf0

Too cool man.. Too cool. I love those things.

Ugh So I lost a few discs at a tournament hours away during a tornado scare lol I've had to rethink the bag and always take these opportunities to try some new plastic (plus I won some discs for placing). Here it is:

Putters

-3 x anode (electron, E soft, Plasma)
-2 x envy (proton, soft neutron - ordered a couple electron firm to replace my other ones)
-Neutron Atom (won it, love it so far for driving, envy for approach, anode for putting)
-Neutron Entropy (May get kicked out by an SE prism pyro thats in the mail, we'll see)

Mid

-Neutron Vector
-Neutron Axis (lost my tangent...)
-Neutron Theory - Like it better than the vertex so it's out of the bag)

Fairway

-Neutron Clash
-Neutron Relay
-Neutron Volt
-FR Plasma Volt

Distance

-Neutron Fireball (lost my tesla)
-Neutron Virus
-Proton Vanish
-SE King Fission Photon (New SE scientist stamp en route)
-Neutron Excite
-Neutron Octane

Drivers are paired into OS/US pairs, it's working pretty good it seems.

Hey I was wondering how you were doing this morning haha. I got a Fireball coming in the mail with an Owlenstein Envy.. Maybe put a Wave on your wishlist or trip across it trade list, it works for me (disclaimer)

Hey I was wondering how you were doing this morning haha. I got a Fireball coming in the mail with an Owlenstein Envy.. Maybe put a Wave on your wishlist or trip across it trade list, it works for me (disclaimer)

I am in love with my clash actually, and my octane pushes 450'. Mayhem and the new photon and pyro came today. Pyro was def a welcome addition to the bag. Prism feels great and it is hella trustworthy. I'll hit the field tomorrow and see how the other two treat me lol I like my fireball alot actually. Great Control Driver in allconditions and skips very well too.

Latest posts