• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mediocrefellow's Woods Bag - Should I substitute anything?

I am in love with my clash actually, and my octane pushes 450'. Mayhem and the new photon and pyro came today. Pyro was def a welcome addition to the bag. Prism feels great and it is hella trustworthy. I'll hit the field tomorrow and see how the other two treat me lol I like my fireball alot actually. Great Control Driver in allconditions and skips very well too.

**** Matt.. If you're throwing a pyro I shouldn't be giving you advice..

**** Matt.. If you're throwing a pyro I shouldn't be giving you advice..

...? Why's that? It's a meathook at my arm speed and mostly used for sharp doglegs and extreme headwind. Kinda covers the entropy's job and could likely cover the fireball as well even though the fireball is way longer.

More casualties this week. I have the River city cup this weekend and all of my fairways are missing aside from a clash thats in a tree . Waiting to see if any of the BC shops can overnight me some discs (a crave or volt and a relay) without bankrupting me, my normal vendor is in ontario and express shipping is like 50 bucks...

New Bag lineup:

Anode | Atom / Envy | Thoery / Tangent (found it) / Vector / Pyro | Relay / Crave / Clash | Vanish / Photon / Mayhem / Octane

Mids will depends on the day with the core being tangent/vector combo.

Only problem I see is a pretty big gap between slow fairways and speed 11 drivers. Thinking that maybe either a wrath/insanity combo or a lighter volt in there would close the gap. my seasoned tesla/inertia was a deadly combo but volt/tesla/photon seems redundant to me since the new photons are flat and quite stable compare to the elaine king runs with more dome.

The ****in octane is unreal. I'm done paying with distance drivers. It lands exactly where I want it to every single time. Almost eagled the par 4 here that always gives me trouble. Long narrow 530' down a dirt road thrown from a platform off of to the side at a turn in the road where its impossible to tell if there's a head or tail wind but usually one or the other. Always hook right into the woods, but the octane holds such a tight line and landed within envy forehand approach range with I"m pretty accurate with. Hit the chains from about 60-70' on my second shot lol

I dunno man, with all the talk I've heard about Volts and inconsistency I think you should be pretty set with the Crave but a Fission Volt does get close to Crave fills the gap to a regular Volt. I like mine but it's not a turnover or powered down driver. Looks like more redundancy to me, I'm also not tossing 450 though. :D

I can't remember if you lost your Inertia but Insanity and Wrath are on both sides of it stability wise. I didn't click with my single insanity I bought it was too much like my Inertias but tended to pan wider but you might like em probably a very controllable turnover driver in plasma, stable Vanish flight. I guess I'm not sure what shot you're missing. You are either overthinking speed ratings or you need a technique distance driver that powers down.. It looks like your straight / stable slots are covered.

Plasma Wave is easy distance good glide, fill a gap from Relay or replace the Vanish. An Inertia is a distance driver that powers down well from fairway to distance duties but doesn't pan a anny like the plasma Wave does. A 150ish plasma Crave is the bridge between the Crave you have likely and the Relay. I've found the Crave and Volt redundant at my distance the Craves just easier to throw less distance.

I dunno man, with all the talk I've heard about Volts and inconsistency I think you should be pretty set with the Crave but a Fission Volt does get close to Crave fills the gap to a regular Volt. I like mine but it's not a turnover or powered down driver. Looks like more redundancy to me, I'm also not tossing 450 though. :D

I can't remember if you lost your Inertia but Insanity and Wrath are on both sides of it stability wise. I didn't click with my single insanity I bought it was too much like my Inertias but tended to pan wider but you might like em probably a very controllable turnover driver in plasma, stable Vanish flight. I guess I'm not sure what shot you're missing. You are either overthinking speed ratings or you need a technique distance driver that powers down.. It looks like your straight / stable slots are covered.

Plasma Wave is easy distance good glide, fill a gap from Relay or replace the Vanish. An Inertia is a distance driver that powers down well from fairway to distance duties but doesn't pan a anny like the plasma Wave does. A 150ish plasma Crave is the bridge between the Crave you have likely and the Relay. I've found the Crave and Volt redundant at my distance the Craves just easier to throw less distance.

Inertia is gone and used to be my furthest disc. Was even good in some headwind being so f'in flat. Have you tried a pyro? Still not sure I understand your last comment lol

Inertia is gone and used to be my furthest disc. Was even good in some headwind being so f'in flat. Have you tried a pyro? Still not sure I understand your last comment lol

I just mean I saw your vid, you got more distance. I got some skills but I don't have the power to need much in the stable realm. Still got some awesome snap but limited distance, I rarely touch anything that stable, I don't really have need for a Fireball but it should fill my Overstable utility slot that I rarely use. If I'm throwing that it's windy and I will get the same distance likely. I can't definitely can't make an Octane work but my plasma Mayhem is more workable and just out of me speed class. Much better disc than that goofy Catalyst which I also can't get up to speed.. Haha. The Mayhem I can use as a stable downhill and it reminds me most of my FR ESP Force that I also can't get up to speed. :D

Hey how's it going out there?

What did you replace the Inertia with?

I tried my 164 N Fireball.. That's as much beef as I could ever conceivably need. Woof. Good thing it's light, I will pack that in place of my lost Resistor.

A plasma jnsanity with good results but turned too much at sea level and lost it so a fresh neutron inertia is enroute with a matrix, resistor, and a proton wrath.

Right now im in nb and gonna play a c tier with just a few discs i brought.

N atom
E atom
Soft N envy
P tangent
P matrix
Pl crave
N clash
P wrath
N inertia
N fireball
F photon
N octane

Could prob lose the tangent but my atom is beat to flippy and zero fade and the tangent beat to glidey goodness with a bit of fade if i want it. Never thrown a wrath before, but figure if its like a tesla will be a go to as well as the inertia. Crave and clash cover straight and crooked lines, if i had a relay Id throw it in with a resistor and drop the clash I think although I find the clash flies just like my N volt which is missing. Havent thrown the matrix so not sure how itll overlap but im sire at at some point it wont matter lol

My crave is actually middle of the road in terms of stability. If I want it to end up straight in front of me in the 300-330' range I need to hyzer-flip it to mitigate the high speed turn. Itll still turnover but will fade back to center on a mild ~20° hyzer-flip. Flat release it will hold the turn longer and end up 30'-50' right of center especially with a mild headwind. The neutron volt is significantly more stable than my crave (mind you i lost it) and honestly find that the clash is the one that keeps me from missing it too much. On a flat or hyzer release its basically a shorter volt. I think it holds a turn a bit longer but not by a lot before it fights out to flat. If the wrath is anything like my beat tesla was I will have no use for a volt since I can push the fairways out to 350ish or just power down the wrath or even a seasoned fission photon.

To be honest the way my octane handles lower power im not even sure I need the fairways...

OK, I've yet again ran into an issue.

Lost my only relay and my only crave, plus an envy.. Make that 2.

Also a firm electron beat Atom I was using as a smooth turnover disc.

There's also a neutron Mayhem, and an EK sig Fission Photon.

My Octane is quite beaten and no longer reliable.

This has me making a disc order but the one thing that I discovered is the versatility of the old plasma volt that will turn and burn with any real power. It's got incredible glide, and still fades at the end but not sure with a force anny. Its flippy.

Anyway it basically can do everything my relays / crave/ clash could do but better (aside from FH relay shots mmm).

Thinking of not replacing the crave as I hadnt used it enough to become reliant on it. Throw a brand new plasma volt in the bag to start a cycle. Fresh neutron matrix, a seasoned proton matrix and 2 new electron matrices will take care of all mid and fairway duties with my cycle of atoms. Entropy to replace the envies, neutron photon to go iwth my other fission thts beaten to staight and workable,

would a wrath to go alongside my inertias be too much overlap between the photons and volts?

The bag I'm considering would be:

3 x Atom 2 base one neutron
Entropy
Fresh Neutron max weight matrix with a seasoned proton and a cycle of electrons
Flippy plaz volt, new plaz volt, flat neutron volt
2 x neutron inertias
Neutron and proton wraths
2 x plasma fireballs
beat fiss photon, new neutron photon
2 x octanes one fresh proton heavy one beat neutron
1 x meathook long distance driver like a delierium or a dimension/ nitro.

if anyone seas overlap or a gap somewhere please let me know. Thanks!

OK, I've yet again ran into an issue.

Lost my only relay and my only crave, plus an envy.. Make that 2.

Also a firm electron beat Atom I was using as a smooth turnover disc.

There's also a neutron Mayhem, and an EK sig Fission Photon.

My Octane is quite beaten and no longer reliable.

This has me making a disc order but the one thing that I discovered is the versatility of the old plasma volt that will turn and burn with any real power. It's got incredible glide, and still fades at the end but not sure with a force anny. Its flippy.

Anyway it basically can do everything my relays / crave/ clash could do but better (aside from FH relay shots mmm).

Thinking of not replacing the crave as I hadnt used it enough to become reliant on it. Throw a brand new plasma volt in the bag to start a cycle. Fresh neutron matrix, a seasoned proton matrix and 2 new electron matrices will take care of all mid and fairway duties with my cycle of atoms. Entropy to replace the envies, neutron photon to go iwth my other fission thts beaten to staight and workable,

would a wrath to go alongside my inertias be too much overlap between the photons and volts?

The bag I'm considering would be:

3 x Atom 2 base one neutron
Entropy
Fresh Neutron max weight matrix with a seasoned proton and a cycle of electrons
Flippy plaz volt, new plaz volt, flat neutron volt
2 x neutron inertias
Neutron and proton wraths
2 x plasma fireballs
beat fiss photon, new neutron photon
2 x octanes one fresh proton heavy one beat neutron
1 x meathook long distance driver like a delierium or a dimension/ nitro.

if anyone seas overlap or a gap somewhere please let me know. Thanks!

Hey man how are you doing? Haven't seen you around. Still rocking this setup?