• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan weekend disc golf trip, what courses should we play???

ocmichael22

Bogey Member
In the soon future my buddies and I r making a weekend discing trip. We are from the Metro detroit area and have played all the courses around here such as:
kennington(toboggan and black locust)
Hudson Mills
Holly woods
Stoney Creek
Addison Oaks
etc...

We want to play flip city for sure, maybe the beauty and the beast in luddington, and maybe some courses in traverse city. Also debating maybe northern ohio(dont know whats down there).

I want to know your thoughts about what other courses are MUST PLAYS?

any help is much appreciated, thanks!

In the TC area- you MUST play Hickory Hills and Carly's Playground (Mt. Holiday). Next best in that area would be Hanson Hills, Myles Kymmerly. I'd go to Flip area, or TC, before northern Ohio. Norwalk has a great course (Great Blue Heron) in northern Ohio though, a tad east.

carlys playground and hickory hills are MUST plays in the traverse area. carly playground should really be played at least twice because there are 4 different layouts there. myles kimmerly is cool if you have time. flip city, beauty and beast are the must plays near ludington, with leviathan being the one to play if you have more time. leviathan is very different from varying teepads so playing that twice is worth it as well.

LEVIATHAN. MUST PLAY LEVIATHAN. 1ST PRIORITY. LEVIATHAN LONG. PLAY LEVIATHAN.

ive played hanson hills and didnt think it was all that great, but i am for sure going to play those 2 course in TC, ive heard of all of those courses except Myles Kymmerly?? where is it? o and leviathan?

Myles Kimmerly is above average but not great. Hickory Hills is pretty spectacular in spots. Good elevation.

Burchfield in lansing
Coldbrook in Battle Creek
Rober Morris in Kalamazoo
Oshtemo in Kalamazoo
Pretty much sums up southwest michigan

Deerfield park in Mount Pleasant is the best course I have played. I went to college 15 minutes from Deerfield and grew up/currently live 15 minutes from flip city. I'd play Deerfield over flip any day.

Flip, Beauty, Beast and Traverse city is a hell of a time. Going to Northwest Ohio over all that would be a terrible decision. lol

Burchfield PK in Holt, MI (very near Lansing) is fantastic, I found it on a road trip 3 weeks ago and loved it. 2 baskets and 2 tees on each beautifully manicured hole. A 2nd course a lot more wooded also, you gotta see/play hole 2 on this one, down a toboggan run!

btw, I hated Leviathan, the landing zones on the back nine were almost impossible and very frustrating to play.

Last edited:
As everyone else has already stated, Beauty, Beast, Leviathan, Flip City, Traverse City, others could be Whitehall and Branstrom

Burchfield in lansing
Coldbrook in Battle Creek

birchfield courses r sick, got to play them for the CCR open this yr

Burchfield PK in Holt, MI (very near Lansing) is fantastic, I found it on a road trip 3 weeks ago and loved it. 2 baskets and 2 tees on each beautifully manicured hole. A 2nd course a lot more wooded also, you gotta see/play hole 2 on this one, down a toboggan run!

:clap:

Let me be the fourth to recommend Burchfield Park in Holt, MI.
Beautiful course with two sets of pads and two sets of tees. Island hole, bunkers and a beautiful finishing hole (yellow) to boot. Absolute must play course in Michigan, pay to play and very well maintained.

Got some love for Cold Brook Park in K-Zoo as well. Also a soft spot for Victory Park in Albion, just off of I-94 (exit 121). Not sure either one is a "must play", but definitely two great courses if you have time.

No one has mentioned Victory park in Albion yet? that makes me a little sad on the inside. Hit that place up on the way to the others and you can stop in at any of the "micro Brewery's" (Bells, Acadia, Dark Horse, Founders) nearish that course there are a plenty that would be great to "Fuel" up on growlers for your mission. Just my .02

Despite what Mulligan McGee stated...Coldbrook, RoMo, and Oshtemo do not "sum up SW Mich"...Begg Park is BC, and Meyer Broadway in TR are also in the greater Kazoo area. There is also BlueGill...private though.

No one has mentioned Victory park in Albion yet? that makes me a little sad on the inside. Hit that place up on the way to the others and you can stop in at any of the "micro Brewery's" (Bells, Acadia, Dark Horse, Founders) nearish that course there are a plenty that would be great to "Fuel" up on growlers for your mission. Just my .02

Look up one post :thmbup: I gave some love to Victory Park in my post. :hfive:

Good call on the breweries, should have noted that when I mentioned Cold Brook Park. One of my favorite road trips is hitting up Cold Brook (24 holes) and then finishing the day with a trip to Bell's Brewery. :D

Latest posts