• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Milwaukee

DirtyMeathook

Birdie Member
Are Dretzka and Brown Deer seasonal? If so, when do they pull the baskets? Also, what is the P2P rate?

Couldn't find that info in the directory, and it wouldn't allow me to bump an old thread. Thanks in advance guys.

Well idk for sure but I believe mil courses are 5$ a day and one will work for the other so you could play as many different courses that same day for 5$. Dretzka and brown deer are seasonal closing mid Nov. Dretzka has a winter course they put up on the same property so and I'd assume that would open when the summer course closes.

Estrabrook is in year round. Dretzka's winter course (which I like better than the summer course) opens mid November, like said above. They're talking about leaving both Dretzkas in, but I don't know if that's for sure.

Things are changing this year. My understanding is that Brown Deer and the Dretzka original 27 will stay in all winter. The Dretzka winter top nine will likely go in, and may be in already. The rest of the winter Dretzka course will be no more. They will be pulled during the winter thaw, most likely April-May.

All of this is second hand info though, and I don't have an official source, that's just what's being said by people that I understand to be in a position to know.

Actually just talked to one of the park guys today. He confirmed they are leaving in the 27 at Dretzka and putting the winter 9 in any day now. Brown Deer is also being left open for the winter. 5 bucks for a day pass and is good at all the county courses. Hope that helps.

Actually just talked to one of the park guys today. He confirmed they are leaving in the 27 at Dretzka and putting the winter 9 in any day now. Brown Deer is also being left open for the winter. 5 bucks for a day pass and is good at all the county courses. Hope that helps.

That's good news, and a great addition since it's P2P.

I will miss the extra winter holes at Dretzka, though. Those were some of the funnest holes on the property...especially the big elevation holes.

I have heard that since they are now P2P that Brown Deer and Dretzka will both stay in year round. I am hoping they do still have the winter course.

Hopefully Madison learns from Milwaukee and starts keeping their courses open in winter....

I have heard that since they are now P2P that Brown Deer and Dretzka will both stay in year round. I am hoping they do still have the winter course.

Hopefully they put brown deer in all short positions. Otherwise a possible costly (lose plastic) round with the blind holes and length

Hopefully they put brown deer in all short positions. Otherwise a possible costly (lose plastic) round with the blind holes and length

You got that right, though the same could be said for Root River and that didn't happen last year. Still a fun round. Brown Deer is a good deal more dangerous though with more blind shots.

Brown Deer is set almost all short right now (I played my first round of the year there) and was told it should stay like it is now.

Hopefully Madison learns from Milwaukee and starts keeping their courses open in winter....

It is not the winter that is hard on courses . . . it is the freeze/thaw period between late February and April 15th OR SO. I say any course could be left in all winter as long as it gets pulled when the grass starts to get exposed after the thaw.

Madison's best bet for winter dg are the Dane County Parks courses (Token Creek & Capital Springs).

Madison Parks' courses...

Elver Park - Part of the course is used for cross country skiing in the winter and the hill that goes through holes 2-4 is an institution for sledding.

Hiestand Park - It was open year round except for the sloppy season (March & April). However, the parks department has been putting a lot of effort into improving the turf quality on the fairways which were in really bad shape so it has been closed the past two winters. It is possible that Hiestand would be open during the winter again in the future.

Madison Parks has also been discussing the idea of a winter course similar to the one Dretzka had.

Madison's best bet for winter dg are the Dane County Parks courses (Token Creek & Capital Springs).

Madison Parks' courses...

Elver Park - Part of the course is used for cross country skiing in the winter and the hill that goes through holes 2-4 is an institution for sledding.

Hiestand Park - It was open year round except for the sloppy season (March & April). However, the parks department has been putting a lot of effort into improving the turf quality on the fairways which were in really bad shape so it has been closed the past two winters. It is possible that Hiestand would be open during the winter again in the future.

Madison Parks has also been discussing the idea of a winter course similar to the one Dretzka had.

Token would be an excellent winter discing course, and with the minimal elevation, erosion shouldn't be too huge of a problem.

Latest posts