• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota Majestic

Maybe I'm being insensitive (definitely not trolling) but I don't feel too bad; if he doesn't make comments about the course that he is currently playing in during a tourney, he doesn't get rattled and lose 2-3 strokes on two holes Saturday. And the added pressure this caused when trying to seal the deal Sunday results in a....shall we say.....soft finish. Hopefully a lessen learned in either 1) keeping thoughts inside until after play is done, or 2) how to react next time when baited by an idiot, and 3) what you can't do when trying to put a bow on a win.

Also - was surprised at the relatively small payout gap between 1st and 2nd; if memory serves there is usually a bit more (I could be mistaken here)?

I wanted to give Nate a hug after he missed that putt. Felt bad for him.

Same. I felt sick for him. He makes that 99% of the time.

And how about that gross spit out on, I think, 18? That was even shorter. Talk about a bad beat.

Maybe I'm being insensitive (definitely not trolling) but I don't feel too bad; if he doesn't make comments about the course that he is currently playing in during a tourney, he doesn't get rattled and lose 2-3 strokes on two holes Saturday. And the added pressure this caused when trying to seal the deal Sunday results in a....shall we say.....soft finish. Hopefully a lessen learned in either 1) keeping thoughts inside until after play is done, or 2) how to react next time when baited by an idiot, and 3) what you can't do when trying to put a bow on a win.

Nailed It.

You should post more often.:thmbup:

ah..ok..upon further inspection...definitely not who I thought it was. Nevermind...

Attachments

• spectator.png
    spectator.png
    66 KB · Views: 154
is this going to have a video posted? id love to see it, didn't have any time to check in live.

Disc Golf Pro Tour Youtube page has all the live coverage archived. You can watch it there, fast-forward what you don't want to see.

I watched live coverage starting from hole 12 through the end and overall thought it was an excellent broadcast. Maybe it's just me but is seems like Terry is getting better all the time, he's getting more polished and smooth -- and Dana is getting better as well.

I watched on a big screen tv via my cell phone and it looked very good, the only thing I didn't really care for was the split screen since it made the main feed smaller and the secondary feed was a little too small. I prefer the full screen and then switching to the 2nd cam, but that's just a personal preference. Except during the playoff, just the cam from the fairway in full screen for the whole flight was all that was needed, that's all I was watching anyway and it was awesome seeing the entire flight of the discs as they flew towards the basket.

The actual play and how things unfolded was compelling, there was no way I was going to stop watching until the outcome was decided! Just awesome disc golf! It didn't really matter to me who won, the lead card players all deserved to be there and all had their moments.

Great job by the players and the broadcast team, thanks again!

The finish was riveting and I couldn't turn it off. I loved the two hole thing and that's done very often in ball golf as well.

There was drama and angst and thrills and I loved every minute of it. I fell like Nate gave it away in the end though.

Ricky's last putt made me leap from my chair!

Split screen

I am really "split" on the split screen coverage. It doesn't work very well when the smaller screen is showing drives, but I DO want to show that bonus card specifically when someone may be doing well on that card (such as Doss was). It works a lot better with putts. Maybe I need to adjust the sizing of the shots? But with the simultaneous action, we are usually watching both cards throw or something. Plus, I would hate to miss an Ace and not be able to show it to the viewers if I had a chance. With a crap-ton more of money we could afford one of those fancy recording devices that would let me cue up any shot we have. But it isn't realistic for us at this point.

I also like showing the split screen when the hole they are playing is heavily wooded and blind. Because I think it gives a viewer a perspective on what the thrower is seeing. Plus with the heavily wooded shots, I never know how far a player will get down the fairway if the 2nd cam will even be able to find it if it hits early.

I did like the split screen at the end during the playoff because I want to get the player's reactions to their shots without flipping back and forth quickly.

Open to thoughts and suggestions. I know the split screen doesn't work well with mobile devices.

How big of an ordeal would it be to put someone commentating on the 2nd card? I think you guys had it for Vibram. I think it just adds so much more to the bonus card coverage when there is someone on the camera to give story lines, shot descriptions, etc. I think it's especially important on drives with the 1 camera set up. It may not be feasible, but just curious

Open to thoughts and suggestions. I know the split screen doesn't work well with mobile devices.

I think the slip screen is good. But I watch it on the big HD set and sometimes my iPad, so I'm not bothered by the size as much as if I was watching on my phone.

I guess the ultimate solution is what ball golf broadcasters do - multiple playXplay & color teams and a director toggling b/t multiple hole locations. Obviously disc golf ain't there yet with the budgets.

Maybe, as a half-solution, put Terry & whoever is doing color with him in a tent or table overlooking the 18th green with some monitors and have the director (Jonny) toggle b/t the two camera locations based on the situation and have Terry call whatever action is being shown? Obv, Terry wouldn't be on the course but the broadcast could show two cards w/o the split screen and simulate a ball golf broadcast a little more? I'm sure I'm missing something simple, just spitballing...

Or, how about using another YT channel for the other card? How much is it to broadcast on YT channel live?

Whatever the case, the broadcast was excellent, as always. Keep up the great work.

I am really "split" on the split screen coverage. It doesn't work very well when the smaller screen is showing drives, but I DO want to show that bonus card specifically when someone may be doing well on that card (such as Doss was). It works a lot better with putts. Maybe I need to adjust the sizing of the shots? But with the simultaneous action, we are usually watching both cards throw or something. Plus, I would hate to miss an Ace and not be able to show it to the viewers if I had a chance. With a crap-ton more of money we could afford one of those fancy recording devices that would let me cue up any shot we have. But it isn't realistic for us at this point.

I also like showing the split screen when the hole they are playing is heavily wooded and blind. Because I think it gives a viewer a perspective on what the thrower is seeing. Plus with the heavily wooded shots, I never know how far a player will get down the fairway if the 2nd cam will even be able to find it if it hits early.

I did like the split screen at the end during the playoff because I want to get the player's reactions to their shots without flipping back and forth quickly.

The picture in picture isn't that valuable even on a 1080p computer monitor. You can barely make out the action on the little screen during a drive. Putts are much better and I see a use for showing something like that in a PIP display.

I thought when you were doing the full screen 'behind the player' camera on the drive with a hard cut to the 'fairway camera' to track the shot things were the best I've ever seen.

The action was extremely easy to follow and looked damn near like a pro golf broadcast (minus all the bells and whistles of course).

I think having some sort of Smashboxx/DGPT 'double box' background for the PIP might make it look a little more polished than the black for when you do decide to go with it.

But full-screen with the 2 camera option was looking downright fantastic.

Eagle said a bad word live today on the broadcast. Btw..did Nate get heckled right before missing that short putt for the win? Finally...there was a blonde on camera alot today, couldn't make out who it was, anyone know the story behind this person? Thought it might be Catrina???

Sort of, someone yelled at the top of their lungs right as he was starting his warmup.

I think the slip screen is good. But I watch it on the big HD set and sometimes my iPad, so I'm not bothered by the size as much as if I was watching on my phone.

I guess the ultimate solution is what ball golf broadcasters do - multiple playXplay & color teams and a director toggling b/t multiple hole locations. Obviously disc golf ain't there yet with the budgets.

Maybe, as a half-solution, put Terry & whoever is doing color with him in a tent or table overlooking the 18th green with some monitors and have the director (Jonny) toggle b/t the two camera locations based on the situation and have Terry call whatever action is being shown? Obv, Terry wouldn't be on the course but the broadcast could show two cards w/o the split screen and simulate a ball golf broadcast a little more? I'm sure I'm missing something simple, just spitballing...

Or, how about using another YT channel for the other card? How much is it to broadcast on YT channel live?

Whatever the case, the broadcast was excellent, as always. Keep up the great work.

I imagine broadcasting live on YT isn't expensive (might even be free for all I know), but the equipment/software needed to push two separate streams at once probably is. Not to mention the upload bandwidth needed to send out those two separate feeds. That would likely require upgrading the broadband connection ($) or degrading the quality of both feeds to fit them through.

I seem to recall they did exactly that at the 2015 Glass Blown Open with Dynamic Discs TV covering the leader card (with Dixon on the mic) and Smashboxx covering the chase card (with Terry on the mic). But those were two separate productions altogether...they couldn't switch between them or anything. I imagine that resulted in close to double the expense of the one card coverage or even the one card plus bonus camera coverage they're doing now.

Live to Youtube is free but, yes, would double the upstream bandwidth required from the Smashboxx studio which is cheaper than the mobile bandwidth the cameras are using but still costs extra $$$.

is this going to have a video posted? id love to see it, didn't have any time to check in live.

Smashboxxtv has the entire 3rd rd posted, I simply forwarded to the playoff to watch it today. Sexton chocked, no other way to say it.

After listening to so called heckler I have determined that both were at fault. When a pro calls your local course soft or easy i am sure it would offend anyone that has trouble making par. hopefully In the future that guy will keep his mouth shut and all professionals will publicly praise every course they play . In hindsight, What the heckler said was nothing compared to what other pro athletes deal with every game.

Latest posts