• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mosquitoe Report - how's it going where you are

Grinder12000

Birdie Member
25 miles north of Madison WI we're fine until about 9:30PM so for DG we're fine. I've heard that northern Wisconsin is a nightmare day and night.

There are a lot of mosquitoes at my home course right now. With it raining nearly every day lately, there is a lot of standing water/stagnant water that are helping them breed.

Ya its been Monsoon season here in Delaware and my practice field is a breeding ground for them right now and Im sure some courses with sitting water are a nightmare.

They are absolutely brutal here. Were also brutal down towards MSP/STP.

Standard fare for this time of year unfortunately.

None to be found where we are at. Sometimes it's nice living in the Spokane area. The dry arid climate makes them not wish to be around.

horrible when you get off into the deep woods or tall grassy areas where it seems to stay nice a wet with all the rain. I have even been spraying and dropping chemicals around the house/yard with really no luck..helps for a day or so but they come back hungry.

Not terrible in SW Michigan so far but like other folks have already stated it depends on where you go. Out in the open in mowed grass it isn't terrible but get into the woods near a swamp especially right after a rain and you are donating a few pints to the local insect population. As the summer goes on I am sure the swarms are going to go from annoying to downright evil.

minnesota, doncha know.

naw, seriously though. the joke goes that it's our state bird. go back in the woods and they'll carry you away . . .

Come to expect them to be bad in Kansas but I think other places are much worse. Like Georgia. More concerned with ticks.

Pretty bad because I can't remember that last day it hasn't rained. The biting deer flies are driving me crazy though, and ticks.

I've seen probably two this year. Maybe four if I'm exaggerating. And oddly enough, that's more than usual here in the Seattle area... Where we're famous for rain. Weird. Definitely don't miss the mosquitos and humidity of the Midwest.

None to be found where we are at. Sometimes it's nice living in the Spokane area. The dry arid climate makes them not wish to be around.

Our fire camp in Juntura was right on the Malheur River, on the school's nice green grass. It was 110*+ for a few days, and the hills are sagebrush and grass, but as soon as the sun set the mosquitoes attacked.
Made the mistake of leaving my tent open the first night as I went to chow. Took me 15 minutes to kill them all, and the last several left smears of my blood all over the inside of my tent.:gross:

Our fire camp in Juntura was right on the Malheur River, on the school's nice green grass. It was 110*+ for a few days, and the hills are sagebrush and grass, but as soon as the sun set the mosquitoes attacked.
Made the mistake of leaving my tent open the first night as I went to chow. Took me 15 minutes to kill them all, and the last several left smears of my blood all over the inside of my tent.:gross:

One unseen mosquito in your tent and you're doomed... :(

Pretty normal for this time of year, even with all the rain. There's a few in the woods if you don't use some OFF, but with it, they're hardly even noticeable.

Latest posts