• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mosquitoe Report - how's it going where you are

437321852_tp.jpg

Not too bad in KY, until yesterday when I went and played Kereiakes, and left with 3 new mosquito bites every time I went in the rough.

Tried out a new course between Princeton and Cambridge, MN. New enough to not be on DGCR, although it is on the PDGA directory. I was trying to give it a fair shake so I could write a fair review. Hole 1 was great but I was souring after playing one of the worst designed 500+ holes I have ever seen (Hole 5). Before the course could make amends, I was wishing to end the round as soon as possible and drive away as quick as possible.

The mosquitoes attacked me in squadrons and the ticks were out in full force, but it was the horse flies that killed me. I had at least two dozen swarming around my head and followed me from hole to hole. They flew into my mouth, ears, and eyes and directly affected at least three throws directly.

I do not know how much bug spray would have helped me, but it was so bad I am not sure I will try this course again for a long time.

not bad yet. but i'm planning to play the Hamilton County open saturday which is along White River.
Might try the Dryer sheet trick that big john talked about.

Some of the Charlotte courses are so bad people are walking of the course after a few holes. It's the worst I've ever seen out this way

Grrr...skeeters are terrible here in western MA, but playing 36 tomorrow early before it gets too f-in hot

Oh god... they... they... they want to hurt me. I think I'm traumatized by the past few days of skeetos.

Some of the Charlotte courses are so bad people are walking of the course after a few holes. It's the worst I've ever seen out this way

I played Goat Island like a month ago, seriously thought I was going to contract malaria.

The mosquito's told me to say Charlotte is fine, no skeeters here.

Elp-hay ee-may ee-they ave-hay aken-tay over-aye!!!!

It is TERRIBLE here! Played in a tournament yesterday and we were swatting at mosquitoes more than we were throwing discs x10.

Latest posts