• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Iconic or Amazing Holes

Played a tournament in Winfield Kansas called Octoberfriz in 97' and 98'. This was the one and only time I've taken a boat ride to putt out. The "Melon" as she was known, took you across the Walnut River to putt and then tee off on the next hole before riding back and completing the round. I wish I could remember the hole numbers. These were temporary courses with a unique experience

Circle R Meadows holes 1 and 18. Circle R Hill hole 18. Thank you John.

So many.....

That's part of why we love disc golf.

But the hole I found most thrilling, every time I walked up to it, is now extinct. It was in an annual temp course in Hampton Park, in Charleston, SC

View attachment 76428

Throw from under a giant live oak, across a cement pond with a fountain in the middle, clear the wall and fence on the far side, slip past the small trees to the basket.

This photo is deceiving because it's compressed. The distance was about 300'.

For me it's hole 6 at Bond's Lake in Ransomville NY. Not my picture but the hole is ~70' into the second little "divot" in the trees on the left. Bomb, bomb, bomb! It's a pretty big ski slope - the picture doesn't do the tee elevation justice.

c08089e895cc9b04e23459bdb0da6e93_m_IMG_0377.jpg

Last edited:
Back when I was 26 in 1999, I got to play DeLaveaga on one of my favorite days ever. I was good at throwing RHFH's with Banshees at that time, and stood up to On Top of the World and pinned it for a drop-in deuce. I wound up playing 4 x 27 holes that day. That ain't happening today on a much shorter, flat course! Oh, and later that day I got to tee off again for On Top of the World as actual bong rips were underway ten feet to my left. I had also been asked earlier in the day if I'd trade the shirt I was wearing with a gal who was a former roller derby player in the 1970's. (I would've had to play shirtless the rest of the round so I graciously declined). As Disc Golf of a day as it gets!

Just off the top of my head, some great holes from my adventures so far (many of which have already been mentioned...)
- RIP top of the world hole @ Hickory Hills old layout (Traverse City, MI) - Beautiful view down a ski hill over the TC area and Grand Traverse Bay. Course has recently went through a couple of redesigns, not sure if something close to this hole still exists there.
- Hole #26 @ Silver Creek Park (Manitowoc, WI) - Plays downhill and turns left to a "lighthouse basket" on a man-made peninsula in Lake Michigan.
- Hole #24 @Ionia State Rec Area (Ionia, MI) - Short throw downhill in the woods where a creek meanders across the fairway three separate times, and also curls around behind the basket.
- Hole #3 @ Kincaid Park (Anchorage, AK) - Beautiful views of the Cook Inlet, and a moose sighting isn't out of the question.
- Hole #8 @ Superior Pines (Grand Marais, MI) - Throw across a river gorge in a beautiful pine forest.
- Hole #11 @ Flip City (Shelby, MI) - Just iconic.

i absolutely loved silver creek i was just there last week

here is the famous 26 beauty memorial hole

6w3ZAXI.jpeg

4AbHyL8.jpeg

i absolutely loved silver creek i was just there last week

here is the famous 26 beauty memorial hole

Ahhh! <3 That's the one! I was there in September. It had to be really cold when you were there with the wind coming off the lake, right?

Very nice course.

Ahhh! <3 That's the one! I was there in September. It had to be really cold when you were there with the wind coming off the lake, right?

Very nice course.

oh fack yah bud

there was barely any snow so it was super easy lookin for discs but it was icy and the wind was whippin off the lake i think both days were 0-15 degrees

tbh these are fightin words to a lot but i enjoyed silver creek moar than rr and would quicker go back to sc than rr

lastly i didnt even get to play the lighthouse hole cuz there were two dog owners with their dogs on the hole and i just told them to enjoy their day and i admired the hole by walkin it (then took the pics)

didnt seem right to kick some dog owners off a dog memorial hole anyways

oh fack yah bud

there was barely any snow so it was super easy lookin for discs but it was icy and the wind was whippin off the lake i think both days were 0-15 degrees

tbh these are fightin words to a lot but i enjoyed silver creek moar than rr and would quicker go back to sc than rr

lastly i didnt even get to play the lighthouse hole cuz there were two dog owners with their dogs on the hole and i just told them to enjoy their day and i admired the hole by walkin it (then took the pics)

Brrr! Yeah I loved Silver Creek. I think there are a few things there that could be improved but the course had so much character and uniqueness throughout. The scenery is definitely better than RR, that's not knocking RR at all but just being right on Lake Michigan and transitioning from holes near the creek, in the meadows, in the woods, and on the beach all in one course is hard to beat.

I might get back over there later this year to try some more courses, but the "problem" is I want to go back to all the courses I played last time too hahaha.

oh fack yah bud

These are in my home stomping grounds.
It's been a nice place to be located.

Rollin' Ridge went in as a finished product, for the most part.

Silver Creek is a 20+ year evolution.
(Courses that evolve so much, have periods where they get dinged for navigation; as signs might have not yet been updated, or, new tees tough to find; etc.)

Also, if/when you guys pay a next visit; (a little south of these two, O'Hauser Park is nice public course design, with 30 years of evolution.

(a little north): Casey's place, Shu Pond DGC, is very much worth a visit as well. His two pins/18 holes playable layout is pretty top notch.

These are in my home stomping grounds.
It's been a nice place to be located.

Rollin' Ridge went in as a finished product, for the most part.

Silver Creek is a 20+ year evolution.
(Courses that evolve so much, have periods where they get dinged for navigation; as signs might have not yet been updated, or, new tees tough to find; etc.)

Also, if/when you guys pay a next visit; (a little south of these two, O'Hauser Park is nice public course design, with 30 years of evolution.

(a little north): Casey's place, Shu Pond DGC, is very much worth a visit as well. His two pins/18 holes playable layout is pretty top notch.

oh i bet it plays like it has a bunch of character and seems to be very "volunteer" polished which i respect although rr had the refined professional polish

the pure joy i felt while playin sc was one i havent found in a while

i stopped in ohauser on my way back to mn and it felt moar like a mn course instead of a wi course but it was solid none the less

Brrr! Yeah I loved Silver Creek. I think there are a few things there that could be improved but the course had so much character and uniqueness throughout. The scenery is definitely better than RR, that's not knocking RR at all but just being right on Lake Michigan and transitioning from holes near the creek, in the meadows, in the woods, and on the beach all in one course is hard to beat.

I might get back over there later this year to try some more courses, but the "problem" is I want to go back to all the courses I played last time too hahaha.

get it while you can cuz sc is suffering from the e word

I visited O'Hauser during my trip as well - no holes worth mentioning here but definitely a solid play! Gotta check out Shu Pond next time.

I did like the last hole at Zobel too - forgot about that.

JuanA- This hole was one of the first to come to mind for me as well! It also was very hard to throw without knowing where you are going at all haha.

Hole 4 @ Blue Ribbon Pines
Hole 17 @ Bryant Lake Park
Hole 4 (? cave hole) @ Bucksnort
Hole 6 @ Tuthill Park (Sioux Falls, SD)
Hole 8 @ Cedar Creek Central (Fairmont, MN)

oh fack yah bud

This.
So many places I'd rather go to than Rollin Ridge...So many.

Just off the top of my head, some great holes from my adventures so far (many of which have already been mentioned...)
- RIP top of the world hole @ Hickory Hills old layout (Traverse City, MI) - Beautiful view down a ski hill over the TC area and Grand Traverse Bay. Course has recently went through a couple of redesigns, not sure if something close to this hole still exists there.
- Hole #26 @ Silver Creek Park (Manitowoc, WI) - Plays downhill and turns left to a "lighthouse basket" on a man-made peninsula in Lake Michigan.
- Hole #24 @Ionia State Rec Area (Ionia, MI) - Short throw downhill in the woods where a creek meanders across the fairway three separate times, and also curls around behind the basket.
- Hole #3 @ Kincaid Park (Anchorage, AK) - Beautiful views of the Cook Inlet, and a moose sighting isn't out of the question.
- Hole #8 @ Superior Pines (Grand Marais, MI) - Throw across a river gorge in a beautiful pine forest.
- Hole #11 @ Flip City (Shelby, MI) - Just iconic.

Lovin me some Superior Pines love!

Fantastic out of the way course!