• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Iconic or Amazing Holes

Recently I had the pleasure of playing Justin Trails BB hole 18 and Bryant Lake hole 17. I would add these to my list of Iconic holes. I was actually afraid of both of them. Big Brother had me beat down and Bryant Lake 17 i was unsure of. I chickened
out on both. Though next time will be a different story.

Recently I had the pleasure of playing Justin Trails BB hole 18 and Bryant Lake hole 17. I would add these to my list of Iconic holes. I was actually afraid of both of them. Big Brother had me beat down and Bryant Lake 17 i was unsure of. I chickened
out on both. Though next time will be a different story.

Justin Trails BB hole 18 is a great finishing hole...

depending on what planted to the left side of the fairway, cuz that's where I'm landing :p

Justin Trails BB hole 18 is a great finishing hole...

depending on what planted to the left side of the fairway, cuz that's where I'm landing :p

I see you might be playing Bryant Lake coming up. Hole 17 is almost the same elevation as 18 BB but the fairway is steep wood steps to the bottom with water to the left if you go long... crazy hole.

I see you might be playing Bryant Lake coming up. Hole 17 is almost the same elevation as 18 BB but the fairway is steep wood steps to the bottom with water to the left if you go long... crazy hole.

I sure will be (finally). I don't do well on downhill holes. I've gotten better, but it's just so flat around here that I don't get to throw them very often. It usually doesn't go too well.

Here's my winner from the 200+ I've played (Allgau, Germany).

192197597_4778526235509287_5370366366358151901_n.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0058.JPG
    CIMG0058.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I wish I had a picture but I'll try to describe it. If you've ever played Mackenzie on the Big Island, you'll know.
Hole 17 tees on a lava outcropping and throws out over the Pacific ocean and finishes on another outcropping affectionately called the Buddha. The tee and landing zones are elevated over the crashing waves about 50-75 feet. The waves crash against the cliffs of old lava flows that stick out like fingers into the big blue ocean. And depending on the time of year, you may catch a glimpse of humpbacks offshore.
There are other holes like Kiss it Goodbye in Aspen, CO. and Leadville College course with Maroon Bells as a backdrop.

Here is my list of iconic holes played so far.....

Sloterpark 17

Coyote Point 16

Skyline Wilderness 7

Bear Mountain 10

DeLaveaga 27

Stafford Lake 6

Bucksnort 8

Flyboy 3

West Lake Park 5

Parc des Familles 18

Flip City 11

Eagle's Crossing 18

Harmony Bends 18

Hummel Park 2

Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort 10

Moraine 15

Pier Park 15

Riverbend/Milo 3

Brian Head 11

Skamania Lodge 2

Highbridge Hills Blueberry 2

Sandy Point 26

Leaning Rock Canyon 1 & 16

Hole 18 at Ashe County Park North Carolina.
602 FT Dog leg right extremely downhill. Make the gap with a disc that you can get to go right and you're looking at one of the longest drives of your life. Hole 9 is similar, but smaller warm up. enjoy the hike and elevation changes.
1706974472092.png1706974472092.png

Hole 13 Shipwreck Bluff at Erie State park in NY USA near Dunkirk. Course hole you see is first Red/Blue tee and then white and finally basket in alcove, I almost did hole 4 but I feel this hole does not show off Course the best and uses elevation 90% of course does not use. Couse is open and tight mix almost 50-50 and can be very tight I love this hole as you can see several other holes fully and a few baskets of others. really like in this area is you can see where an original fire pit still stands and can see some of the park when first a state park in mid 1930's buildings still standing when built by CCC.
1707000423980.pngt1707000486979.png1707000510972.png

Last edited:
Hole 18 at Ashe County Park North Carolina.
602 FT Dog leg right extremely downhill. Make the gap with a disc that you can get to go right and you're looking at one of the longest drives of your life. Hole 9 is similar, but smaller warm up. enjoy the hike and elevation changes.
View attachment 332173View attachment 332173
Pix don't do this hole justice. The drop is much more significant than it comes across in the photo. It seems like a simple shot, but hitting that gap is daunting.

Indeed, looking at the gap and going up past the yellow leaves to the first air gap above the first green bunch of leaves is looking straight out. That is a full-sized telephone pole that you can see in the gap. I would guess the elevation drop to be 50+ feet minimum. If you hit the gap, it isn't that unusual to be near that pole on your drive.