• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Tyler State Park East now quietly climbing to #24, passing Highbridge Hills - Granite Ridge in the DGCR rankings. I am guessing it got a nudge from pierparknut's latest review.

pierparknut also has a new review for the West course which, in my opinion deserves more love. Depending on that day's pin positions (and your mood that day during your round, lol), the West can be almost as good, as good, or better than East.

One of the points I differ on in regards to his review on West is the point he makes about constant improvements in the last few years. I believe the West course has been mostly set in it's current form for the last few years (other than the work being down on #27 around the C pin position). Oh sure, there have been some tweaks here and there - but the same can be said about the East. Both courses are ever-evolving and getting better and better.

Noticed former contender VisionQuest is extinct on here. Played it today. Everything playable but very sad. Few other cards played and everyone had heard the same rumors of the land being sold. Few locals trying to get a final round in. Was something in the heyday. Fun golf still, but literal bones of what was littering the course. Good times. 3.5 out of 5.

Not to dive into the wayback machine, but I checked this place out last week and wow I wish I had visited when the course was in its prime. I can confirm that in the present day, it's correctly listed as Extinct though. I suppose technically you could still play, but I think I have a pretty high tolerance for "unplayable" and this was right on the borderline even for me. I thought about throwing a round in the knee high weeds, but decided not to subject myself to that (I only had 10 discs in my bag to lose, after all). I walked around enough to get a feel for the course though, and that much is still possible. The mailbox still had scorecards in it. The dock tee must have been incredible. RIP.

Attachments

• PXL_20230726_182522350.jpg
    PXL_20230726_182522350.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
since the new site lists the top 24 and i'm too lazy to count to 10, maybe this thread needs a new name; or new thread created... maybe i'll do it if there is movement in the top 24.

Soooo. Why is the top ten not prominently listed anywhere? Am I missing something?

The hole tips and tournament stuff on the front page is just dumb imo. The top 10 should be prominently listed. When I click on top rated it has Jarva, Caliber, Bucksnort, Hawk Hollow and some other highly rated ones. Not remotely close to what it used to look like. Plus they're not sorted in any kind of sensible way. Do I need to filter this somehow? Looking up the top rated courses by state also used to be so much easier. Ughhh.
Cut It Out Reaction GIF

Soooo. Why is the top ten not prominently listed anywhere? Am I missing something?

The hole tips and tournament stuff on the front page is just dumb imo. The top 10 should be prominently listed. When I click on top rated it has Jarva, Caliber, Bucksnort, Hawk Hollow and some other highly rated ones. Not remotely close to what it used to look like. Plus they're not sorted in any kind of sensible way. Do I need to filter this somehow? Looking up the top rated courses by state also used to be so much easier. Ughhh.
Cut It Out Reaction GIF
Completely agree. Most of the front page is ok at this point for me, but the hole tips definitely don't need to be there. I would do away with tournament info in favor of top ten as well; perhaps some people would disagree but I think the average user of this course would prefer top 10 at least 10x over.

So in terms of actual movement in the top 10, it looks like Järva is back. UDisc is showing it as a perfectly valid course again and here it has reclaimed the #1 spot, after temporarily being declared extinct.

Anyone have the latest intel on the course?

So in terms of actual movement in the top 10, it looks like Järva is back. UDisc is showing it as a perfectly valid course again and here it has reclaimed the #1 spot, after temporarily being declared extinct.

Anyone have the latest intel on the course?
Shrug....I have NO idea how to find any top ten. I thought it was a DGCR 1.0 feature.

Oh! It's not as prominent as before, but you can just go to "Browse Courses" and then "Top Rated". It then sorts by rating, at least for me.
Or here's a direct link: Top rated disc golf courses

Harmony bends is rated 4.84 with 59 reviews. How exactly is that not top 2 or 3? It'd be nice if it was actually accurate.

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot that the filters don't automatically reset. Which is annoying.

Mayflower had its 21st review today. Not sure if it takes 21 reviews still to make the top courses list, but mayflower hills is listed at 16th regardless. I hope to be able to throw the course someday. Great review by adlacro. looking forward to seeing his Harmon Hills review.

Mayflower had its 21st review today. Not sure if it takes 21 reviews still to make the top courses list, but mayflower hills is listed at 16th regardless. I hope to be able to throw the course someday. Great review by adlacro. looking forward to seeing his Harmon Hills review.
Glad you liked the review! I have a container coming into our workplace next week. Likely I will get Harmon Hills up tomorrow. The course is a must hit, and it's really not that far off of 81. Worlds is in Bedford next year; Roanoke is not all that far away from there.

Harmony bends is rated 4.84 with 59 reviews. How exactly is that not top 2 or 3? It'd be nice if it was actually accurate.

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot that the filters don't automatically reset. Which is annoying.

Ha. I just did the same thing. Annoying for sure.

I thought Mayflower was fantastic. Well-deserved.

I find searching for courses way more tedious than it was before the site migration.

The filter not clearing when you close the browser is only part of it. It's harder to toggle between map and list on my phone

...... which is where I'd need to do it during road trips.

I find searching for courses way more tedious than it was before the site migration.

The filter not clearing when you close the browser is only part of it. It's harder to toggle between map and list on my phone

...... which is where I'd need to do it during road trips.
sounds about right

Latest posts