• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Thinking about an order of these beauties. Holler if interested. Pretty cool!

WinterAmp_blue.jpg

WinterAmp_green.jpg

WinterAmp_red.jpg

Introducing the Winter Edition Eclipse Amp, in stores December 16th.
To celebrate MVP's growth in 2015 we are releasing our first ever Winter Edition disc, a dual-foil Eclipse Amp with special edition artwork by Mike Inscho. The artwork depicts a snow globe scene stamped in white and holographic metallic foils, varied by disc color. For stamping we have selected sparkle (and other optical effect) Eclipse Amps, including newer sparkle colors that have only been seen recently in the Proton Amp and Proton Wave release.

Winter Edition Eclipse Amps will be stamped according to demand for a limited time, so stock up at release!

Super excited for the Eclipse Amp. Perfect compliment to my E Volt for winter glow rounds.

The Christmas stamp is very nice

I have almost no use for an Amp on any course in my Parish. I traveled to play this weekend because my courses were flooded(again). So glad Amp always makes the travel bag. I used it a lot, and love that slow turn.

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought an Amp the other day and was really disappointed. I was expecting some turn from it, based on the flight numbers, but I'd swear the turn and fade were reversed. It threw more like a -1, 3 instead of -3, 1. Maybe I just suck...

You're not alone. The Amp has proven to most folks that it doesn't fit the "understable" roll they were looking for. To me the amp is to the tl as the volt is to the teebird. Straight and good high speed stability.

You may want to try a crave or even more understable with a very small rim is the inspire?

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought an Amp the other day and was really disappointed. I was expecting some turn from it, based on the flight numbers, but I'd swear the turn and fade were reversed. It threw more like a -1, 3 instead of -3, 1. Maybe I just suck...

Keep throwing it, especially in the woods. It will change.

I found a Champ Sidewinder on ebay the other day, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Amp. I don't get out to play enough to give time to breaking in discs. I like my discs to throw as advertised. Now, whether I can throw them the way they are intended is another story.

I found a Champ Sidewinder on ebay the other day, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Amp. I don't get out to play enough to give time to breaking in discs. I like my discs to throw as advertised. Now, whether I can throw them the way they are intended is another story.

This is a pic I posted way back in this thread. Both of these are Amps:

(Sorry so blurry.)

There are 2 distinct Amps out in the wild. The pink one here is pretty filppy, the blue one is like the one you described, almost no HS turn. I've got one like it that's pretty seasoned, and it still doesn't turn much more than a -1.

If you want the flippy type, you have to find one with the rounded shoulder and lower PLH.

Last edited:
This is a pic I posted way back in this thread. Both of these are Amps:

(Sorry so blurry.)

There are 2 distinct Amps out in the wild. The pink one here is pretty filppy, the blue one is like the one you described, almost no HS turn. I've got one like it that's pretty seasoned, and it still doesn't turn much more than a -1.

If you want the flippy type, you have to find one with the rounded shoulder and lower PLH.

Too late to finish edit...I had the wrong pic up for a sec. The left one here (creamsicle) is like a very seasoned Volt, the hot pink one on the right is what I think of as a "real" Amp, -2 HSS off the shelf.

I keep at least one disc in the bag that I won't be heartbroken over losing it. I throw it over water holes and places I think I might have a good chance of a lost disc on unknown new courses.

You could always bag it for that and if it stays around long enough to do what you want start using another disc for those risky shots.

Found one of these, Amp, the other on a local course in Proton, no name, thing looked pretty new, posted it on our club page but never heard anything on it. Had it in the bag and was doing some field work and decided to see how it flew. For me it was pretty stable, not a pig but I had to throw it flat or else it would never flip up, only time I really turned it was on a bad forehand throw.

Granted I am only a 300' Teebird thrower but after reading the reviews and numbers I was really surprised. Maybe it's just my arm is too puny for it but on flat throws I get a little turn out of FDs, lots out of Rivers, some out of a Saint, fuzz of flip up on a Teebird but any hyzer on this and it just holds it all the way. Was thinking of snagging one or even messing with this one if I don't hear anything on it but I'm thinking I may have an oddball one...maybe

Also, I can see how it was lost, I found it less than 10' off the fairway on an uphill dogleg right hole that's no more than 275. Rough isn't bad at all, kinda just some trees in the way but this thing is translucent with a touch of fleshy pink, just begging to be lost.

Found one of these, Amp, the other on a local course in Proton, no name, thing looked pretty new, posted it on our club page but never heard anything on it. Had it in the bag and was doing some field work and decided to see how it flew. For me it was pretty stable, not a pig but I had to throw it flat or else it would never flip up, only time I really turned it was on a bad forehand throw.

Granted I am only a 300' Teebird thrower but after reading the reviews and numbers I was really surprised. Maybe it's just my arm is too puny for it but on flat throws I get a little turn out of FDs, lots out of Rivers, some out of a Saint, fuzz of flip up on a Teebird but any hyzer on this and it just holds it all the way. Was thinking of snagging one or even messing with this one if I don't hear anything on it but I'm thinking I may have an oddball one...maybe

Nah. Amps are often fairly stable. What you're seeing out of the flight is about right.

Agreed. The Neutron Amp was one of the very first, if not THE first, MVP/Axiom disc I ever got. I like the flight of the disc a lot, but mine has never been as understable as the comments I read on these and other boards. Doesn't matter; it's a good disc, and when I bag it I use it to get the flights i know it's going to give me...

Just got an Amp as my first mvp disc ever. A white 175 neutron. Was looking for nice understable disc to my firebird/thunderbird lineup but the thing flies like a fresh thunderbird(thrown flat it goes straight 350ft and has a nice forward fade at the end). Not a bad disc by any means, very nice flier actually but def not -2 hss. I'll try to attach a comparison pic next to a beat in thunderbird.

Attachments

• E4E240CE-8C83-42F5-A926-A9460ADA9D83.jpg
    E4E240CE-8C83-42F5-A926-A9460ADA9D83.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 29
Just got an Amp as my first mvp disc ever. A white 175 neutron. Was looking for nice understable disc to my firebird/thunderbird lineup but the thing flies like a fresh thunderbird(thrown flat it goes straight 350ft and has a nice forward fade at the end). Not a bad disc by any means, very nice flier actually but def not -2 hss. I'll try to attach a comparison pic next to a beat in thunderbird.

dang.

Latest posts