• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
beat buzz > theory

i like the theory i just dont love it

once i am out of my current supply of theories im going back to the pro d buzz

however once discraft makes x wasps again im dropping buzzes completely

currently my plaz theory is my water disc i hope it departs from my bag within a month or two

i would rather go plaz ion than the theory

ok that ends my rant

Took my Theory out and replaced it with the Spin. Much happerier bag now. Lots of MVP putters and drivers and NO MVP mids.

For noodles maybe but the spin is wayyyy more US at any power vs a theory. Approach shots prolly a wash with little more glide to the spin obviously made on the best dg core ever.

beat buzz > theory

i like the theory i just dont love it

once i am out of my current supply of theories im going back to the pro d buzz

however once discraft makes x wasps again im dropping buzzes completely

currently my plaz theory is my water disc i hope it departs from my bag within a month or two

i would rather go plaz ion than the theory

ok that ends my rant

Remember when you would never throw a theory or ion or volt either? Good luck with those janky molded buzz that dont even line up from the top to bottom on the PLH. You showed me...

Do you even have the arm for a buzzz? Just use ions and volts and throw everything else in the pond at hidden lake back side.

Remember when you would never throw a theory or ion or volt either? Good luck with those janky molded buzz that dont even line up from the top to bottom on the PLH. You showed me...

Do you even have the arm for a buzzz? Just use ions and volts and throw everything else in the pond at hidden lake back side.

and they still win my business

pro d buzz are the best ill just go to gggt and eye up all the buzzes and check plh and to make sure the tops and bottom kinda match up

For noodles maybe but the spin is wayyyy more US at any power vs a theory. Approach shots prolly a wash with little more glide to the spin obviously made on the best dg core ever.

I find the Spin is the closest thing MVP has to a Comet. Stable, not understable.
I can reach 320 with a Comet and about 360 with a distance driver, say Tesla.
I've hit longer lines but those are not the norm. I throw clean, not fast, so yeah, I want a disc that rewards clean.
My problem with the Theory is that it acts in a quatuam manner. At one speed it is stable, kick it up a half notch and it is underatable. The is nothing in between. I like a gradent in my stability vs speed.

sorry mini thread jack about myself

The Cobra is of course beaded. Only one I've ever felt comfortable holding aside from these that I don't throw anymore: Spider, Breaker/Ringer, kinda Ion (don't like the curved inner rim) ummm?

/back to MVP

sorry mini thread jack about myself

The Cobra is of course beaded. Only one I've ever felt comfortable holding aside from these that I don't throw anymore: Spider, Breaker/Ringer, ummm?

/back to MVP

i still have my first ever dx spider why did i ever throw that because i didnt know better

back to mvp frisbees

i still have my first ever dx spider why did i ever throw that because i didnt know better

back to mvp frisbees

Not sure if you're messing with me or others. Kinda disappointed I'm not certain.

Throw and putt with that thing, your silly arm has been throwing Ions and Wasps too long

Not sure if you're messing with me or others. Kinda disappointed I'm not certain.

Throw and putt with that thing, your silly arm has been throwing Ions and Wasps too long

youre all good grip no worries

once the snow is off the ground i will i think i have an ace with it too its white so i dont wanna throw it in winter

i could put together my old 3 disc set up a wraith a shark and a spider

this was long before any mvp frisbees were out back when dg was dg

I find the Spin is the closest thing MVP has to a Comet. Stable, not understable.
I can reach 320 with a Comet and about 360 with a distance driver, say Tesla.
I've hit longer lines but those are not the norm. I throw clean, not fast, so yeah, I want a disc that rewards clean.
My problem with the Theory is that it acts in a quatuam manner. At one speed it is stable, kick it up a half notch and it is underatable. The is nothing in between. I like a gradent in my stability vs speed.

Your Theory is different than my Theories. Will say my Plaz is less stable at high speeds.

Problem I have is, the Proxy is almost identical to the Theory on just about every line and distance.

My problem with the Theory is that it acts in a quantum manner. At one speed it is stable, kick it up a half notch and it is understable. The is nothing in between. I like a gradient in my stability vs speed.

Beat Tangent= Theory

I liked the Theory a lot more before I had a Spin and Proxy... I'm going to store it in case something happens with my beat Tangent or my mood changes. The Spin is more appealing to me for the short shots it still needs a bit of power to turn but not as much as a Theory.

Last edited:
My Theory doesn't clash with my Spin or Proxy at all, it has better glide than both. It stays in the air way easier on hard turning annys (usually 1-2 holes like this at every course around here). I don't even bag the Proxy, it feels clunky compared to a seasoned Ion. The Spin has good glide but it's not as fast as the Theory so it's more of a chore trying to get turn and distance with.

The only thing I don't like about my Theory is that Saturday I mashed it too hard on a long downhill upshot and it drifted past the basket and inexplicably through a thick line of trees and landed in the middle of the next hole's fairway.

The only thing I don't like about my Theory is that Saturday I mashed it too hard on a long downhill upshot and it drifted past the basket and inexplicably through a thick line of trees and landed in the middle of the next hole's fairway.

what did you think was going to happen when you activate the gyro

Well I was hoping the wall of trees would block the Theory and give me a longish putt. I can only theorize that the disc got to the trees and was having such a jolly good time floating along that it flipped straight vertical to squeeze between the trunks so that it could glide out another 80'. It was my mistake, I should've just thrown the damn Ion.

Status
Not open for further replies.