• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually a Tangent guy but with the plasma Axis release I feel like I owe it a shot again.... And with my improved range on the Envy lately I need a bit more glide on my mid to avoid redundancy.

mvp putters > any mids

but especially mvp putters > mvp mids

why not just stick with your envy and get a cycle on of their lousy electron plastic

I'm usually a Tangent guy but with the plasma Axis release I feel like I owe it a shot again.... And with my improved range on the Envy lately I need a bit more glide on my mid to avoid redundancy.

Do you need to throw gyro mids? Envies are long putters, so they pair well with long mids. Verdict/Emac Truth/Evidence/Tursas is working great for me as a step up from Zone/Envy/beat Electron Envy.

Do you need to throw gyro mids? Envies are long putters, so they pair well with long mids. Verdict/Emac Truth/Evidence/Tursas is working great for me as a step up from Zone/Envy/beat Electron Envy.

Well I don't need to throw gyro mids... but I used the heck out of my Tangents before they made the Proxy, I switched to Tangents from my Axis for better short range capabilities. My first Tangent is living in Theory country.. But yeah I'm basically still trying to fill my Comet/ Tursas slot. The Firebird was easier to replace. I don't know why I keep trying to gyro, some mistaken hope maybe they will sponsor me or something I suppose...

Basically I'm relying on my mids for straight tunnels and tight woods surgical drives.

why not just stick with your envy and get a cycle on of their lousy electron plastic

LOUSY electron plastic... actually it's alright but I play on a rockpile, three months with 3 electron soft Envys and now I have Proxy's. I'm definitely sticking with the Envy I'm trying to season my Plasmas straighter.. Envy / Spin does a lot of damage, Comet or Tursas is solid but a little more stability is good on steep downhills. Axis is close between a Comet and Buzzz if I lock it flat on a downhill line it usually holds with low fade and max glide.

Last edited:

Well I don't need to throw gyro mids... but I used the heck out of my Tangents before they made the Proxy, I switched to Tangents from my Axis for better short range capabilities. My first Tangent is living in Theory country.. But yeah I'm basically still trying to fill my Comet/ Tursas slot. The Firebird was easier to replace. I don't know why I keep trying to gyro, some mistaken hope maybe they will sponsor me or something I suppose...

Basically I'm relying on my mids for straight tunnels and tight woods surgical drives.

LOUSY electron plastic... actually it's alright but I play on a rockpile, three months with 3 electron soft Envys and now I have Proxy's. I'm definitely sticking with the Envy I'm trying to season my Plasmas straighter.. Envy / Spin does a lot of damage, Comet or Tursas is solid but a little more stability is good on steep downhills. Axis is close between a Comet and Buzzz if I lock it flat on a downhill line it usually holds with low fade and max glide.

I only have one Axis but I feel that it's actually a longer mid. It can crush and does actually pair well with Proxy Envy setup. In fact, I tested way too many mids to find a mid that could work in that setup and was one of the few that did. And if thrown right it's perfect for long tunnels.

My setup is very similar to aphilso's.

I think the disc you're looking for is an Evidence. Super underrated disc. I picked a couple up for cheap on a Black Friday sale but never expected it to make my bag. VERY pleasantly surprised...3 months later and now it might be my most used mid. It's unbelievably straight but yet somehow resistant to the ol' turn and burn. I'd rate it as a 5/5/-0.5/0.5 disc in Fuzion plastic. It reminds me of a midrange version of a Wave.

How dare you not propagate gyro as part of the agenda here!!!! Haha

I'll keep an eye out and have a feel next tournament when there's a sale on... but honestly I don't need extras I pretty much rotate Vertex (x2), Tangent (x4), Comet (x5), Tursas and Axis (x3) through that slot now. Usually two from the list above fills it all.. I figured I'd audition the Axis again in plasma to see if its closer to my FR Axis..

The Comet is one disc that just won't leave the bag.. Irreplaceable so far.. Except for the Tursas it's a great Comet clone.

Last edited:
I was not a fan of the first several gyro mids. Tangent, Ventor etc were either uncomfortable or didn't do what I wanted them to. The Matrix however feels great and does straight to fade or slight turn to fade very well.

I'm excited to throw my plasma axis more. Trying to straighten out the straight mid slot. A proton alias currently holds that spot, but I'm thinking the axis might end up being more versatile. And I prefer the plasma plastic too.

I was not a fan of the first several gyro mids. Tangent, Ventor etc were either uncomfortable or didn't do what I wanted them to. The Matrix however feels great and does straight to fade or slight turn to fade very well.

are you talkin bh or fh or both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts