• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My N Clash is very Eagle like but I prefer the Servo for FH b/c the Clash has kind of a sharpish rim on the bottom.

My recent used bin acquisitions we're a 163g plasma Tesla and 172g plasma Inertia, and both are pretty f'n sweet. That light Tesla might change my life. I already bag a 168g neutron for an OS control driver, the plasma is a tick less stable but always hooks up. Parked a 325' FH on my first drive in a round with it today.

Tesla has officially put my PDs in jeopardy, and I have lots of PDs. Well, I'll always bag a P PD..... until I run out of them.

I've decided I really like plasma plastic too. I don't like g-star and I probably wouldn't like plasma without the overmold. The rigid overmold keeps it from being floppy and I like the grip.

Attachments

• IMG_20190129_172934.jpg
    IMG_20190129_172934.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 19
My bag does make a couple of mold changes though at elevation and in the woods.

You are a really strong FH player...good BH though too.. at elevation what do you swap for Volt and Servo? Go lighter or totally different mold? Does elevation change your utility usage for discs IE weaker backhand different disc?

(I'm guessing Crave... for the record)

So what's the deal with Eagles being stable.. Is it just my range or experience with them? Any eagles I've had were very straight tight S discs maybe they were all Eagle L I don't know but the way you guys talk I feel like I was throwing a different disc...

Tesla's.. I see a lot about them saw a ton of em at my favourite online retailer in fission.. I'm probably just going to get a 143 fiz Photon backup but I'm curious if it would fit beside a Tesla or if it's a one or the other kind of thing the ratings are similar..

So what's the deal with Eagles being stable.. Is it just my range or experience with them? Any eagles I've had were very straight tight S discs maybe they were all Eagle L I don't know but the way you guys talk I feel like I was throwing a different disc...

Tesla's.. I see a lot about them saw a ton of em at my favourite online retailer in fission.. I'm probably just going to get a 143 fiz Photon backup but I'm curious if it would fit beside a Tesla or if it's a one or the other kind of thing the ratings are similar..

Quite possible that you have been throwing EL. The eagle x mold should be fairly OS. It's got a really unique flight in that it has more turn than a teebird but also more fade. Lends itself to really beautiful anhyzer flex flights. Also in my experience the fade tends to be more of a forward penetrating fade then a dumpy fade where it fights to the ground.

Tesla is more of a distance/fairway hybrid similar to an escape or valkyrie in my experience. Whereas the photon is a true distance driver.

Agree with ponder on the Eagles, you probably had an L mold. Also agree that the Tesla is more in the 9-10 speed range and the Photon is 11-12 speed. Gotta say the Tesla is more like a fresh PD than a Valk though.

I think he was just comparing it to a valk speed wise but I could be wrong. That thunderbird/valk/volt/orc tweener range. Where you can get good distance but they are still very workable at fairway speeds.

I think the Tesla is a great driver. I like the Volt, Tesla, and Photon a LOT. But, there's just no reason I can find to bag all three. I golf @ like 350' ave max, probably. (@ Octane class I'm probably bumping up against the limit of being able to get them up to speed.) I think it would take a good bit more power for these three molds to really separate enough to consider bagging all 3.

Even between Volt and Photon, actually, leads to more "hard" decisions that I really don't need to be making.

Last edited:
I picked up a Plasma Wave and boy oh boy did I forget how much I love that disc/plastic combo. Great disc for cold weather, as it can hold a straight line with only 75% power. It sits about halfway between my two US distance drivers that are normally in the bag, a Proton Wave and a Neutron Vanish. And that's great, because on days where I want to pare down distance driver a bit I can swap out my normal Wave/Vanish combo and just go with a single Plaz Wave. This disc will certainly be in the rotation for me. I could see it being useful for heavy wind days in particular as a tailwind bomber.

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Yeah that could be a really cool mold tweek that I can get behind there's a couple of things I wouldn mind something a little less stable. Defy comes to mind.. Could be interesting to see how it translates between molds and how the less dense outer rim will change discs..

Last edited:
Yeah that could be a really cool mold tweek that I can get behind there's a couple of things I wouldn mind something a little less stable. Defy comes to mind.. Could be interesting to see how it translates between molds and how the less dense outer rim will change discs..

Is it less dense? I was wondering if they found clear weighting agents, but I couldn't find any details about gyro-ness of the prism molds.

Is it less dense? I was wondering if they found clear weighting agents, but I couldn't find any details about gyro-ness of the prism molds.

I was wondering the same thing. Inquiring minds want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts