• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inertias started out a touch more stable than I wanted for that slot, but Insanity was good from the get go. Insanity / Wrath is my faster control combo, with Fireballs for utility.

Inertias are really good but I feel like they're more of a slightly understable to neutral workehorse than a dedicated turnover driver, especially for players with less distance.

Vanish is a fun disc too. Flies like an Insanity with more glide and less fade from what I've seen so far.

Inertias started out a touch more stable than I wanted for that slot, but Insanity was good from the get go.

Inertias are really good but I feel like they're more of a slightly understable to neutral workhorse than a dedicated turnover driver, especially for players with less distance.

This has been my experience as well (event for a 350-375' arm). I bag the Insanity because I want a tiny bit more turn in this slot in my bag

Inertias started out a touch more stable than I wanted for that slot, but Insanity was good from the get go. Insanity / Wrath is my faster control combo, with Fireballs for utility.

Inertias are really good but I feel like they're more of a slightly understable to neutral workehorse than a dedicated turnover driver, especially for players with less distance.

Vanish is a fun disc too. Flies like an Insanity with more glide and less fade from what I've seen so far.

Yep, Vanish is more of a true understable design than Insanity, which is basically an Inertia with a slightly lower wing.

How are the MVP bags? I'm in the market for a new bag and was considering trying their backpack. That or maybe another Gorilla Boy.

My grandmother got me a Beaker for Christmas and it's been great this far, though I haven't put it through very many rounds. Feels nice and sturdy, id imagine the backpack would be even better built

Sold a few with no issues and we know they stand behind the products warranty wise so nothing to lose. My buddy uses one of the smaller models i forget which one but has been very happy with it. Hear backpack fit might not be perfect for every body size but who knows.

Yea the backpack can be a tad uncomfortable. The little feet they attached to the bottom dig into my back...

...since you don't have love handles it may work better for you...:|

Although I haven't tried the bags myself, the backpack feet issue has been mentioned before, so it's something to consider. But like Brutus said, we all have different bodies so...

So get a Rebel. I love MVP and want to support them, but UPD makes the best and most comfortable bags.

Beaker - My 2 Cents

How are the MVP bags? I'm in the market for a new bag and was considering trying their backpack. That or maybe another Gorilla Boy.

Funny you should type that. I can't speak to the Voyager, though it looks like everything I could ever want in a backpack.

I prefer a shoulder strap so for me it came down to either a Spider Monkey or a Beaker. I went with the Beaker, due to brand loyalty. The Monkey looks to be more durable, but I'm currently carrying all MVP/Axiom, so I chose the Beaker.

So far, after about a month of heavy use, I am completely satisfied. It is relatively water resistant, handled snow/sleet/ice with ease, zippers seem durable enough, I really like the little ball feet on the bottom, and it has more than enough pocket space for my extras.

The only criticism I have is the claimed disc capacity. MVP claims 12-15 discs (which includes 2 in the front pocket and 2 more in the side pocket), and this is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. I only carry FWs, mids, and putters. I can fit 3 FWs, 4 mids, and 2 putters in the main compartment, plus one more putter in the front pouch. Since I only throw 4-5 of these regularly, it is not a problem for me, but might be an issue if you want to bag more discs and still have the side pocket for accessories.

Last edited:
So get a Rebel. I love MVP and want to support them, but UPD makes the best and most comfortable bags.

Thanks for the suggestion. The multiple slots going up the bag is an interesting idea compared to more typical layouts.

For a backpack the only dedicated disc golf bag I've used is the Hyzerbomb Flak, but I gave it to a friend when I wasn't golfing as much. I had a good opinion of that bag overall. Things I'd like to see done different would be thicker padding in the straps and a sewn in layer between the large storage compartment at the top and the disc storage area.

Funny you should type that. I can't speak to the Voyager, though it looks like everything I could ever want in a backpack.

I prefer a shoulder strap so for me it came down to either a Spider Monkey or a Beaker. I went with the Beaker, due to brand loyalty. The Monkey looks to be more durable, but I'm currently carrying all MVP/Axiom, so I chose the Beaker.

So far, after about a month of heavy use, I am completely satisfied. It is relatively water resistant, handled snow/sleet/ice with ease, zippers seem durable enough, I really like the little ball feet on the bottom, and it has more than enough pocket space for my extras.

The only criticism I have is the claimed disc capacity. MVP claims 12-15 discs (which includes 2 in the front pocket and 2 more in the side pocket), and this is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. I only carry FWs, mids, and putters. I can fit 3 FWs, 4 mids, and 2 putters in the main compartment, plus one more putter in the front pouch. Since I only throw 4-5 of these regularly, it is not a problem for me, but might be an issue if you want to bag more discs and still have the side pocket for accessories.

I may get both a small bag and a backpack. Typically for a casual solo round I bag 8 or less discs, but the small bags I have now don't have quite enough storage for 8 discs + water, snacks, camera etc. So I don't need a ton of disc capacity, but I do need a large water bottle holder + some extra pockets. Right now I use either an RDG Lizard or Discraft Weekender. So something about that capacity + extra storage space is all I want out of my small bag.

The Beaker looks similar to the Gorilla Boy bag I had, just a bit slimmer and lighter looking. That would fit the bill for most the rounds I play. The backpack is nice when doing fieldwork so I can carry more discs, tournaments, or playing the longer more demanding courses that call for a wider variety of shots. Most courses around here don't require much distance, so I don't carry many drivers, hence the small bags.

The GB bag I had used internal PVC pipes to create a box shape in the base so it didn't tip over. The Beaker doesn't appear to use anything like that. How well does it stand up in your experience? Description says rigid bottom, so I'm guessing there is an insert on the bottom?

Last edited:
...The GB bag I had used internal PVC pipes to create a box shape in the base so it didn't tip over. The Beaker doesn't appear to use anything like that. How well does it stand up in your experience? Description says rigid bottom, so I'm guessing there is an insert on the bottom?

Semi-rigid, bottom insert plus the 4 little legs = more than decent stability. Mine likes to lean a little forward (5-10 degrees from plumb) when on perfectly level ground, but it easily accommodates just about any incline without tipping over, with proper orientation. The design encourages stability.

The insulated drink holder is much larger than I require and will hold mega drinks with ease.

If you're only bagging 10 discs or less, then the main side pocket will hold most small/medium sized cameras/batteries and the smaller opposite side pocket will cover anything else.

I carry an Innova Deluxe as my field bag, but the Beaker gets everything else.

Last edited:
Are you saying that's what we're getting? Cause if so I am totally rocking an electron volt
If not then yes I totally hope that's what it's gonna be

Several new circuit type events too.

2017 MVP Circuit:
Player's Pack includes:
Particle – Putter in Neutron Plastic
Vector – Midrange Driver in Electron Plastic
Servo – Fairway Driver in Plasma Plastic

Winter Series:
Volt – Fairway Driver in Electron Plastic
Anode – Putter in Electron Plastic
MVP Drawstring Bag

MVP vs Axiom Series:
2017 MVP Player's Pack includes:
Vertex – Midrange in Neutron Plastic
Servo – Fairway Driver in Plasma Plastic
2017 Axiom Player's Pack includes:
Envy – Putter in Neutron Soft Plastic
Theory – Midrange Driver in Neutron Plastic
Crave – Fairway Driver in Plasma Plastic

Space Race:
2017 Player's Pack includes:
Vertex – Midrange in Neutron Plastic

And a 2 Disc Challenge

Starting with the Circuit Challenge the following Limited Edition 2017 Circuit Stamps will be available:
Octane – Plasma Plastic
Catalyst – Plasma Plastic
Insanity – Proton Plastic with Limited Watermelon Stamp
Atom – Proton Plastic
Teleport – Neutron Plastic
Relativity – Neutron Plastic

During the 2017 Winter Series the following Limited Edition Stamps will be available:
Theory – Proton Plastic with Limited Watermelon Stamp
Resistor – Proton Plastic (Limited 2016 Circuit Stamp)
Signal – Neutron Plastic (Limited 2016 Circuit Stamp)

They also mentioned mini Teslas

http://www.mvpcircuitevents.com/2017-players-packs/

Are you saying that's what we're getting? Cause if so I am totally rocking an electron volt
If not then yes I totally hope that's what it's gonna be

Those are the two discs that will be part of the Winter Circuit events. MVP is going hard this year with (I think) 6 different events, and TONS of new releases. Watermelon Insanity, Plasma Servo, Catalyst, and Octane, Electron Anode and Volt, plus four new molds. This is a good year for gyro, friends.

Those are the two discs that will be part of the Winter Circuit events. MVP is going hard this year with (I think) 6 different events, and TONS of new releases. Watermelon Insanity, Plasma Servo, Catalyst, and Octane, Electron Anode and Volt, plus four new molds. This is a good year for gyro, friends.

Don't forget Electron Vector in there too.

Snap, I thought that was a wish list. Well then.

I don't know how I feel about this yet. Wish the Axiom side actually introduced something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.