• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I hear that. I noticed last weekend (had a Volt in for the first time in a minute) that since I stopped bagging the Volt, until now, the Photon has improved my form in that sense, the spin sense. I'm noticing that I've sort of unconsciously adopted a Barry-esque "v" shaped pull, I'm WAY better at coming through close to my body, and it's giving me leverage-->spin that I was missing for a long time, and allowing for slower/more controlled/more old-man-body friendly form.

I'm excited about the Volt again, actually, and I think this might shift my current driver setup around some.

This was the first thing I noticed after a few days of throwing mostly gyro. My snap on ALL discs had greatly improved. It has added 25' to basically all my drivers. Which with my noodle arm means a solid 8% improvement.
I may have to get a Volt soon, as it is I do everything with my Relay except long open drives and spike hyzer duties. Including upshots, long or windy putts and wooded drives.

After my last few rounds I didn't pull any mids and any fairways. I go envy/proxy straight to the tesla/inertia. I don't know if I can all together ditch the crave but I can't remember the last time I threw it in a round. Anywho anyone else ditching mids and fairways? Feels wrong.

My bag goes Proxy/envy, then Axis/Vector, then 17mm class then 20mm class. The courses I play are mostly wooded/technical though. If I'm playing a more open course it's proxy/envy or max D most of the time lol. Proxy/envy just go so dang far that in the open field with no ceiling there's no need for mids or fairways. Axis/vector only get pulled out in the trees, and same goes for 17mm class unless there is a massive headwind, then it's resistor all day long.

After my last few rounds I didn't pull any mids and any fairways. I go envy/proxy straight to the tesla/inertia. I don't know if I can all together ditch the crave but I can't remember the last time I threw it in a round. Anywho anyone else ditching mids and fairways? Feels wrong.

I throw distance driver / putter for 90-95% of my throws. But I always play the same (home) course. When I go elsewhere, a greater variety is often needed.

Not really I mean it's not all wide open here but there are plenty of lines to be had. I agree there is a huge gap.

Fair enough. My flick discs go from Zone to PD so I can definitely understand. Faster putters really can cover a lot of ground.

Depends on the course for me. Yesterday I played a course with short technical and long open, so I mostly just threw Proxy/Envy and Vanish except for a few holes where I needed some skip I threw my Verdict and Crave. Most courses I play though, the Relay is my go to driver because the wooded holes are a little longer.

I feel that it could be space for a mold between octane and catalyst. But i have only threw both in cold weather (-2degrees )so i suspect that catalyst will be more hss when its warmer.

For reference i Threw it with a flat release 420 feet today. It was a slight tailwind.

I currently close to exclusively throw Anodes / Axis / Volt and can cover most of my shots. Volts are a key for me. Since they released the fission plastic I can cover most shots using 175 / 165 / 155. Axis just holds any line period (Yet unforgivable for bad throws as it holds any line). I have a mainly MVP bag with the exception of a Zone.

I am mainly posting to see if anyone else has had a negative experience with the new Electron Volts. I hope the ones in mass production are tougher then the ones at the circuit challenge. I've got deep gashes and throws that hit a tree with power deface the edge. Mine has became very understable and anything I hit seems to result in significant damage :wall:. The Electron Anode? Wonderful!

What's the deal with the black rim plastic being so weak? I've never had a premium plastic disc get beat up as quickly as this MVP Amp has. The rim has huge gouges in it so deep you can see the flight plate plastic coming through.

What's the deal with the black rim plastic being so weak? I've never had a premium plastic disc get beat up as quickly as this MVP Amp has. The rim has huge gouges in it so deep you can see the flight plate plastic coming through.

You should stop throwing it into razor blade fences. :p

In all seriousness, my experience is it is much, much better at holding up. Only time I e put serious damage on an mvp rim was hitting a shingle roof, but light sanding fixed that.

You should stop throwing it into razor blade fences. :p

In all seriousness, my experience is it is much, much better at holding up. Only time I e put serious damage on an mvp rim was hitting a shingle roof, but light sanding fixed that.

Agreed. I know others have had occasional bad experiences with the durability of the overmold, but all my MVP/Axiom discs have held up quite well compared to other premium plastic discs.

I want to see pics of this rim. I've heard others complain about them, but I can't say I remember seeing any pics of one really looking that bad.

I've had some rims that are for all intents and purposes just plain indestructible... I've also had some that got beat up kinda bad pretty quick. I've found that when it hits vertically on something such as a sidewalk/cart path/pavement, regardless of how hard it is thrown, it tends to get nicked up pretty bad if the OM is one of the weaker ones. It may just depend on the wing shape, in not really sure.

IMO overmold plastic handles tree hits very well but doesn't handle rock nearly as well. Lots of rock on some Texas courses so I've beat the hell out of some overmolds.

I feel that it could be space for a mold between octane and catalyst. But i have only threw both in cold weather (-2degrees )so i suspect that catalyst will be more hss when its warmer.

For reference i Threw it with a flat release 420 feet today. It was a slight tailwind.

Catalyst BOMBS

I think its longer than the Ballista which is similar but the slow forward fade of the Catalyst means a longer finish. Anyone thrown one against a Destiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.