• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Awsome stamp, can't wait to order some!

I too would like something lighter, but I'd prob order a few of the first batch anyway, just because I really want to try this disc.

5459734660_62073383da_z.jpg

5459758790_4b519245a0_z.jpg

5459766768_44c6252a9b_z.jpg

sexy

discspeed said:
Thanks to the wonderful folks @ MVP my tester Vectors are in the mail. I will be compelled to throw them as much as possible and report frequently. :p

Looks like some new plastic...So will the next run of Ions be super clear? That would be awesome!
We look forward to it discspeed!

As for the clear colors, we are using new colorants in our plastics so now they certainly are very bright and clear, very tasty looking. As for Ions in the new colors, the chances are yes, however we have a lot of Vectors to mold in the meantime. I would not expect them very soon yet.

How firm are the Vectors going to be? More like the Soft or more like the Medium Ions?

Please make it medium firm Ion firmness at least. Mids need to be thrown harder and since even my small finger strength is enough to bend the soft Ions too much on drives soft flex just won't work for drives with the Vector.

Nice stamp! Not what I thought it was going to be like, but it's definitely one of the best stamps I've seen.

hopefully they figured out how to set the stamp a bit more shallow, so it can be removed if one were so inclined.

I wish this would be a little more Buzzz-like, since I just got into Pains. I'm looking forward to seeing what these are like a little bit beat in, but that definitely didn't happen quickly with Ions. It took all Summer with a lot of playing before I saw even one of them begin to lose stability.

Apothecary said:
hopefully they figured out how to set the stamp a bit more shallow, so it can be removed if one were so inclined.
Or you could figure out how to order blanks, since they said they'll offer them as well.

It is a novel stamp. A welcome breath of fresh air from the many cartoony stamps that we usually see. I think it should have been Tron Guy getting his disc golf on though.

While I oppose curved vectors on principle, I do like the stamp. Great job Zam.

The mail is taking longer than usual today, probably due to the holiday yesterday. I sure hope to get my Vectors!

I just got two 177 Vectors on my doorstep (thanks mailman for not shoving in the box :idea: )!!! My first impression is that they are a lot lower profile than they look in the pics. The bead reminds me of the bottom of the Fuse...It is smooth and round and doesn't really feel like a bead in the hand like a Roc or other beaded mid does. Overall it feels much more like a Fuse/Buzzz in the hand than a deeper Roc/Shark. The wing profile looks pretty darn stable to me...It's a bit more concave than looks in the pics as well. Alright, I'm off to the course!!! :D

discspeed said:
I just got two 177 Vectors on my doorstep (thanks mailman for not shoving in the box :idea: )!!! My first impression is that they are a lot lower profile than they look in the pics. The bead reminds me of the bottom of the Fuse...It is smooth and round and doesn't really feel like a bead in the hand like a Roc or other beaded mid does. Overall it feels much more like a Fuse/Buzzz in the hand than a deeper Roc/Shark. The wing profile looks pretty darn stable to me...It's a bit more concave than looks in the pics as well. Alright, I'm off to the course!!! :D

Sounds good so far! :D I kinda worried it would be too deep for comfort :) Looking forward to the first real test report!

I have no time for a review at the moment, I'll post more tonight after work, but let's just say it's better than expected (my expectations were pretty high, but again I thought it was going to be more like a Roc). :thumbup: It has the speed and feel of a Buzzz out of the hand, but the stability and flight behavior (early, glidey, forward dominant fade) of a new Rancho. It actually glides a little better than either the Buzzz or the Roc and also felt marginally faster (like Hornet speed). I was throwing it farther than I've ever thrown a stable mid (360' hyzers). You can throw it on low line drives like a Buzzz, or do floaty nose up stall shots like a Roc. It also holds a line out of the hand like a Buzzz (does not resist turning as much as a Roc when thrown with a touch of anny), but always flexes out. This made it very versatile and easy to use at a variety of speeds. I could not flip it no matter how hard I threw it, and it almost seemed to fly more stable with more spin. Despite this it was easy to throw relatively straight on shorter shots...In other words, it's pretty damn true stable. I want to continue, but I'm going to be late to work...I'll add too this later tonight. 8)

discspeed said:
I could not flip it no matter how hard I threw it, and it almost seemed to fly more stable with more spin.
Stable as in straight of stable as in overstable? If the former -> "Well duh...", if the latter -> "Hmmm..."

But it's sounding pretty darn sweet at the moment, can't wait until they hit the shelves here.

Latest posts