• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the review!

I was pretty shocked to get a package from MVP today...Contents included a 171g Neutron Anode and a 175 pale yellow Neutron Anode.

These discs feel incredible...Similar to the N Ions, but I'm really biased now towards the beadless Anodes. I took them down to the park to throw (where I had to keep my discs away from an Alligator nest with a momma gator on guard). Upon my first few throws I was overcome with OCD thoughts like "I'm completely switching to N Anodes, I don't want to throw anything else". I haven't had an attack quite like this in a while, but the damn things flew that well. I had a S and normal proton Anode for comparison as well as my N Ions. The N Anodes were clearly faster and longer than my others with the same effort. They were also very true in terms of stability. The yellow had a touch of high speed turn before locking online and holding to the ground. The LSS is almost non-existent...To get any fade I had to start the shot with hyzer, even then it flew very straight with a hyzer lean. The pink one seemed to have slightly more LSS, but this may have been because it liked to fly a little higher giving it more chance to fade. The discs cut the wind better than the protons as well. Compared to the N Ions, which are about as fast as my P Anodes, the N Anodes are faster and drop slower at the end of the flight.

These look, feel, and fly great...now I have more older MVP discs to gather dust because these are in the bag.

Very cool! Looking forward to getting them airborne.

False. I want to get a first run Neutron Vector ASAP

there are no first run..

you will not be able to tell the difference between the first runs and the runs that will be made a year or 2 years from now.

MVP makes consistency.

Any news on the Axis & Vector? I'm hoping we have to wait a little bit..

No news but with how quick the anode followed the Ion I doubt it'll take too long. I'm pumped for Neutron Axis quite a bit.

I'm hoping the Volt and neuteon mids come out by winter. Bright pink opaque discs are great for the snow. Depending on how the Volt is stability wise I also wanna give an all MVP bag a shot just for fun. Volt is gonnahave to be damned good to replace my OLFs though. Nothing I throw has been in my bag even half as long as OLFs...literally.

I agree. I have more birdies from diving my OLF than any other disc I have ever thrown. The Volt would have to be something real special... or I run out of OLFs and can't find 1.1s or 1.2s.

Lol, I do too. I am just a little nervous because of the way the 1.3 SOLFs turned out. That is why I am keeping my eye out for discs like the Volt and Saint.

there are no first run..

you will not be able to tell the difference between the first runs and the runs that will be made a year or 2 years from now.

MVP makes consistency.

Aaaaaaaactually, the FR Proton Vectors are noticeably more stable than later runs. Whether or not that same kind of run tweaking takes place with the Neutron remains to be seen.

But to be sure--MVP is crazy consistent.

No news but with how quick the anode followed the Ion I doubt it'll take too long. I'm pumped for Neutron Axis quite a bit.

I'm hoping the Volt and neuteon mids come out by winter. Bright pink opaque discs are great for the snow. Depending on how the Volt is stability wise I also wanna give an all MVP bag a shot just for fun. Volt is gonnahave to be damned good to replace my OLFs though. Nothing I throw has been in my bag even half as long as OLFs...literally.

Ditto on the all MVP bag. I am hoping to be able to do that in my first tournament, but that of course depends on the Volt release date. Would be really cool to throw an all Neutron MVP bag. Definately looking forward to comparing the Neutron Anode and mids with the Proton versions. Might miss my normal drivers but if the Volt is out I'm going to use it for the tourney and take my lumps just for the heck of it.

Lol, I do too. I am just a little nervous because of the way the 1.3 SOLFs turned out. That is why I am keeping my eye out for discs like the Volt and Saint.

This. The 1.3 run is disappointing. And I don't have the funds to buy a lot of backup OLF's. I have yet to find a driver that feels as natural in my hand. I'm going to give the volt a shot, but as soon as I have some money I may grab a Saint.

^^great to hear! I hope the neutron plastic is dominant enough to replace my protons!

I love my neutron ion, but it hasn't replaced my soft ion for everything. Putting inside the circle I still use the soft. For driving, approach and putting outside the circle I use the neutron.

False. I want to get a first run Neutron Vector ASAP

They won't do FR's.. They need to crank out a Volt before winter though.. The Axis and Vector will be here in fall time hopefully along with the Volt. I don't like playing in the winter much.

MVP said: "With quality and consistency being our #1 objective". To me, without any doubt, it should be #1 objective for any disc makers! So far I am very pleased with MVP progress (yeah kinda slow but doing right things to maintain that #1 objective is far much more important).

I currently use PD for "control distance driver" and I am bit frustrated with some of the inconsistencies. I had one yellow 160g S-PD that has Firebird stability (higher PLH) (it was nice but I took it out because if I lose it, then I won't be able to find (or hard to) another PD like this) and I stick with XXX instead. I have a seasoned white 166g S-PD that is quite sweet (like a faster new DX Teebird with predictable fade at end) which I really like but it is only one I have right now as I have other S-PD's (the orange ones 167 to 172) which are quite more stable and even with some seasoning, one of orange one has not arrived to similar stability as the white one. In short, I would do anything to find that white S-PD if it gets lost somewhere.

I see recent comments about some OLF throwers not pleased with 1.3 run.

Other inconsistencies I have encountered is flight plate. I like bit soft-medium flight plate. I have OLFs where some OLF have really stiff hard flight plate and other OLFs have medium flight plate. Ditto with PD, the white S-PD flight plate is soft-medium which I really like and the yellow one is bit stiff and the orange ones are more like medium.

Man, I cannot wait for Volt and I am sure it will address all of the concerns/issues I have with PD/OLF (as well many other discs that are not MVP). I think I would get the lightest one (168), the medium-weight one (171-172) and the heaviest (175) to cover decent range of stabilities. Then add new Volt of same weight when one gets really seasoned well (would take time). I hope colors would not make any difference in stability. (I had GL Flows that are quite different in stabilities based on color).

Also Anodes blow my mind with how dead straight and neutral they fly while still being able to fight moderate headwinds off the tee. I have never seen any other putter act like that.

This amazes me as well. The Anode has become my favorite MVP disc.

I read that the neutron anode is faster. Is there more fade on the neutron anode putting with it?

Since it is quicker it will stall more when thrown with the nose up or if started with hyzer, but on flat shots it has less LSS than my soft Anodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts