• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Am I correct that the Plasma Anode is no longer in production? Of the three electrons I tried during last years strong wind season, it was the Anode I liked straight in putting, but too floaty, just as with the proxy and ion.

Regardless, I now have a happy bag with 6 putters, at this time taking only 4 with me. Having a practice basket the past 3 months, I now feel I can use any of them in C1 in idea conditions. Their all in the 170-174g range.

Plasma Envy a year in the bag can use putting up to 25 mph wind and approaches. Putted an 85-footer on a crosswind last season.

Eclipse Envy since January reliable putting up to a light wind. In the bag for wooded courses for approaches, can turn it.

Plasma Entropy the most reliable for approaches, primarily for fades, my crutch if I'm sucking with the other putter approaches. Always in the bag since April. I know I can putt up to 25 mph, don't know the ceiling yet.

Eclipse Proxy late July in the bag for the woods, straight approaches with beautiful glide. Using it to putt 80 feet and out, recently dropped one at 99 feet.

Plasma Proxy less than a month, does just as well in wind putting as the Plasma Envy. Still working on being more consistent on straight in approaches, love the Glide.

Plasma Nomad the best putter I've had in the bag, always in the bag the past three months. Using it for putting 40-80 feet out, have dropped several in the 60-80 foot range, longest 82-feet. A few of the more entertaining putts.

Left photo Nomad I've wanted this birdie for along time. After another tree hit 76-feet.

Middle photo its a death putt, lost an aviar three years ago when I couldn't find it in the water.

Right photo 15-20 mph cross wind l to r helped avoid branches in front of me, and overhang guardians in front of basket.

Attachments

• 20230707_085358.jpg
    20230707_085358.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230707_085619.jpg
    20230707_085619.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230823_095939.jpg
    20230823_095939.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Played Aragon near St Augustine this morning. Had been wondering whether the Hokom Crave still had a spot in the bag. Not wondering anymore. Such an easy disc to place with confidence around trees, large shrubs, mandos, whatever at 240-260. Joined up with a couple locals, one of whom putted turbo. Now a second degree connection to Florida royalty as he learned the game from JohnE.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Plasma anode got OOP with the Plasma ion. I did see a few copper coloured ones on ebay for a reasonable price though.

I'd sure like to find an electron Entropy at 169g but i still have my SE 167 neutron. Still waiting on my tempo to show up in the mail to try them against each other

Gotcha, well if electron envys are out and assuming straighter means less fade.... the OTB soft proton ohm is groovy and so is the soft proton OTB envy... both hard to get I imagine. I've got one of each. The proxy will give you more plastic options but I prefer ohms. I harbour an irrational dislike of the proxy so I'm a little biased.
I have a Neutron Ohm. It's a bit deep for my little hands. I've played around with quite a few putters lately, and I could easily putt full-time with Atoms, Proxys, Envys, or Discmania Logics. All feel fairly similar, and even the Electron Envy breaks in to fly pretty similarly within 35'.

I grabbed a 173g Watt at the shop cuz I was curious. Noticeably less stable than the Ohm, top of the rim is a bit more rounded as well. Feels like an Ohm in hand and glides great. Won't be kicking the Ohm out of my bag since it's not as FH friendly.

Also got a 171g CN Wave. Parting line is much higher than any Wave I compared it to and it's definitely OS for a Wave. Worked it out pretty well on a fairly wooded and rocky course. Love it for FH, probably flies about -1.25/2.5 at 350ish ft. Nice and stable for BH at about 330, even decent in a headwind.

Gotta complain about the durability of the overmold on the CN Wave though. Pretty beat up after one round with a few tree and rock impacts. I don't have the same issues with gyro mids and putters and most of my other Waves in various plastics. Definitely get an occasional dud with gyro driver durability though, this isn't the first time it was noticable. Gonna keep throwing it and see how the stability holds up.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Plasma anode got OOP with the Plasma ion. I did see a few copper coloured ones on ebay for a reasonable price though.

I'd sure like to find an electron Entropy at 169g but i still have my SE 167 neutron. Still waiting on my tempo to show up in the mail to try them against each other
Bummer, I spent some time explaining how I found these disc through the "Disc Golf Experience" a Plasma Tangent 177g and a Plasma Anode 174g but the information I was sharing got kick out or didn't post. outstanding customer service by the owner Mike. I had Made changes on a phone call. if anyone's interested I'll explain the process later.

Attachments

• Resized_20230926_122543.jpeg
    Resized_20230926_122543.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 0
Good score. Kismet twinsies.. I got a gold plasma tangent and I gave my buddy Acin a heads up and he snagged a blue one just like yours. I grabbed goldie so I could hold it for a buddy in need haha. I'm also holding a glow champ cobra for Mawsdley. I always thought it was cool a few dudes holding LVDGC crystal meteors for my buddy J Sam's especially when he needed a few back. Also shot a Guru Glen Whitler to a guy that was getting lessons from him...But that ain't no gyro.

Got a tempo, first flight is cool, goes as expected and fills a slightly more os envy role.but more on the fade side. Very workable, very puttable. Don't know if it's baggage. Haha bag able. A lot straighter than I expected, fits in there nicely between an envy and Entropy.

Last edited:
I've had the Plasma Tangent 177g, and Plasma Anode 174g for a few days, and both a totally different plasma and grip, nothing like the other Plasma's in my bag. Reminds me of a Buzz on the grip when I had one. Done some practice putting in the yard, and best with a slower putting speed to keep from splashing chains or polling out. Took the Anode with me yesterday as a 2nd putter after my Plasma Nomad, and like what I felt and saw a heavier feel on the putting, very little wind, that will be up next with stronger wind. The Tangent I will take with me on Friday for 2nd putts.

I threw the Anode as a 2nd approach putter cold turkey a few times, turned and burned on me both times, no worries not the first time with new putters and mid's. Decided tomorrow's practice field will be with the Anode and Tangent and see if I can figure it out.

I think I found my Neutron Orbital 159g and a better weight for me after spending three months with a 168g that would stall out or just didn't have the consistent turn and distance. When I brought a Neutron Virus 167g back in the bag and found that it was out distancing the Orbital 168g and more consistent, it was time to cut loose the 168g, the timing was perfect the lower weights were now available, so I jumped on the 159g now having it the past 3-4 weeks. What blows my mind the 159g can be a good headwind disc, not consistent though. I noticed on the practice field it seems to be longer than my Star Destroyers, so on the course last week, I threw it behind a Star Destroyer a few times, and yep both times 15-20 mph headwind about 10-20 feet further out. Next time we have some worthwhile wind for the practice field, I'll take both of them and see if the results are consistent. On the downwind side the 159g has been back and forth with a Star Mamba on distance, now in the bag for 3 1/2 years. The 159g more stable on the turn and better targeting results compared to a Mamba. If I can be consistent with the 159g on the distance, I may be convinced to cut loose the Mamba's something I never thought I would do after I started flipping my bag a year ago June. In the meantime, I'll order a backup 159g, and keep my eyes peeled for the bottom weight 155g.

Anyone want to trade for a time lapse? 😄
View attachment 320410
Not me, mine will be on a leash, no death putts, no death approaches, and no throwing into layers of leaves coming in about a month. The Tangent putts!!, with glide. Straight in and can feel that weight. In two rounds today a two-putt, but got it back on a 40-footer, and two putts above my head in C1 about 20 feet out. Love the glide during field work yesterday, two standstills today on the course the first eh, the second parked short.

The Plasma Anode putts good. Approaches on the practice field three-step turning and rolling, better with the x-step, ok on a standstill. It will be a work in progress.

Yesterday for the first time I saw a Neutron Rhythm 163g Stock at PIAS and grabbed it. The lightest MVP/Axiom disc putter to 9-speed I've had, a few discs at 167g. Threw it once as a second disc on the course behind a Plasma Insanity 170g and fading out 10 feet passed it, hmmm. So, I decided to stop on the practice field on the way home the curiosity was killing me, with it Neutron Rhythm 167g SE had it since January mostly flies S Curve, and a Neutron Virus 167g I've had for about a month can turn it with ending fade. After a few back and Forths started to outdistance the SE half the time, and every time over the Virus except once. And as always there were some dud throws. There was a 10 mph crosswind and did well into the crosswind with fading skip. Also very flippy, where the distance was coming from. I normally spend no more than 30 minutes on the field, but I was having fun with all three discs and spent 45 mins.

The time-lapse SE has a shoulder, no thank you, I only throw flat or close to flat 12 speed and up. The stock run supposed to be flatter. I'll wait until I see them on OTB to pick the weight and flatness. I hope it's a good headwind disc for me.

Not me, mine will be on a leash, no death putts, no death approaches, and no throwing into layers of leaves coming in about a month. The Tangent putts!!, with glide. Straight in and can feel that weight. In two rounds today a two-putt, but got it back on a 40-footer, and two putts above my head in C1 about 20 feet out. Love the glide during field work yesterday, two standstills today on the course the first eh, the second parked short.

The Plasma Anode putts good. Approaches on the practice field three-step turning and rolling, better with the x-step, ok on a standstill. It will be a work in progress.

Yesterday for the first time I saw a Neutron Rhythm 163g Stock at PIAS and grabbed it. The lightest MVP/Axiom disc putter to 9-speed I've had, a few discs at 167g. Threw it once as a second disc on the course behind a Plasma Insanity 170g and fading out 10 feet passed it, hmmm. So, I decided to stop on the practice field on the way home the curiosity was killing me, with it Neutron Rhythm 167g SE had it since January mostly flies S Curve, and a Neutron Virus 167g I've had for about a month can turn it with ending fade. After a few back and Forths started to outdistance the SE half the time, and every time over the Virus except once. And as always there were some dud throws. There was a 10 mph crosswind and did well into the crosswind with fading skip. Also very flippy, where the distance was coming from. I normally spend no more than 30 minutes on the field, but I was having fun with all three discs and spent 45 mins.

The time-lapse SE has a shoulder, no thank you, I only throw flat or close to flat 12 speed and up. The stock run supposed to be flatter. I'll wait until I see them on OTB to pick the weight and flatness. I hope it's a good headwind disc for me.
Yeah tangents are solid, the precursor to the envy for me.

Are your rhythm both flat?
Got any of em heavy?
How far did the new one go?

It doesn't seem to matter about flatness.... plh is a bigger determining factor, I think. My domey have all been less stable and the flats have started out more tight s. 155 fizz to 172 N seems to be my jam.

I hope you have fun exploring the rhythm more... I'm glad the Orbital is working out for you, I found them to be fickle but I only had FRs. I hear the new ones are more stable. I threw the craziest 3 turn flip this one time on a steep downhill with my 155 orbital hyzer to anny to fade, probably 450', never got close to that again.

Last edited:
I've had a number of different Orbitals over the years and I find the all to be....crotchety. Usually they are understable, some times nice floaty ones and other are massive cut rollers. Sometimes it will do the perfect hyzer-flip for massive distance. Just when I think I have the turnover/flip dialed it, BOOM, Orbital is a beefy turd going ob over the road. #$@$%.

I'm sure I'm about 50% of the equation, but the disc is at least that if not more!

Yeah tangents are solid, the precursor to the envy for me.

Are your rhythm both flat?
Got any of em heavy?
How far did the new one go?
Yes, both are flat. I'm finding that flat MVP/AXIOM discs are more agreeable for me. I had a heavier backup SE 172g sitting in the box for the past 8 months, never use it, the SE 167g is always straight down the fairway never a problem to find, its pink. I took it with me to PIAS and traded it for the new 163g just a few days ago, what a coincidence. Both SE's are stiff! The age thing is catching up to me, and I've had thoughts of dropping weight on all discs as I lose them or a trade old for new when I see them in a disc store. I've already done it with the Virus from a 171g to 167g and have picked up distance. Coming off the course playing two rounds, a little tired I threw mostly nice and easy around 240-250 feet just wanting to get a feel for the new 163g. At the end a few times more push 255-260 but spraying it. Into the cross wind just a little less. It's flippy with that 163g weight, I can feel it through the form, and as I get the hang of it, I expect more from it, and should be able to turn it with ending fade, not the fade away I saw a few times yesterday. Next time on the practice field I'll do some x-stepping for use in heavy woods, which I can't use with the SE 167g to wide of an S curve.
It doesn't seem to matter about flatness.... plh is a bigger determining factor, I think. My domey have all been less stable and the flats have started out more tight s. 155 fizz to 172 N seems to be my jam.

I hope you have fun exploring the rhythm more... I'm glad the Orbital is working out for you, I found them to be fickle but I only had FRs. I hear the new ones are more stable. I threw the craziest 3 turn flip this one time on a steep downhill with my 155 orbital hyzer to anny to fade, probably 450', never got close to that again.

Yes, from that first MVP disc I picked up Orbital SE 18 months ago, and then a second one when I lost it. The three Stock Orbitals this year 168g, 161g lost it, and now the 159g all stable and stiff. I look forward to the wind picking up 25-35 mph a stable 159g on a turn could boot out my Star Mamba. Maybe the next Orbital release will include 155g, I'm not finding them anywhere. Not even a month yet, a solid disc with wind involved. A nice x-step disc in the woods for gaps. Without wind, better to use the Wave's.

Got two watts inbound. The numbers make it sound like something I could end up preferring to the Proxy. Excited to see how they fly and if they'll compete for a spot in my bag.

MVP makes a lot of good neutral driving putters but I only need one mold. With how long I've been throwing proxies I have flippy beat in ones, straight ones and slightly overstable eclipse runs. Gonna take something special to dethrone them. Maybe the Watt is just that, maybe not. We'll see.

Friday night mail opened in the basement. 3 out of 3 discs received without being intercepted. Time for a pumpkin ale. Got my Commercial grade antifoul paint too.

JC is showing some love but me... I support proxy hate and Orbital dissention. Haha.
2023-10-0619.26.008319120439331348472.jpg

The upper inner rim. Part of the round finger conspiracy, it was supposed to be the same inner rim as the envy but it isn't. It's a lie by deep state. They even got Simon, proxy/anode. He's in deep man. You can't trust him. I bet the time lapse is beveled too. The switch tried to snitch so the oop'd its ass.

I dumped all my tainted gyro one night when a very large, hairy, and burly man, named Shandor snuck up on his electric bike wearing a leather old school biker helmet (1920s style) accosted chubby hairless naked me in my hot tub to sell him gyro. I dumped that FR plasma proxy and FR 155 162g neutron orbitals right there, as well as a 170g theory (because I'm not a total dick).

Oddly enough or maybe not, true story. I pay him tribute in Saki every time we meet in the liquor store for finishing the concrete floor in my garage until 2 am. A friend saw I was in trouble and texted the secret phone number which luckily had minutes that day.

If you're in trouble, and you can find him, maybe you can hire the A team.

Crazy sunavabitch swims island to island for a fundraiser every year. And not just one, all 5.

Now just imagine again, you have a beer, on your 14acre property, relaxing, at night, in a hot tub, around the back of your house, naked... and all of a sudden...

HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY MAN YOU NEED TO SELL ME SOME OF THOSE MVP DISCS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: