• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Does anyone know if the 2023 DGLO Champion Waves are similar in stability to the normal Neutron Waves? I snagged a pretty flat DGLO one, and it's significantly more stable than the numbers would suggest. If I want flippy, is there something I should be looking for? More dome? Different run?
I've never seen a domey neutron wave and I've seen at least a few dozen at PIAS all flat. I always keep one in my bag for wooded courses, and now on number three. A month ago PIAS had about a dozen of the DGLO, every single one was flat, very stiff, and all weight in the 170'sg. I couldn't help but wonder how long they would take to break in. My first one stiff took about 6 months to break in and did it ever fly thru the trees. Two weeks ago I lost my 2nd, didn't have it long enough to break in.

I went back to PIAS, and they had a few stock Neutron Waves 166g and a 169g both flippy, the 166g really flippy, easy choice compared to the DGLO that were still there. The 166g first practice session just flat out flies!, if you scroll up it's the pink disc I posted last week. Since you're looking for flippy, perhaps search out a stock neutron in the 160's. I've noticed the same with the Plasma Wave 163g immediately flippy compared to others heavier. Lost it as well, patiently waiting for the Plasma to be in production again. It was a great summer in the woods both a flippy neutron and Plasma.

I've never seen a domey neutron wave and I've seen at least a few dozen at PIAS all flat. I always keep one in my bag for wooded courses, and now on number three. A month ago PIAS had about a dozen of the DGLO, every single one was flat, very stiff, and all weight in the 170'sg. I couldn't help but wonder how long they would take to break in. My first one stiff took about 6 months to break in and did it ever fly thru the trees. Two weeks ago I lost my 2nd, didn't have it long enough to break in.

I went back to PIAS, and they had a few stock Neutron Waves 166g and a 169g both flippy, the 166g really flippy, easy choice compared to the DGLO that were still there. The 166g first practice session just flat out flies!, if you scroll up it's the pink disc I posted last week. Since you're looking for flippy, perhaps search out a stock neutron in the 160's. I've noticed the same with the Plasma Wave 163g immediately flippy compared to others heavier. Lost it as well, patiently waiting for the Plasma to be in production again. It was a great summer in the woods both a flippy neutron and Plasma.
I'll let you know how long the DGLO one I got takes to break in 😁 I'm probably not gonna bag it in competition until I know it better, but that's the benefit of having it so early in the off season...

You caught me at a good time. I'm getting ready to throw my stock right now

Attachments

• 20240103_092721.jpg
    20240103_092721.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Anyone want to talk about how awesome a rhythm and tesla are? Or lots of rhythms.... haha.

I should probably pull out a wave or octane but I've never had so little desire to stray. I did get a sweet yellow 150 something fission small Orbit stamp tesla from some gyropalooza leftover... and it's frigging awesome!!!!! Got 4 or 5 at that weight and I found a unicorn, not too different from the others but just enough you know?!? a little more turn and stretch (gyro push whatever), a solid complement to the rhythm platoon. Little overlap but a more reliable finish. Frigging butter.

Anyone want to talk about how awesome a rhythm and tesla are? Or lots of rhythms.... haha.

I should probably pull out a wave or octane but I've never had so little desire to stray. I did get a sweet yellow 150 something fission small Orbit stamp tesla from some gyropalooza leftover... and it's frigging awesome!!!!! Got 4 or 5 at that weight and I found a unicorn, not too different from the others but just enough you know?!? a little more turn and stretch (gyro push whatever), a solid complement to the rhythm platoon. Little overlap but a more reliable finish. Frigging butter.
I have several thoughts from the one year flipping the bag over, but it will be a little long, I'll have to come back. It's time to go get my beauty sleep. The theme will be hits and misses.

I have never tried the Rhythm because it just seems like it can't do anything a Crave can't lol. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe a new Rhythm is more like an older Crave, and I can use them so Im always throwing sick looking new Axiom plastic at all times.

I have never tried the Rhythm because it just seems like it can't do anything a Crave can't lol. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe a new Rhythm is more like an older Crave, and I can use them so Im always throwing sick looking new Axiom plastic at all times.
Honestly if you're happy with the Crave I'd say stick with it, the rhythm is somewhat interchangeable. All the craves I had were on the beefy side. I went relay for quite a while, but the Rhythm gives me a few more feet and a little better control, more flip and a little more fade if I want it, depending on which one I am throwing. I have three or four flavors of rhythm, real flippy, kind of Flippy and heavy, flat and straight, flat beefy and heavy

Last edited:
I threw my buddy's Rhythm and Crave a few times - loved them both. Rhythm was a little longer and straighter, while Crave had a slight left fade at the end. Bought both, and my Crave is about the same as his was, but I struggle with my Rhythm. It seems hardly longer than my Crave, and less consistent with the aim. I know it is a me thing, because my son threw it some, and got nice straight distance with it. Ugh. I really want my Rhythm to fly nice for me, like my buddy's did. Maybe it just needs to get beat in some more? My son might bag it - if so, he can beat it in for me.

Got a time lapse last night and it's suuuper domey. It's a yellow one which is supposed to be more stable than most colors so I'm optimistic, but the feel is a little funky.

I threw my buddy's Rhythm and Crave a few times - loved them both. Rhythm was a little longer and straighter, while Crave had a slight left fade at the end. Bought both, and my Crave is about the same as his was, but I struggle with my Rhythm. It seems hardly longer than my Crave, and less consistent with the aim. I know it is a me thing, because my son threw it some, and got nice straight distance with it. Ugh. I really want my Rhythm to fly nice for me, like my buddy's did. Maybe it just needs to get beat in some more? My son might bag it - if so, he can beat it in for me.
Haha nice! I just have never really leaned on the fairway drivers below 9 speed very much. The Crave is workable enough to do anything that I don't want to throw a mid or 9+ speed on, but I don't have a very granular bag. I like to throw the same discs different ways.

With that said my bag tends to be more understable than most because I live in CO, so its possible Id like a Rhythm more than a Crave.

Haha nice! I just have never really leaned on the fairway drivers below 9 speed very much. The Crave is workable enough to do anything that I don't want to throw a mid or 9+ speed on, but I don't have a very granular bag. I like to throw the same discs different ways.

With that said my bag tends to be more understable than most because I live in CO, so its possible Id like a Rhythm more than a Crave.
Yeah I always packed something slow I like the tweeners, i usually pack one. rately two. The stalker was solid, I've been kinda looking for that in the mvp line but I'm happy with their extra far mids. I like something I can power down, lots of time as a kid with a driver playing with the one disc I owned haha, I can make a neutral driver do some tricks.

The rhythm has ticked a lot of boxes for me. The turn and fade is solid, but not too much of either with some good glide. I used to love the switch for that, these are better, a little less finicky on the almost flat angles. Sometimes it turns more than I think but rides back, sometimes it doesn't turn enough but rides a stalling hyzer fade. Usually close enough to where I want it. I can use it for pitch in hyzer get outta jail shots even at 100'.

Tesla is arguably one of MVP's best discs.

Got a time lapse last night and it's suuuper domey. It's a yellow one which is supposed to be more stable than most colors so I'm optimistic, but the feel is a little funky.
Rim color, not plate color.
Gotta watch the rim colors.

Mine is practically unthrowable. but its a lab second, so I give it a slight pass.

But I have bricks that fly further.

So I make another visit to PIAS this morning to pick up another Neutron Wave 166g pink!, I lost mine yesterday in leaves dark red. I now have 9 putters.

I see this 2017 Electron Anode in the used bin, it's warped badly back it goes.

I see another gyro sticking up, pull it and my eyes pop out. A Plasma Ion 168g and knew the moment I saw it OOP for $9, grabbed it. Just came back from the park a few nice turn-fades, mostly a gentle turn on other throws will get it worked out.

I now have three OOP putters Plasma Anode 174g, and Plasma Tangent 177g. Love the Tangent, the Anode still a work in progress. I've had them almost 4 months.
Nice, first run plasma anode.

Yeah you're right... I've been thinking about that all day. Prism just ain't right, it's pandering to the non gyro crowd. I got one of them whales but they sound goofy. I just haven't gotten around to throwing it... meh the hex is a longer envy. I love it but I'm at the point in my life where I will take fairway placement over 10yds. (Panderingbhaaha, I don't know how far that is, let's just say 10m or 30ft, yards are fx'xxd) so is censoring myself, this place is suddenly too free.

Meh where's my beer?

Oh yeah hexs are awesome, flippy sounds terrible, thanks for the heads up. I know what my buddy is getting for Christmas.

Prism is still gyro. It's just a proton rim.

Theoretically would be more durable.

I've not found many of the to really feel good in the hand or fly great except the prism insanity. Which that one was a weird flyer.

Prism is still gyro. It's just a proton rim.

Theoretically would be more durable.

I've not found many of the to really feel good in the hand or fly great except the prism insanity. Which that one was a weird flyer.
Yeah I'm not sure how much gyro is still there with the proton rim. If you had a Prism proton insanity you would have proton rim on a proton plate.

I can tell you the prism envy is wonky.

Yeah I'm not sure how much gyro is still there with the proton rim. If you had a Prism proton insanity you would have proton rim on a proton plate.

I can tell you the prism envy is wonky.
The core plate is the same.
So if the disc is 170 class, its def a gyro rim.

All it really means is that there is weight compound in the rim, which there is.

And yeah, I'll agree with you on the Prism Envy being weird. I tried to like it, didn't Gel with me. Didn't much care for the fission envy either. I gave the fission envy extra time, and.. It's just the newer fission. Doesn't do it for me in the putters. I don't mind it on faster discs. but... just the putter looses all its feel with the new fission.

To bad we never got OG fission putters.
If they are out there, brad and chad got em stashed somewhere.