• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Yeah I'm kinda curious about the bag transition as well. I know very little about his DM bag and I'm a little concerned about his C2 and longshot putting. IME MVP doesn't float quite the same in the understable department. The Spin is great but it doesn't grab enough air up short, the glitch grabs air but doesn't have the same shaping ability, the anode is straight to a fade. I think he has the best 3 options for him if neutral is his thing.... But I think the putter and DD will be his first order of business in the custom disc line. Some kind of hybrid of those three with a feel he can get behind. (I'm basing this all off someone saying P1X somewhere :) )

Maybe there'll be fission Spins or heavy glitches coming, maybe? Haha.

Simon traditionally puts a lot of spin on his putts so I think he'll get the hang of the gyro putters quickly. The high lob dad putt he's been doing on C2 putts with OB behind might be a rough transition though.

Simon traditionally puts a lot of spin on his putts so I think he'll get the hang of the gyro putters quickly. The high lob dad putt he's been doing on C2 putts with OB behind might be a rough transition though.

Let dad use an electron Pilot for c2.

Marquee_FissionEnvySE.jpg

Newsletter is out, glow Hex's are planned to be heavy 174g+, electron Terra's, and fission Envy!! Down as low as 150g.

If you thought the glitch was all right but not all that, wait til you get your hands on a 150g Envy! ( :D I assume..) Art from DoubleRam design (Michael R.)

I see a bag rework in my future......

Been relying on a plasma ion for my go to throwing putter forever. Ions are oop in plasma and I hate having an oop disc be so important to my game. I thought about switching to envies....talked about it, asked a bunch of questions on here, just haven't done it. Well. This might be the year. I think I could really get into a fission putter. And there's plenty of other plastic options as well in that mold.

But I absolutely love my Ion .....

R2 Ions are still prevalent. They feel like plasma to me.

And Ions and Envies are both great... but they don't feel the same and they don't fly the same... (to me).

(I'm team Envy FYI. Cycle some electrons and the occasional Eclipse...)

R2 Ions are still prevalent. They feel like plasma to me.

And Ions and Envies are both great... but they don't feel the same and they don't fly the same... (to me).

(I'm team Envy FYI. Cycle some electrons and the occasional Eclipse...)

I've thought hard about the r2s. But for something Im gonna throw that far, I don't want it black. I feel like I can adjust my game to throwing the envy vs the ion. I just have to commit to the swap.

What's the R2 I keep hearing about?

Recycle something aka E* - like?

What's the R2 I keep hearing about?

Recycle something aka E* - like?

Yeah pretty much, they feel nice. Similar to neutron soft but not quite. All black with white rims that I've seen so far.

Wouldn't mind trying a R2 Volt.

I see a bag rework in my future......

Been relying on a plasma ion for my go to throwing putter forever. Ions are oop in plasma and I hate having an oop disc be so important to my game. I thought about switching to envies....talked about it, asked a bunch of questions on here, just haven't done it. Well. This might be the year. I think I could really get into a fission putter. And there's plenty of other plastic options as well in that mold.

But I absolutely love my Ion .....

I'm with you, that's total BS!!!!!!!! It's their flagship mold, what could possibly be so wrong with making them in plasma?

I get dropping the N atom it's practically an envy. Proton spin could almost be an anode... But an ion is an ion.

....I liked the proton soft ion's...

What's the big drawback to neutron ions?

Edit: NM I have the same prob with neutron spins, R2 is alright as long as you hit it with silver paint pen so you can find it.

Last edited:
Here's a beautiful sight, field work transitioning from last year's x-step to this year's 3-step third week with putters. On the left Prism Plasma Envy, on the right Eclipse Envy. When I took the photo last week it was the Eclipse first day of field work, and I've had the disc for a week. The distance about 210-220 feet which at 59 I think is pretty good. When I started a little more than two years ago with the Standstill my goal was 200 feet with putters, from here on out some nice extra distance. About thirty feet to the left and 5 feet back was my Pig off photo. Not all shots were placed this close, but about the same distance and no more than a 30-foot spread, with the Plasma sometimes too left, but the Eclipse always straight just like its Reactor brother. I've had two course days with the Eclipse its dead straight and holds the wind, by the second round on the first day I kept the Pig in the bag.

When Simon's Eclipse Hex comes out, it's going to be a no brainer to pick two up, and wherever I order from, also a second Eclipse Envy. I have two Eclipse Reactors so I can be more aggressive around hazards, the other is boxed. My fission and neutron hex are about 20 feet longer than the Reactor, so I'm hoping for the same distance with the Eclipse. This morning I threw the Plasma Envy on an approach into a large pile of leaves, as I was kicking around the leaves for a few minutes before finding it, I was close to having a Tom Hanks "Wilson" moment. I will also order a second Plasma.

Between the two Envy's the Plasma has been my putter for more than three months and can putt with it in high winds 20- 30 mph with higher gusts. Both course visits with the Eclipse wind 10-20, its floaty as a second putter missing some C1, and only one C2 drop. The next time the wind is light or none I'll spend at least one round with the Eclipse as a second putt, but not likely to overcome the Plasma. The Pig will stay in my bag for several death putts and approaches in my area.

What to do with my R2 Nomad? It's boxed as I evaluate the Eclipse. It was beaten out as a putter by the Plasma and was being used for approaches dropping in a few with one 100 feet out. The Nomad is normally all over the place on an approach, but the Eclipse has been bullseye with some misses still in C1. Nomad doesn't really have a place in the bag anymore, will likely be traded in for whatever is my next MVP Disc.

Attachments

• envy.jpg
    envy.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 35
Isn't there a one speed approach that MVP is about to release? I've been trying to find the info... it isn't showing on the latest preorders out there....

I get dropping the N atom it's practically an envy.

You, sir, are playing dangerous games with your words ;)

In actuality they are very similar but right now I like the Atom's better. I do wish they would run some soft Neutron or soft proton for the Atom but I doubt it's going to get much love, especially if Simon is also going to use the Envy/Proxy.