• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

From my very limited try with the prism envy, it seems to be less stable under power and a little more stable for putting. I also seem to remember a lack of weighting agent in the rim.

What I want to see is some soft neutron fairway drivers :D relay/ rhythm... crave I suppose :D

I got some of those gummy neutron inertia in max weight because they had a Cortes Dawg Daze stamp. I wish they were 170 or less haha.

From what I have been told, Prism rims do not have the weighting agent, so are closer to a normal frisbee than other gyro molds.

From what I have been told, Prism rims do not have the weighting agent, so are closer to a normal frisbee than other gyro molds.

Agreed, that was my experience with Prism insanities. I also recall an article where someone was cutting and estimating added weight due to gyro rims and found prism to be slightly lighter.. will see if I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed, that was my experience with Prism insanities. I also recall an article where someone was cutting and estimating added weight due to gyro rims and found prism to be slightly lighter.. will see if I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So in the case of the Hex, would this prism be slightly flippier?

Just a heads up for you plasma ion guys.. There's a post on the MVP BST... he had 4 yesterday for $25 each. Posted on Tue..

Apparently they are what's left..

Just a heads up for you plasma ion guys.. There's a post on the MVP BST... he had 4 yesterday for $25 each. Posted on Tue..

Apparently they are what's left..

Plasma ion is the absolute best throwing putter around. I will hear no arguments, you are wrong. I love mine and throw the heck out of it

However. I've resigned myself to the fact that they are gone. I'm not spending big $ chasing down the last of a dying breed. Tis time to move on. Heck, I'd even part with mine for the right price. Not 100% sure what I'll transition to yet. Probably Envy. Maybe Proxy. Maybe just neutron or r2 ion. Not sure what the future holds.

I'd appreciate it. All the rumors are interesting, but I'd like to have something "real" to back them up. Hopefully they compared like weight discs and weighed the cores as well.

Plasma ion is the absolute best throwing putter around. I will hear no arguments, you are wrong. I love mine and throw the heck out of it

However. I've resigned myself to the fact that they are gone. I'm not spending big $ chasing down the last of a dying breed. Tis time to move on. Heck, I'd even part with mine for the right price. Not 100% sure what I'll transition to yet. Probably Envy. Maybe Proxy. Maybe just neutron or r2 ion. Not sure what the future holds.

Fair enough but if you could 4 for $100 that seems pretty reasonable to me :D

I'd put the ohm on the try list too...

Close competition between Ion and Anode for the worst throwing putters of all time. Rounded inner rim is so gross.

I enjoyed throwing the Ion as a throwing putter. It was too deep as a putting putter to me, and when the Envy came out, I discovered it was excellent as both a throwing putter and a putting putter, so I switched completely to it from the Ion. Even still, the Ion is a fantastic throwing putter.

I'll concede the Ion is an exceptional backhand thrower, I hate forehand shots with the rounder.

Never once liked Anodes

played my first round in years in this deep **** snow.. still got it. Ion will always be my baby but gotta toss one of these new lid things.

dont listen to that ass above either. anodes are ions best friend and feel way better for most people. grip just has missing fingers and BS.

and ill fight all of you with a bag of ions power gripped into those beautiful rims.

Last edited:
I might as well offer my 0.0148 (USD)...

Ion was awesome, I love it for the flagship memories.. People with real arms enjoy the placement. A good driver and a very wind resistant solid putter, as long as you don't limp wrist it. It's a professional tool. I recently acquired one I had gifted a friend, it was in his junk box, I think it's about 4th gen(?) It was the first run with the new tooling and engraved rim.... It is straight but I'd never call it glidey. Might get a few rounds in but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Haven't had an ion thrower in years, I shelved my 3 old ones

I jumped ship to the anode pretty fast, 170g proton firm and proton soft. Threw a lights out tournament with the pairing, and a rhyno. Loved the extra float and straight lines (since I'm a lesser power player). I will also give them some love.

Neither is in my bag, you round finger folks are weird... :D

I think it's stupid not to back up your unicorns when you have a chance :D.

A also think I should buy 3+ of my flavour of the month, currently stockpiling rhythm's to get me through an apocalypse..

I'm glad Aim's out of the closet.... Haha

Latest posts