• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

https://throwingplastic.com/prismatic-overmolds/

There's links on there for previous cut ups as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the link. I really didn't think there would be any significant difference between a neutron base and a proton base for the rim, but this squares pretty solidly with my Wrath experience: the Prism Plasma was relatively neutral (not quite flippy, but it does know the vocabulary) and is currently a work desk ornament. The Neutrons were a little more than I wanted out of that slot.

I rather adore the Prism Plasma visual and have found the Proxy, Envy, and Pyro to be really effective that way. Separately, the Pyro was sneaky long today after being pressed into service when neither of my Resistors wanted to fade.

MVP are genius. They make eclipse rimmed discs, we all complain they aren't enough surface area of glow.

They make glow flight plates, we like them but ask for brighter so they make them glow like a night light.

Now all these new players who have never seen an eclipse rim, "hey guys how about an eclipse rim!" And the newer players are going to devour them.

That reminds me, I misplaced An eclipse tangent out there a few nights ago. I should go looking after dark but it doesn't glow worth a poop. I do love the hollow glow ring effect though, it's very cool.

I'm more interested in the Soft Neutron Hex as far as the Hexes being released go. Plasma plastic is pretty, but also pretty meh in the hand.

The R2 Eclipse Glitch though. That's going to be awesome. Also, Soft Proton returns, and in a Soft Proton Prism Envy. That might be awesome.

You're in luck. Soft Neutron's also in the release.

Yes I know, that's what I was referring to.

Gotcha. I read it initially as I wish they'd done this instead rather than prioritized interest. Personally I like the Fission a *lot* so not necessarily spending for either.

$5 local pickup…nasty blue/teal/green color shift

Nice! Let me know-how it flies :) good score!

I've been playing glitch and rhythm rounds.. The more the glitch breaks in the more fun it is, really carves in the woods, the big hyzer boomerang is awesome and if forced to putt with it I recommend a straddle.

Nice! Let me know-how it flies :) good score!

I've been playing glitch and rhythm rounds.. The more the glitch breaks in the more fun it is, really carves in the woods, the big hyzer boomerang is awesome and if forced to putt with it I recommend a straddle.

I like my rhythm so much, about a week ago I picked up a backup, very consistent. When the Glitch was in the local PIAS stores last fall, it just didn't feel right, but with all the good comments about them here, the next time I see one in the store, I should pick one up and find out. If I was going to play a two-disc round with my rhythm, it would be with the Eclipse Envy the best approach disc I've had, in a little more than two months about 1/2 dozen C3 drops, including a blind 112-footer (laser it). Most of the time it's all over the basket.

I like my rhythm so much, about a week ago I picked up a backup, very consistent. ...

Right on man... if you are throwing the circuit rhythms they are different from the stock run but you've probably heard that already. :D

Took me a little time to warm up to the glitch, it has short range capabilities that are unmatched in the gyro lineup, it also goes really far

Right on man... if you are throwing the circuit rhythms they are different from the stock run but you've probably heard that already. :D

Took me a little time to warm up to the glitch, it has short range capabilities that are unmatched in the gyro lineup, it also goes really far

I need to thank you for some suggestions you gave back in the fall:

I had asked what 14 or 13 speed would perform in heavy wind, you suggested a Neutron Mayhem. I finally pick one up a month ago and its worked out great, stable in the heavy wind (20-35 mph the past month) with ending fade in all wind directions. A bit chewed up after some road skip I like to play, to fade back in the fairway on a hole from my home course. Surprised since I've done it several times with a plasma and neutron wave and no gauges on the rim. I'll probably order a plasma mayhem sooner than planned to compare the two plastics. Plasma's seem to perform better in heavy wind for me.

I had also asked what putter compares to a Pig, you mentioned the Entropy, so I've had a Plasma the past week with a few practice sessions, and two course visits flies great in the heavy wind and has the fade that I don't get from my Eclipse and Plasma Envy, and the beat-up Pig. There are some death putts and approaches on a few area courses I play, the Pig will stay for those courses, gotta protect the most important discs in the bag.

Thank You!

I need to thank you for some suggestions you gave back in the fall:

!

Right on! I appreciate that, happy to have helped.

My record with Monocacy isn't so stellar :D

I like my plasma mayhem, I wish I could throw it properly :D when there isn't a 40mph headwind.

I forgot both my glitches in the yardbox and was sad when I got to the course. I didn't need it but I obviously wanted/missed it. I was going to play glitch/envy/rhythmx2 instead I took my bag... no I don't know how that makes sense.

Last edited:
Haven't kept up with new releases well because im really happy with where my bag is at.

quick run down:

pfn soft electron ions for putts
soft n proxy one seasoned one fresh, and n entropy for approach / short drives

reactor and hex as mids.

beat crave and fresh crave as control drivers.

insanity / wrath / fireball for long drives.

beat mayhem, fresh mayhem and dimension for max distance.

seems a lot of the new gyro molds are understable besides the nomad and terra. I tried them both out and they're good molds but I'm happier with the proxy / wrath combo.

think I should try anything else out?

I throw 50/50 bh & fh and have enough power to get turnovers out of the molds I listed with either throw, so discs with -3 HSS aren't really on my radar.

Haven't kept up with new releases well because im really happy with where my bag is at.

quick run down:

pfn soft electron ions for putts
soft n proxy one seasoned one fresh, and n entropy for approach / short drives

reactor and hex as mids.

beat crave and fresh crave as control drivers.

insanity / wrath / fireball for long drives.

beat mayhem, fresh mayhem and dimension for max distance.

seems a lot of the new gyro molds are understable besides the nomad and terra. I tried them both out and they're good molds but I'm happier with the proxy / wrath combo.

think I should try anything else out?

I throw 50/50 bh & fh and have enough power to get turnovers out of the molds I listed with either throw, so discs with -3 HSS aren't really on my radar.

where them new vids at