• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Yep. If it was only 1 R2 I would probably be 100% in. 3...I dunno. That Conrad discs is the only one of interest to me now.
Yea it just seems like they are pawning off their mistake discs to consumers this year. 10 of the 12 discs are recycled mistakes they made, or cosmetic errors. People want full eclipse craves, 1 speed low glides, eclipse insanity, eclipse waves, stock run tempo, stock run trance..... yet they give us recycled crap. Thanks mvp

I'm still working my way through last year's box. They sent some decent lab seconds, and I finally had the chance to use the glow envy and proxy last weekend.

I will pass on this year's box.

Now if they had run R2 tempos, watts and trances they might have a better market. They have pushed hex and glitch saturation to the JC electron holy shot envy level.

The Pixel's specs look like a Pilot with some dome. Simon line going to cost more. Eh, no thanks.

I generally dig MVP's overall esthetic but tbh kinda hate the special edition art.

It's weird to me that because mvp made discs in the gyropalooza box that people don't want, that those people say that mvp messed up the box. The gyropalooza boxes are pretty cheap. Lots of premium plastic for base plastic price. The r2 discs in the box are ones that are their most popular and speeds that everyone can throw. That makes sense to me. Personally I enjoy the custom art and having a "collectors item" disc in my bag. Last year I was able to sell the ones I didn't want pretty easily so it's not like you are stuck with them.
It seems the r2 isn't that popular so this seems like a good way to get it into people's hands for them to see if they like it.
I already ordered my box. Can't wait to throw some new plastic and see if/where it fits in my bag.

Rahfrolfer has a point, if you wanted to try MVP that gyropalooza box is pretty solid.

It's nice to see Mike Inscho is still doing some art, I like Michael Ramanauskas stuff well enough, kinda miss the Marmoset and Zam stuff though.

A box up here looks to be $165 this year and I don't know if that includes about $30 shipping. I could probably get a glitch for $50 or 60 off an auction and wait for a pixel.

Rahfrolfer has a point, if you wanted to try MVP that gyropalooza box is pretty solid.

It's nice to see Mike Inscho is still doing some art, I like Michael Ramanauskas stuff well enough, kinda miss the Marmoset and Zam stuff though.

A box up here looks to be $165 this year and I don't know if that includes about $30 shipping. I could probably get a glitch for $50 or 60 off an auction and wait for a pixel.
OTB has it for $120, and I have no interest in ordering in bulk. Likely only a few may catch my interest.

OTB has it for $120, and I have no interest in ordering in bulk. Likely only a few may catch my interest.
Sorry bud... I'm Canadian eh!

I just looked harder, $199 shipped.

But I did notice, it's 4 L2's and 2 proshop discs... so there could be some hot items. Maybe some first run time lapses will appear, throw 5 of those in and the buyers will buy. This maybe isn't as dumb as I originally thought.

I could throw an R2 envy to see how the plastic is, a glow rim eclipse crave would be alright too maybe, can't be much worse than glow 1.0, the hex is still trash haha.

I still wish they would do a lightweight or am box, I did alright and got light last year and was pretty happy, got $35 for the proxy.

Now if they had run R2 tempos, watts and trances they might have a better market. They have pushed hex and glitch saturation to the JC electron holy shot envy level.

I had a rant typed and I just don't want to press 'Post Reply' on my personal dissertation of frustration. I am getting tired of Glitches. It's really frustrating when certain molds or certain molds in a particular (popular) plastic are hard to find, if not impossible, but hey--we've got another Glitch in yet another unique plastic! I miss the MVP Pro Shop email that showed how 15 different molds were getting restocked. I know that Simon turned up the popularity as well as a lot of the proceeds from the sales of all these discs (Glitch's included) will go to increasing manufacturing. But I really wanted a stock Trance by now...or another Prism Proton Pyro. I'm drowning in Hex's and Glitch's when I just want the normal stuff that got me hooked on MVP.

Unless I missed it, surprised nobody is chatting about the James Conrad MVP Trail 10-speed coming out. Supposed to fit in with the Zenith and Terra, seems likely to be a Neutron. I've had very few 10-speeds in other brands, looking forward to it.

The Detour should fit in my bag, I have no understable in the 5-speeds, the Uplink more than a year ago was too understable for my liking. My Lizotte Hex fit in the role nicely when I picked it up in January it started out with a turn, but in July it started to make its way back into a very nice S turn. The Plasma Hex since early May also started out with turn and is now starting too show a straight line with fade. Going to bring back a Signal for the same turn, lost my first one more than a year ago a beauty right over the short basket into the same river I lost my Plasma Servo 167g over the long basket a few weeks ago. That sadden me, it had been with me a year ago June when I decided to flip my bag to MVP/Axiom. Not sure why it's taken me this long to bring the Signal back. The Plasma Servo 171g is fitting in nicely on the two practice days I've had with it, some good fade.

The Pixel will have to wait until I can grip it at PIAS, four months ago I had 3 putters, I now have 8. The Plasma Tangent is more dominant combined straight approach and putting, with the Plasma Nomad a notch above in putting. The other 6 putters are not going anywhere, just need to figure out where their role will be and will not take any more than 4 with me for rounds.

I'm coming off a two-week layoff with the flu, I've had three practice days Friday with Plasma Crave and the new Servo took me twenty minutes to get some snap back. Yesterday 15-20 mph wind, and today 10-15 mph wind worked with some higher speed disc and decided I'm missing my Neutron Mayhem which had 3 pieces of rim gouged off after road skip didn't have that LHBH left center headwind line anymore, and decided to finish last year's wind season with a Plasma Mayhem that was driving me insane last and this year, it's all over the place, and about 30-feet short on distance. This will be the first time I've replaced a Plasma with a Neutron. In the meantime, wait for that Time-lapse next month. There will be a few other brands that will stay with me in the 12-14 speeds.

Tomorrow will work with the new Neutron Reactor 173g that I picked up with the new Servo. Along with my Eclipse Reactor 178g, and Prism Plasma Pyro 179g and see where the Neutron falls, and hopefully I'll have enough leg strength to play a few rounds on Wednesday, I've missed playing.

Felt up a Watt at a tournament and then ordered one afterwards. It came in yesterday and after a little bit of field throwing, it's definitely a heavier Glitch with similar flight characteristics and a bit more comfortable rim. I think I'm going to have to play a 1 disc round with it and then I'll really be able to see where it fits in my bag. It's also super comfy for my putting grip, so hopefully they'll make Electron ones (if they don't already exist).

I was just getting around to exploring the Virus and signal when the rhythm showed up, auditioning for a less stable spot in my bag. I don't think i have thrown the virus or signal since haha. My 155 fission rhythm is in signal territory, the virus seemed like riding a fine edge much like the wave but great glide.

Leg strength... good luck.. I got none over here, popped my good knee out of the socket haha. My elbows kinda healed though. Looking like more glitch/ watt/ light rhythm rounds for me. The tempo just keeps staring at me from the front of the yard box wondering why it's not getting play time.

Glitch/Watt/ tempo could be a pretty solid combo if someone only used premium discs. The tempo could be an envy in the circle, I feel like the Watt doesn't go glitch like until about 150'+. I'm still finding it a little goofy but forgiving. Getting some surprisingly good long anhyzers with it and straight stall to anny. It's fitting in well with the uplink/ 155 fizz rhythm. All similar flights at different speeds.

Nice 45 min field work this morning. The Neutron Reactor first time throwing LHBH left center with some ending fade, out distancing the Eclipse Reactor by about 25 feet on average. I was able to turn the neutron on a few throws which surprised me. The Plasma Pyro last time field work early April with a new Plasma Entropy back then, reliable as ever with an in-betweener hyzer-fade.

Looking forward to the morning with my first rounds in a few weeks after the illness, legs felt good after the workout.

That looks identical to an Anode Aim gave me to give to my dubs parter years ago. He putted with that sucker for like 5 years.

Latest posts