• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Find it strange that people think the PIXEL is to deep. .i dont think it feels deep at all.
I bought it just for fun but it felt WAY better than i thought it would.
And it flies nice to. . but i hope it will come out in a "throwing plastic "soon
I let the guy at PIAS talk me into a Pixel, mainly because it was $15 (most player discs seem to have a huge up-charge so I never buy them), and the flight numbers match fairly decent to putters I like. I didn't expect too much, but one practice session, and I already decided to bag it and give it a shot as my main putting putter. Not sure if it is because it is a deep putter, or maybe the low 2 speed with a high 4 glide, but I found it is one of very few putters that often flies wobbly on me, but it still flies very straight, and my putts were going in at a high rate despite the weird wobble.

I'm on the tester team for MVP and in my video for the Pixel I mentioned how it didn't feel super deep when I was gripping it for drives. I wouldn't call it shallow, but was surprised when most other videos refer to it as being deep. Interested in hearing what you think when you get yours. I do love how it feels and it's what I'm putting with now. Also great for approaches, tons of control.

I'm on the tester team for MVP and in my video for the Pixel I mentioned how it didn't feel super deep when I was gripping it for drives. I wouldn't call it shallow, but was surprised when most other videos refer to it as being deep. Interested in hearing what you think when you get yours. I do love how it feels and it's what I'm putting with now. Also great for approaches, tons of control.
I think people may be so used to the low profile stuff like the proxy and envy, that discs like the Pixel seem deep. I'm coming to it by way of the Spin, Fierce, and APX before that. It's actually shallower than some of those, but not by much. Just seems about right in my hand...

More time in with the Pixel today. I like it more and more as I use it more, but it needs a lot more manipulation to get the variety of shot shapes than my Spin or Watt. It does a good long, gentle arc with a flat nose angle, but I suspect to get a sharper turn, it's going to need significant nose up.

I do like that I can throw it flat at the basket, and have it laser beam in without as much worry about turning over as my Spins. I tend to putt the Spin on a nose up, gentle anhyzer - it keeps it more predictable. My muscle memory kept trying to do that with the Spin, and sending it off course... 😅

I DO need to hold it different, because it's deeper, but not so much that it's uncomfortable. It's really just muscle memory again.

More time in with the Pixel today. I like it more and more as I use it more, but it needs a lot more manipulation to get the variety of shot shapes than my Spin or Watt. It does a good long, gentle arc with a flat nose angle, but I suspect to get a sharper turn, it's going to need significant nose up.

I do like that I can throw it flat at the basket, and have it laser beam in without as much worry about turning over as my Spins. I tend to putt the Spin on a nose up, gentle anhyzer - it keeps it more predictable. My muscle memory kept trying to do that with the Spin, and sending it off course... 😅

I DO need to hold it different, because it's deeper, but not so much that it's uncomfortable. It's really just muscle memory again.
I only did putting with the Pixel so far, but it definitely goes straighter and more accurate for me than the Spin, although it does fly with a slight wobble, which I normally never get. I compete my over 50 putters vs each other from time to time, and the Spin has never broke my top ten. I put the brand new Pixel in with my top ten group, and it held it's own for 1-2 hours of practice. I finished with two single miss elimination 'tournaments', starting at 10', going 5' further each round, and the Pixel won them both at about 35-40'. My top ten includes mostly Fierces, Jawbreaker Banger-GTs, and 1-2 Pures. Small sample size, but I am planning to bag the Pixel as my main putter immediately, and see how it does on the course. I thought my putter competitions were mostly settled, but…. It's on now! I had been putting my best ever with 168g Jawbreaker Banger-GTs, with Fierces close behind and my go right putter, and Pures close behind and my go left putter.

I only did putting with the Pixel so far, but it definitely goes straighter and more accurate for me than the Spin, although it does fly with a slight wobble, which I normally never get. I compete my over 50 putters vs each other from time to time, and the Spin has never broke my top ten. I put the brand new Pixel in with my top ten group, and it held it's own for 1-2 hours of practice. I finished with two single miss elimination 'tournaments', starting at 10', going 5' further each round, and the Pixel won them both at about 35-40'. My top ten includes mostly Fierces, Jawbreaker Banger-GTs, and 1-2 Pures. Small sample size, but I am planning to bag the Pixel as my main putter immediately, and see how it does on the course. I thought my putter competitions were mostly settled, but…. It's on now! I had been putting my best ever with 168g Jawbreaker Banger-GTs, with Fierces close behind and my go right putter, and Pures close behind and my go left putter.
Between the Fierce and the Spin it's really just hand feel and price, to me. They fly identically in my hands. I think the Fierce holds chains better than the Spin, which is odd, but it's something I've had to adjust to as I tried the Spin.

I'm going to keep one Spin in my bag for severe turnovers, but I'm going to main the Pixel for a month or so, and see if I get the same confidence with it that I've had with the Spin and Fierce. If I do, I'm pretty confident it'll surpass both of them.

I think I have 2 Spins, and I definitely like the Fierce better. I have at least 7-8 Fierces. I think individual putting styles are better suited to some putters than others, and for me the Spin goes left or right a bit more, where the Fierce holds a straight line, with a consistent touch of right, which is well suited to my putting. I spin putt, pretty hard at the chains, with a focused wrist flick. My Jawbreaker Banger-GTs go very straight, as does the Pixel so far. My Pures go a little more left. Of course almost all fade left at the end when they slow down, but I usually putt hard enough for that to not be a factor until I get out into circle two, where my make percentage is not great.

So far I have played ~52 holes with the pixel and putting 2-3 times per hole as well as a thirty minute practice session. Coming from the Anode it doesn't really feel deeper, I think the absence of the rounded inside may make it feel that way. And, to be honest, I have to account for that now as I get used to the Pixel. But I am continuing to be impressed by this disc. On the course, it just holds lines so well. I'd say my throwing Pixel has just a touch of turn now, but it's just barely there and it is so straight. If they make a premium plastic Pixel then the watt comes out of the bag for a fresh pixel and beat in electron.

Putting wise it does seem to require more of an adjustment than I anticipated with the Anode but I can see so much more potential with the Pixel as it seems to really fit the way I like to putt. I know it will just take more time and reps.

The Eagle Envy is exactly that...an envy. I have an OS proton envy that is probably 3 3 0 3 and a space race which is probably closer to 3 3 0 1. I am glad to finally have a sweet looking envy that sits at that 3 3 0 2. I still am having issues with the proxy v watt. Right now, in my bag I have: Toro, Envy, Proxy, Watt, Pixel, and Glitch. I need to make a decision between the Watt and Proxy. I also need to decide if I keep the Glitch in or not. I very rarely reach for the Glitch...I want to love it so bad but idk if it really fits my game.

So far I have played ~52 holes with the pixel and putting 2-3 times per hole as well as a thirty minute practice session. Coming from the Anode it doesn't really feel deeper, I think the absence of the rounded inside may make it feel that way. And, to be honest, I have to account for that now as I get used to the Pixel. But I am continuing to be impressed by this disc. On the course, it just holds lines so well. I'd say my throwing Pixel has just a touch of turn now, but it's just barely there and it is so straight. If they make a premium plastic Pixel then the watt comes out of the bag for a fresh pixel and beat in electron.

Putting wise it does seem to require more of an adjustment than I anticipated with the Anode but I can see so much more potential with the Pixel as it seems to really fit the way I like to putt. I know it will just take more time and reps.

The Eagle Envy is exactly that...an envy. I have an OS proton envy that is probably 3 3 0 3 and a space race which is probably closer to 3 3 0 1. I am glad to finally have a sweet looking envy that sits at that 3 3 0 2. I still am having issues with the proxy v watt. Right now, in my bag I have: Toro, Envy, Proxy, Watt, Pixel, and Glitch. I need to make a decision between the Watt and Proxy. I also need to decide if I keep the Glitch in or not. I very rarely reach for the Glitch...I want to love it so bad but idk if it really fits my game.
I'm glad I'm not the only one debating Pixel vs Watt. It's definitely straight enough, that I may well consider pulling the Watt out of the bag once I'm used to the Pixel. Feels bad, because the Watt is really such a good disc...

It may well be decided by how much turn the Pixel gets over time. My Watt has taken a beating, and it's still just a laserbeam...

I'm glad I'm not the only one debating Pixel vs Watt. It's definitely straight enough, that I may well consider pulling the Watt out of the bag once I'm used to the Pixel. Feels bad, because the Watt is really such a good disc...

It may well be decided by how much turn the Pixel gets over time. My Watt has taken a beating, and it's still just a laserbeam...
I believe a Premium Pixel would probably be 2 4 0 1? Or maybe just hold the 2 4 0 0.5 for a lot longer...They could coexist in someone's bag but to have the Envy/Proxy and then Pixel/Watt, to me, would be a bit much. I expect I am going to roll with the Envy/Proxy as my main driving putters but look at the Pixel for the super straight stuff under 250.

Don't kid yourself, a premium pixel will be 2 3 0 1 .... careful what you wish for 😄 it will be a spin/ion ugly lovechild. Unless they retool the mold... lest we not forget the Z putt'r and z magnet.

I got pixel envy over here, haha end of the week maybe. Getting excited for it though. Nailed down a 175 yellow detour for a trance, with a nice guy credit for the next deal... 👌 f the trance and its goofy rim... madness I tell you. I wanna throw a detour. And those eagle envy, but I don't really like proton haha. Oh well one for the bag, one for the shelf

Crazy how a bunch of people have been convinced a blue foil variant is that valuable... or a rainbow 🌈 pixel foil. I think it's these DM converts... I'm laughing at all the eagle envy FB BST posts (that aren't blue foil).

Don't kid yourself, a premium pixel will be 2 3 0 1 .... careful what you wish for 😄 it will be a spin/ion ugly lovechild. Unless they retool the mold... lest we not forget the Z putt'r and z magnet.

I got pixel envy over here, haha end of the week maybe. Getting excited for it though. Nailed down a 175 yellow detour for a trance, with a nice guy credit for the next deal... 👌 f the trance and its goofy rim... madness I tell you. I wanna throw a detour. And those eagle envy, but I don't really like proton haha. Oh well one for the bag, one for the shelf

Crazy how a bunch of people have been convinced a blue foil variant is that valuable... or a rainbow 🌈 pixel foil. I think it's these DM converts... I'm laughing at all the eagle envy FB BST posts (that aren't blue foil).
I honestly wouldn't mind a 2 3 0 1. I love my envy's but they can absolutely bomb.

I was able to get out after work for a quick 20 minutes and just wow…the pixel feels so much more effortless than the anode with very similar flights, just the pixel has a bit better finish. I was 10/10 at 15', 7/10 at C1, and 3/10 at 50'. That's already my best putting session and I've had these for three days

While I'm sure the Pixel is the greatest P&A disc EVAH, the Ohm is 2/5/0/1 and you don't have to convince yourself that it's not as deep as a soup bowl. No putter plastic but electron sux anyhow.

Just saying

While I'm sure the Pixel is the greatest P&A disc EVAH, the Ohm is 2/5/0/1 and you don't have to convince yourself that it's not as deep as a soup bowl. No putter plastic but electron sux anyhow.

Just saying
It is quite ironic...I have tried to putt and throw every single MVP P&A mold over the years except one. For whatever odd reason the Ohm is the one discs I haven't had the opportunity to try but that was mainly because I like the 3 3 X X for driving putters. Ohm and Watt are two discs I really want in electron plastic because I do believe so many people would putt with them if that was an option. For me i do like the depth of the pixel, it doesn't bother me...but if it did, the Ohm is a disc I would be very interested in seeing come out in electron.

regarding watt vs proxy, I feel like the latter has more glide. I'm just using Proxies for my driving putters.....got a soft eclipse thats close to an envy and a beat up solid blue soft N that's got a bit of high speed turn. I have an Entropy in the bag I:ll throw sometimes but 95% of my short range game is handled by the proxy.

It is quite ironic...I have tried to putt and throw every single MVP P&A mold over the years except one. For whatever odd reason the Ohm is the one discs I haven't had the opportunity to try but that was mainly because I like the 3 3 X X for driving putters. Ohm and Watt are two discs I really want in electron plastic because I do believe so many people would putt with them if that was an option. For me i do like the depth of the pixel, it doesn't bother me...but if it did, the Ohm is a disc I would be very interested in seeing come out in electron.
The 2 speed is part of the reason I like the Ohm. As you mentioned, 3 speed gyro putters are long, so I like a little more gap between throwing putters and mids. Ohm is pretty long with the legit 5 glide and for some reason works better for me for FH than the Envy

I'm FH dominant and bag a Zone and Berg so the Ohm doesn't get a lot of use but it just suits my game when I need it.

The 2 speed is part of the reason I like the Ohm. As you mentioned, 3 speed gyro putters are long, so I like a little more gap between throwing putters and mids. Ohm is pretty long with the legit 5 glide and for some reason works better for me for FH than the Envy

I'm FH dominant and bag a Zone and Berg so the Ohm doesn't get a lot of use but it just suits my game when I need it.
The Watt is stupid far for a 2 speed. It goes well past my Proxy, and into the range of my Comets. It's one of the things I like about it.

Where is the rule that you have to use shitty baseplastics for putting?

That idea is founded more in the whole "what the pros" do sort of thing. And honestly, most of the reasons people do it are so bunk to me anyways. "oh they grab the chains better."

Do they? Do they really? Cause my premium plastic putters from MVP have no issues grabbing chains.

I used to putt with proton pilots and they grab chains too.

Now could there be some benefit to using electron over premium? Maybe, They are going to react to the chains a tad softer cause the plastic is turd. But MVP overmolds are really really nice. And grab chains just fine.

So, I'll keep putting with my ohms, cause they are awesome.

Where is the rule that you have to use shitty baseplastics for putting?

That idea is founded more in the whole "what the pros" do sort of thing. And honestly, most of the reasons people do it are so bunk to me anyways. "oh they grab the chains better."

Do they? Do they really? Cause my premium plastic putters from MVP have no issues grabbing chains.

I used to putt with proton pilots and they grab chains too.

Now could there be some benefit to using electron over premium? Maybe, They are going to react to the chains a tad softer cause the plastic is turd. But MVP overmolds are really really nice. And grab chains just fine.

So, I'll keep putting with my ohms, cause they are awesome.
MVP is the one brand on the planet you can really say grab the chains the same between base and premium plastic, but that's not why I wouldn't putt with their premium plastics. You don't get the same grip and control from them, for putts. It requires a lot finer control than throwing them, and my fingers slip on neutron, plasma, and proton when I try to get a good spin putt flying.

MVP is the one brand on the planet you can really say grab the chains the same between base and premium plastic, but that's not why I wouldn't putt with their premium plastics. You don't get the same grip and control from them, for putts. It requires a lot finer control than throwing them, and my fingers slip on neutron, plasma, and proton when I try to get a good spin putt flying.

I wouldn't say they grab the same. The rim material is definitely different between premium & base plastic MVP discs. (The rim material on base plastic discs is softer.)