• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I take anything in Eclipse that's easier to throw than those inertia and insanity. I think I will snag an orbital and give them a try again.

Got my first pixel ace that I got paid for... and a ctp with it. It's earned its purchase price.
For phase 2 I've decided to pick up the Eclipse Orbital along with the Prism Proton Vanish, and Prism Neutron Trance the release date is 15 May. I lost my Fission Wave last week, traded in a beaten up Neutron Orbital for today's purchase along with a beaten Tern. To make room for the incoming purchases I'm trading in my Innova F2 13 and 14 speeds that I use for winter/wind season on water holes. Gotta keep those MVP disc safe. I'll pick up a few F2 at the end of the year.

I got a volt along time ago when I was throwing a lot of forehand. Relay I picked up recently because it has the exact same numbers of a leopard. My worn in pro leopard is my most consistent, over 200 feet and dead straight. Valkyrie is similar.

Buzz and meteor go consistently shorter. I also throw a comet that gets close to 200' though. I use an MVP Watt that goes dead straight but never close to 200

My whole bag is just 2x pro leopard, DX & Champ Valkyrie, proton crave, 2x Meteor (worn first run Z, and Big Z), 2x Buzzz (beat-in Z and newer Big Z), worn Buzz SS, Z Swirl Comet, neutron Watt and SS Wizard.

I had a Z Nuke SS for forehand S curves and lost that along with Pro & Star Leopards.

I have an axiom pitch and several other discs like 2nd run Volt, Relay as previously mentioned but also Aviar, Shark, Innova IT (modified leopard?) but the above is the bag
The craves decent, at your distance though (and mine) I never found them to be understable more of a second rate volt. At 325+ or so I think it really shines. Watch your nose up, get it down.. the Crave is extra nasty if you have that habit.

If you got plastic fever I second the uplink, I used a esp meteor for a lot of years and I always wanted a crystal z or just z but they were rare at the time. A lighter neutron uplink is the flippiest and the softs are more stable, I like em both and they are fairly meteorlike the detour was meh Buzzz SS goofy, it's growing on me with my new throw but its a screw around in the yard kinda disc. Keep the comet there is nothing like it. I like the Comet/uplink/envy (or hex) lineup, my heavy 181g soft uplink is right between a meteor and comet, on a downhill it goes forever.

@ skypup Get a fusion or fission Hex and both will be pretty straight with a slight fade in the end. For comparisons of many midrange discs watch Sis Sided Discs on YouTube. He has 2 videos where 28 mids are tested for straight flight and are arranged afterward as OS, straight, or US. It's part of the flight numbers don't matter series.

Well, I found out today on the practice field, that my new Cosmic Proton Wave 158g Flys like my Fission Photon 167g. I spent an hour with them 15 mph wind throwing different directions. The most fun I had with them was turning into a 45 degree cross headwind and watching them break into a strong fade or hyzer. Downwind was a chore, something I didn't have to worry about with a Fission Wave. So I'm going to give the Proton my attention the next few weeks, followed by the Prism Proton Vanish and Eclipse Orbital. In about a month I'll replace my lost Fission Wave, that's a must. I still have my Neutron and Plasma Wave to bail me out on the course if needed.

Some course fun yesterday. I threw my best Plasma Insanity on a Standstill, better than any full throw. This is #12 par 3, 304 feet long tee Bennetts Creek Suffolk Virginia. The picture makes the gap look bigger than it is, it's about 100 feet out and about six feet wide, top of the hill is about 240 feet. I normally throw putter, out of 16 rounds, only three thru the gap, two pars. At the tee tired of failed putters, first thought Insanity. Threw mid level flight right thru the gap, hit side of hill popping up at about 235 feet. For the first time I could see the basket for a birdie run. But there are several guardian skinnies and I hit one for my 3rd par on the hole. I'm never going to forget that standstill, it was a thrill watching it split the gap. No telling what will happen next time.

Tomorrow I'll have a Prism Proton Hex and Proton Tempo in the bag.

Attachments

• 20240430_105636.jpg
    20240430_105636.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240429_101115.jpg
    20240429_101115.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Gambled and didn't preorder because I wanted to be able to select based on appearance. Grabbed two of the tempos and servos right at release last night. Wouldn't mind a glitch and hex but figured as heavily as both molds have been pushed the last year that I could wait for feedback before purchasing. If you really wanted a glitch or hex at this point you've got a few. Figured the tempos and servos would move quicker.

Gambled and didn't preorder because I wanted to be able to select based on appearance. Grabbed two of the tempos and servos right at release last night. Wouldn't mind a glitch and hex but figured as heavily as both molds have been pushed the last year that I could wait for feedback before purchasing. If you really wanted a glitch or hex at this point you've got a few. Figured the tempos and servos would move quicker.
Stock Tempo is finally here? Probably would have been interested a year ago but my love for the Z-flx Zone has only grown during that time. Let me know if it's the greatest OS 4 speed ever made.

Anybody have intel on the Trail release date?

Stock Tempo is finally here? Probably would have been interested a year ago but my love for the Z-flx Zone has only grown during that time. Let me know if it's the greatest OS 4 speed ever made.

Anybody have intel on the Trail release date?

The OTB Open ones are proton soft, still no stock release. They did put some neutron ones up the other day as the third release on their pro shop. Haven't checked to see if they've sold out.

Played league with a dude last week throwing a circuit challenge tempo. He didn't have a huge arm, but got a consistent straight to fade flight out of it. I don't expect it to be as overstable as a zone. Should be a fun disc to throw though.

These are very nice disc to throw, and will go straight to the bag.

The Prism Proton Hex 172g has the best grip I've ever held on a mid! Fits like a glove. A better grip than my Lizotte Hex, and way better than than the Fission and Neutron Hex which were awful. The Proton will fly straight with an ending fade, on a full throw will turn and fade back in. Out distancing my Lizotte, Proton would seem to be more stable in 15 mph Plus wind, can be a struggle for the Lizotte. Proton also good for standstills.

The Proton Soft Tempo 172g good grip feels very much like both of my Electron Atoms and Plasma Envy. It now fills a void in my throwing Putter's dead straight with an ending fade, @discerdoo wouldn't call this disc overstable. It slots in between my Plasma Tangent and Plasma Entropy. It seems to out distance my Eagle Envy and maybe just as far as my Tangent, going to throw the three together. Also good for standstills.

The first field photo is standstills foreground Tempo, upper left Lizotte Hex, to the right Proton Hex.

2nd field photo full throw by distance Tempo, Lizotte, and way up there is the Proton about 30 feet ahead.

I gripped the others and they felt great except the Glitch. The Proton Paradox had a better grip than a Neutron Paradox. The Eclipse Servo about the same as my Plasma Servo. This is the third plastic with the Glitch that just felt bad to me. I did like the Eclipse Rim R2 I grip last fall, if I ever feel the need to pick one up that would be it.

At this point I would pick up Prism anything. I now have 4 of them Plasma Envy and Pyro, Eagle Envy, and now the Proton Hex. They feel and fly great. So I'm really looking forward to phase 2 when I pick up the Prism Proton Vanish and Prism Neutron Trance. Also the Eclipse Orbital.

Attachments

• 20240501_150111.jpg
    20240501_150111.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240423_104949.jpg
    20240423_104949.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240423_104631.jpg
    20240423_104631.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the reminder on the tempo, I meant to look last night at release time but when I look now my two regular internet shops up here are both sold out. Luckily I snagged one from another reputable dealer at 169 G. Be happy to try that out I was pretty impressed with a circuit challenge one. When I feel like packing extra plastic it definitely lowers my score, it took a spot for my most stable Envy which it does better. I can absolutely bomb that thing straight and I don't have to worry about it not fading, I can also shape a Flex Shot with it and do fun stuff around trees while still getting a mid-range kind of distance. FH straight forever and I don't have to back off and I can be a little sloppy (extra anny) on my angles.

On a weird and random note or more of a random result I managed to bomb a detour 10 ft past pin that I have never reached with a mid-range before. Nice hyzer flip uphill. Crazy distance, great line. I guess I'm not done with it yet.

I just noticed looking through the MVP Pro Shop site that there was a run of prototype Proton Watts. Anyone manage to snag one of them? How do they compare to the Neutron ones?

I just noticed looking through the MVP Pro Shop site that there was a run of prototype Proton Watts. Anyone manage to snag one of them? How do they compare to the Neutron ones?
They 150class only. And they now selling for 60+
Cause... MVP likes to encourage scalping and flipping by how they sell this crap. ugh.

Id' have been pretty pimped to get a fission teliport too. But sold out, So people can flip them.

Yes the sudden appearance of collectors in the gyro realm are annoying. Like I'm glad that they're all seeing the light about how great the discs are but there's some people that are just stupid about hoarding they try to buy every color that's out there so that it's a complete set and they are decimating the stock to artificially increase the value on things like Lizotte Hexs.. when I buy a collector's disc it's often something that I want to throw and I buy two or three and throw at least one in the disc bag, or the yard box more truthfully haha. And a few of my collector discs are some that are new and I just didn't get around to throwing at the time. I meant to but I probably bought too many and just hadn't made it down the pile to them yet

Yes the sudden appearance of collectors in the gyro realm are annoying. Like I'm glad that they're all seeing the light about how great the discs are but there's some people that are just stupid about hoarding they try to buy every color that's out there so that it's a complete set and they are decimating the stock to artificially increase the value on things like Lizotte Hexs.. when I buy a collector's disc it's often something that I want to throw and I buy two or three and throw at least one in the disc bag, or the yard box more truthfully haha. And a few of my collector discs are some that are new and I just didn't get around to throwing at the time. I meant to but I probably bought too many and just hadn't made it down the pile to them yet

Collectors appearing?

Its a bit more of the opposite if you ask me.

The collector market has crashed big time over the last 2 or 3 years, especially with the influx of simon joining. Absolutely killed the market with people who don't want anything but the cheapest discs. Then if they do collect anything, they are collecting weird crap like you're talking about. Stuff like "I want every lizottle hex color."

I'm over here like. "I got some tesla tesla's for 120 you can buy." And the response is nill.

Then you got the issue now too where people are looking for discs. "I want a PP blah blah in color yada yada"

"I got the exact disc right here for you, 55 dollars shipped."

And they get so angry and scream like childeren. "I'm not paying that, I can buy a brand new disc on amazon for 14 dollars with free shipping."

No, you can't buy this disc on amazon for 14 dollars with free shipping, because its not been made in 6 effing years and you wanted a specific disc that's really uncommon and now you dont wanna pay for it. You think I'm going to "give" it to you? You could wash my balls really good and I'm still not gonna give it to you.

It's not me being a hoarder, it's me recognizing that this disc is hard to get and playing the supply/demand game with you. This is how economies work and markets work. You want something special and unique, you gotta be willing to pay more. Otherwise take your shitty dry cake from the other piles and be happy.

The market is full of cheap skates who dont want to pay for old discs. You want the old stuff cause it fly better, but you dont wanna pay for it. My bad. goodbye. Just getting a bit sick of the tire kickers and people thinking that your rare 100 dollar disc, its okay to offer 30 dollars.
Are you on crack or something?

They made 200 of this disc. Period, thats it. And it was 8 years ago.
no you can't have it for 30 dollars.

Like the tesla tesla's are... 1000 made I think? somewhere around there.
100-150 was the going rate.

Now people not interested unless you wanna sell it for 30.
No, you can't have it for 30.
You cannot even shake my hand for 30, filthy casual! =D

Let's be real here for a second - collectors have been charging prices that are too high for discs they consider to be rare for decades. See the historic prices of USDGC Rocs for example. They're discs nobody was buying to throw, and solely inflated the collectors market for collecting.

People now are way more strapped for cash than they were back then. They're shopping pragmatically. Rare, USEFUL stuff is still rare, but there's also another mold out there from at least six other manufacturers (and sometimes the same one) that do the same thing, without the collectors price - and there are several reputable disc golf sites online that sell some of the discs collectors are gouging, at their proper retail prices. The test flight kratos and drive are perfect examples - you can buy them for what, $35-40 if you find them in stock, but collectors are regularly trying to get $150 for them lately. If you want those prices, you're only going to be able to get them from other collectors, because people who are looking for discs for their bag aren't looking to carry around $3000 worth of discs in a 20 disc bag, or lose a disc in the woods that cost them $300.

The price is what the market will bear, regardless of what you want to sell it for - and people are broke right now.

Cause... MVP likes to encourage scalping and flipping by how they sell this crap. ugh.

It's not me being a hoarder, it's me recognizing that this disc is hard to get and playing the supply/demand game with you. This is how economies work and markets work. You want something special and unique, you gotta be willing to pay more. Otherwise take your shitty dry cake from the other piles and be happy.

MVP doesn't encourage anyone to do anything. This has everything to do with the market, as you have stated. And it's a market you also willingly participate in. If MVP is going to test run Watts in Proton but only 3/10 were viable (just an example, I have no clue why they had that limited run available) and the other 7 were waste product then they have two problems. They may have a couple hundred proton watts laying around while also having to back to the drawing board to figure out the molding issue they had.

I think it's fun that they have these limited runs, I think it's fun that they have these midnight releases of OTB molds. It's really cool (for me) to get unique stamps, or unique plastic blends and often times they are a talking point on the courses. Sometimes I miss the boat, like on the Proton Watt...would love to have one but I didn't get there in time and I am not going to pay the premium for one.

My beef with MVP was the same as most people...it's nice to have these limited runs, one-off plastic blends, custom stamps, etc. But I want these to be an addition to well-supplied stock inventory across multiple retailers. It seems like they have been doing a good job addressing that this year and I hope that continues. The OTB stuff, or limited pro-shop stuff is fun when we can still go get the normal stuff on the shelves. It's not fun when we have hexes and glitches being shoved down our throats and all we want to buy is a freaking prism proton pyro.

That said...the sales of those two discs likely funded a few new molding machines and will eventually pay-off by increasing their volume supply...

Yeah it especially annoys me the old stuff isn't more valuable and they are stupid about what people figure is a "variant" colour 🙄. I'm glad they shoved lizotte hexs down everyone's throat and dropped the value on them. In my view people are collecting the wrong stuff but if they just got into MVP in the last two years that's their marker to what they know. I was trading a trance for a detour and the guy asked me about a watermelon envy, I said yeah I haven't thrown it maybe I could let it go... $35?.. 😅 I explained they hadn't been made in 10yrs and it would take $100 to get it off my shelf.

I'm with StrunkFlugget on the resupply, I barely snatched a single OTB soft tempo a day after release, looking forward to throwing that, it pains me to think more than half of those are probably in plastic bags.

. . . My beef with MVP was the same as most people...it's nice to have these limited runs, one-off plastic blends, custom stamps, etc. But I want these to be an addition to well-supplied stock inventory across multiple retailers.

^ This. So much this.

I also want MVP to get their consistent molding mojo back. Particularly Waves. The domey-topped ones from the last few years are either too beefy (Neutron) or too flippy (Fission).

Bring back the magic flat-topped Waves!

^ This. So much this.

I also want MVP to get their consistent molding mojo back. Particularly Waves. The domey-topped ones from the last few years are either too beefy (Neutron) or too flippy (Fission).

Bring back the magic flat-topped Waves!
That DGLO waves were all pretty flat topped when I got mine. Could it be a stamping thing? It's also way beefier than any of my other waves...

That DGLO waves were all pretty flat topped when I got mine. Could it be a stamping thing? It's also way beefier than any of my other waves...

Waves changed when MVP changed its molding setup so I have always assumed it is a molding thing. Interesting about the DGLO Waves, though.

A poster here once described Neutron Waves as "riding a knife edge of stability". Straightest noodle-friendly distance driver ever. For years I could order replacements that flew exactly the same. Plasma was similar but slightly more turn. Those are the Waves I wish were still made. 😞

Waves changed when MVP changed its molding setup so I have always assumed it is a molding thing. Interesting about the DGLO Waves, though.

A poster here once described Neutron Waves as "riding a knife edge of stability". Straightest noodle-friendly distance driver ever. For years I could order replacements that flew exactly the same. Plasma was similar but slightly more turn. Those are the Waves I wish were still made. 😞
I've found mine pretty consistent, if I'm honest. I've got a 154g Fission that's unreasonably flippy, but each flies relatively the same, for its weight. I've got a 156 Cosmic Neutron that's definitely a step flippier than the 168g Neutrons I've got - but no more than you'd expect from dropping that much weight. It's also flatter on top. The 168g Fission one has than extra .5 turn for sure. The 171g Neutrons fly the same, and just that hair more stable than the 168g, and the DGLO one is 172g, a bit flatter on top, and basically doesn't turn - I've thrown it into a 35mph headwind and it just laserbeamed.

I'm sure they're different from the old ones, just like the Photons are different from the old mold, but I haven't really seen what I'd consider inconsistency - at least not coming from Discraft, where I've got 6 max weight ESP Scorches that all fly like completely different discs, and 6 max weight Zeuses of various plastic that do the same.