• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Motion

... actually, I forgot about my Skulboy Teslas, which I've also thrown in the field, so I've thrown 6 different Teslas (o_O), though I've only thrown 3 of them on the course.

My bag is almost entirley MVP. Besides putter the only disc I carry regularly that is not MVP or axiom is a firebird (a destroyer or quasar once in a while) . I have been very reluctant to voice it because I don't wanna be the guy saying the cliche "oh this disc kills that disc" thing but I have to say their is a part of me that wants that to change soon with this thing coming out. We'll have to see. It's obviously gonna be faster, but sometimes with overstable fast discs the speed thing gets more incidental because you almost never actually get the disc up to speed. And if it's a faster version of the shock, than I'm optimistic the motion could take on my FB duties. Not a big deal either way, but with my bag trending that way it would offer some symmetry. But whatever gets it done.

Its overstable design satisfies those players who face headwinds or otherwise desire a reliably turn-resistant distance driver. It can be described as an extra-long Resistor, in that it has a long straight flight before a guaranteed fade, with excellent torque and wind resistance.

This is the BEEFY MVP Distance Driver!

Overstable for all arm speeds and skills
Speed: roughly faster than Shock, as Shock is faster than Resistor (20, 18.5, and 17mm)
Extends range of Resistor and Shock lines
THE wind-busting MVP Distance driver!

idk menace i think it might be what your looking for

Its overstable design satisfies those players who face headwinds or otherwise desire a reliably turn-resistant distance driver. It can be described as an extra-long Resistor, in that it has a long straight flight before a guaranteed fade, with excellent torque and wind resistance.

This is the BEEFY MVP Distance Driver!

Overstable for all arm speeds and skills
Speed: roughly faster than Shock, as Shock is faster than Resistor (20, 18.5, and 17mm)
Extends range of Resistor and Shock lines
THE wind-busting MVP Distance driver!

idk menace i think it might be what your looking for

It really just depends on how it can handle forhand flex, and just plain over torqued sloppy form FH, type shots. That combined with the feel are the two things that haven't gotten the firebird out of the bag for me. But with how sick the tesla is to forhand I'm petty confident this next step in overstability will be a great Power flick disc. Really the question will likely be whether I will leave a champion and star firebird in the car or not for when the wind gets crazy.

It really just depends on how it can handle forhand flex, and just plain over torqued sloppy form FH, type shots. That combined with the feel are the two things that haven't gotten the firebird out of the bag for me. But with how sick the tesla is to forhand I'm petty confident this next step in overstability will be a great Power flick disc. Really the question will likely be whether I will leave a champion and star firebird in the car or not for when the wind gets crazy.

It would be nice if its a skip happy disc too. The tesla is the only MVP I have that gets a good skip regularly, and even it doesn't really get that good hard skip I get from a Max or D2.

I'm about to throw a 168g, Green Einstein General Relativity Edition MVP Neutron Motion... more to come.

Seriously, how long does it take you to throw it? Does MVP make you hold back on reviews until a certain date or what?

I'm dying ova here!

If that is the general relativity edition, I wonder what the special relativity edition is going to look like :rolleyes:

Well, the theory of General Relativity was preceded by the theory of Special Relativity, so if they have already gone for the General Relativity version, then a Special Relativity version would just be a step backwards.

he's had some crazy weather. here are some Motion thoughts he posted on the FB fan group...

xlhammy on fb said:
The Motion is a beefy big brother to the Resistor. And, I say the Resistor specifically because it feels like it is just a larger version of that disc whereas the Shock has a little more unique feel, thicker feel to the core and different experience throwing IMHO. The Motion has a decent amount of glide and will fly straight right off the bat with a harder, more pronounced fade than the Tesla. If thrown with hyzer it keeps the angle and then fades harder. It will not flip up. Not even a little bit. MVP calls it the beefy DD, and that's exactly what it is. Cannon arms like MikeC will love this disc immensely. Can't wait to pull this one out on a 25-30mph headwind day and test it's stability even more. (Not gonna chuck it into a tornado system at the moment If you are looking for massive skips off of a DD, you're gonna like this disc.

Sorry guys - threw the disc Monday night, and then had torrential downpours, tornado warnings and flooding last night and have been dealing with the damage all day. Thank you Zam for posting my thoughts from the fan group (which I posted while in the basement waiting for the Tornado warnings to pass.)

Long story short, the big arms are going to love this disc, and those who don't view the Tesla as a true windfighter will be very pleased with this mold.

I'll add onto my FB comments to say that I really like the fact this does not have a very deep, thick rim to it. If you have huge hands, you might not appreciate that, but I don't have Shaq fingers, so I can get a good grip on this and let it rip. For me, this will be a great windfighter, dogleg left and spike hyzer disc. People who throw FH for big D should enjoy this one as well.

I'm going to make a prediction as well: I think the Motion might put Mike C off of Quasars for good. ;-)

Since I know many of you enjoy disc profile comparisons, here's a comparison with the Tesla on the left, and Motion on the right. Happy to snap pics next to other discs if anyone is curious.

14178756642_33d5862d16_z.jpg

Anything of note stick out as surprising or any glaring comparisons come to mind?

Interesting that the bottom part of the wing looks less flared than the Tesla?

Last edited:
Id love to see a full profile of it alone. Looks to have a little more raise to the core flight plate than a resistor...? Curious if you have ever thrown a flick and how it might compare.

Last edited: