• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

It's like a dream, but I don't have to wake up :D

I think I just heard a Firebird cry a little

Proton Resistor finally! Going to order a bunch when I get the chance.

I just have no interest in a Proton Resistor. Neutron is perfect for this mold. But...still glad to see it offered in more than one plastic.

I just have no interest in a Proton Resistor. Neutron is perfect for this mold. But...still glad to see it offered in more than one plastic.

I get way better grip with Proton plastic so I have been waiting for this combination for a long time. Neutron Resistors are great, but having something I can throw more consistently will be very nice.

I get way better grip with Proton plastic so I have been waiting for this combination for a long time. Neutron Resistors are great, but having something I can throw more consistently will be very nice.

Agreed. I think proton has more grip as well. But I hate that the proton can sometimes lead to higher shoulders and therefore a deeper feeling disc. And if the proton resistor ends up being taller, that means less wind resistance, which is what I use the disc for!! So hopefully MVP doesn't get this one wrong. Because proton feels amazing to me.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of slowing down from a Motion to a Resistor. What would be the advantages of using the Resistor?

I'm thinking of slowing down from a Motion to a Resistor. What would be the advantages of using the Resistor?

The Resistor powers down easier than the Motion. I throw both and I generally end up throwing the Resistor more. It takes less power to get it going, but it won't be as overstable as a Motion.

^But still can fight even the heaviest of headwinds. For me, I play in a lot of wind, and it is just so darn controllable.

Last edited:

They're super comfortable in the hand. The compact rim combined with the stupid flat flight plate gives me one of the cleanest rips on any mold I've ever thrown.

They power down really well into the beefy mid territory, they retain stability forever and they're just really useful in the bag.

I also really like how they fly in lower weights. Currently I am bagging a 164g and I can still rip on it (400 ft. of power) and it will never turn. It just flies straight for a while and then reliably finishes hyzer.

The final bonus of the Resistor is that all of the ones that I have thrown are molded in the older run, firm Neutron which gets amazingly grippy once the gloss wears off.

Agreed. I think proton has more grip as well. But I hate that the proton can sometimes lead to higher shoulders and therefore a deeper feeling disc. And if the proton resistor ends up being taller, that means less wind resistance, which is what I use the disc for!! So hopefully MVP doesn't get this one wrong. Because proton feels amazing to me.

It's nice to meet someone else that prefers Proton. I guess I have never really experienced any issues with the discs feeling different between plastics, but that would be unfortunate with the Resistor because how it feels is what makes it so great. I'm planning on stocking up either way.

Smaller rim size for your child hands :). 150 vs max wt give little more unique flight vs motions which are still very OS at 150g+. Resistor holds up to headwind and is just as OS but gives a little more control.

Resistor is dope i just like the faster mold better being im not trying to finesse OS drivers anyway. Phase was too much though.

Since I tend to use my Motion for a lot more touch shots, I thought I would improve my accuracy with a slower mold that did something very similar. Thanks everybody

It's nice to meet someone else that prefers Proton.

I was beginning to think I was the only one! I am a champion over star plastic person and so was immediately drawn to proton when I decided to branch out from Innova. Proton is like a grippier Champion and I am hooked on it.

I guess I have never really experienced any issues with the discs feeling different between plastics, but that would be unfortunate with the Resistor because how it feels is what makes it so great. I'm planning on stocking up either way.

Yeah, I'm probably talking out of my rump like usual. I'm just so disappointed that my proton Ion is much taller than my electron and plasma. And I'm not the only one to notice this size difference. But, looking at my proton Volt, it is flatter than my plasma volt. And looking at a Resistor, it is designed so darn flat on top, I don't think there is any shoulder to pop up on the disc.

Last edited:
Since I tend to use my Motion for a lot more touch shots, I thought I would improve my accuracy with a slower mold that did something very similar. Thanks everybody

Slowing down to improve accuracy is something a lot of players don't understand. Hilarious for me to see so many Ams throwing 12-13 speed discs and struggling. Get that Resistor in your bag and don't look back.

I too prefer Proton but I've already got 3 Neutrons and these hold their beef really well. Maybe I can trade a N for OPP later.