• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP vector VS FLX Drone

mojorisin35

Birdie Member
Anybody who has thrown both, could you please compare them for me? Similarities differences and perceived advantages over each other.
Thank you
Gary

They are completely different. The Vector flies like a more overstable buzz, its comparable to a wasp. I had a Vector for a while but never reached for it much because it wasn't too different from my glo buzz. The Drone is a meat hook, very overstable. I use the drone for hyzers, flex shots and forehand. The Drone is one of my all time favorite discs. The Vector is much longer and will fly straighter with a little fade at the end. The Drone starts its fade very early but can handle tons of power.

Last edited:
They are not similar at all. Vector has glide and goes straight most of the way before fading. Drones do not glide much at all and will hyzer way earlier in the flight and much harder. Both are good molds but they fulfill different purposes. It's kind of like comparing a teebird to a firebird.

You would have to get a freak vector for it to fly anything like a drone(not likely). Or you would have to have a super beat drone. Drone is far more stable, and much less glide then a vector.

The closest you're going to get to having a Vector that flies like a Drone is a first run, and even then I don't think they're anywhere close to being as overstable.

I own and have had both in the bag at one point or another. My point of comparison is a FLX Drone and an Eclipse Vector similarly weighted. Ive seen the Drone thru more stages of wear because it's much older, I haven't really beaten the vector up that much. It's in the beginning stages of seasoning.

They're both quite overstable. I don't agree with anyone saying a Vector is comparable to a Wasp in stability (...and I'm throwing them over 300' for reference). A Vector is much more overstable, not quite as much as a Drone, but definitely more fade than a Wasp. Comparing them to discraft OS mids it'd fit between a Hornet and Drone IMO. It has more HSS than a hornet, comparable LSS, but not quite the glide (definitely more glide and speed than a Drone, however).

My one beef with a vector is it's not easy distance. I really have to mash it (like a Drone shot) to get any decent D, the only difference there being I can actually get the Vector's flight to flat/straight (talking flat release, not flex/anny shots) whereas the Drone almost immediately starts hyzering. It handles wind well - it doesn't really flip or move much laterally into a headwind.

If you're looking for a solid OS mid to play in wind or add some shorter skip shots into your arsenal I think the Hornet is more versatile choice. I find when either my Vector or Drone is in the bag I don't reach for it except in extreme circumstances.

The drone is too overstable imo and you shouldn't need one if you know how to shape lines with a much less meaty mid such as the vector.

I've never even felt a vector but I'm pretty sure they suck.

LOL, a psychic? Both are awesome discs. The Vector is my main mid. If you put it beside a Wasp, the molds are almost identical. If you already have a work horse mid, just get the Drone. You'll like it.

Not too much additional I can add here...i agree with all the posts about the two being opposite...I also agree with the post about how much strength a drone can handle...it is crazy...I use the drone almost exclusively as a Mid-Range FH disc.

two different discs. i'd use the vector as a wasp or roc replacement. the drone is more stable than a vector, for sure. i would disagree that a less stable mid is all you need for shaping lines. the drone performs in the wind when other mids can't. it can handle power and also shapes lines pretty well itself. especially sidearm approaches.

Latest posts