• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Wave

Not sure how many there are for sale out there on the webz but if you come across any of the HOFC stamps like this one for sale on ebay…

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MVP-Axiom-Wave-Hall-Of-Fame-Classic-Stamp-Rare-/223856898686(description says its nice and flat and that price isn't too crazy. The ones I got were both $20 fund raiser discs)

These are the beefiest Waves I've comes across and I've had a dozen probably in various plastics. I've heard other people on here talk about theirs in similar ways too. They aren't as beefy as a fizz Photon but won't really burn on its own unless you mess up or have a really big arm. Its lateral fade is like nothing I have seen before, it carries forever on a slight hyzer angle. I've got a sparkle Wave that's pretty close resisting turn but its doesn't have its a brick once the fade kicks in but I've also had a sparkle that had a lot of late turn to it. I guess its a PLH thing for them. The HOFC isn't really all that different PLH wise to most of my other "normal" flight Waves.

The only problem with the HOFCs... is they all are in some ugly shade of orange or peachish… Mine are both burnt orange, which is fun in the fall.:sick:

Last edited:
Dammit ran out of time fixing typos...:D

Here's some ADHD in action if any of you have kids and look at their school work and notice this, you might want to get them tested...

resisting turn but its doesn't have its a brick once the fade kicks

This is what happens when someone with ADHD has two thought streams going on in theri head. Both find their way into what's written/typed...LOL

Last edited:
This is really one of MVP's more underrated drivers. I've been throwing a max weight domey Proton as my main distance disc this winter because it bombs with minimal effort. Even with snow and ice underfoot this disc can get out there.

I would really like a more HSS version if anyone knows any plastic/color/run that ended up with a high parting line. I really wish the Photon had more glide because it just pales in comparison to the Wave. I just got a Defy to test as a compliment and I'm hoping it has a more forward finish than the Photon.

What you are looking for is the HOF N Wave. If Iknew where any where at, I would have a stack of them. Should you see someone trading one, or in a used bin, grab it.

Just ordered a plasma wave as my first foray into higher speed discs. I'm hoping for a longer insanity. Bought it on kind of a whim so hopefully it works out lol

Should be close depending on whether you get a mutant or not. They are typically a -2 2 type of flight path on a hard flat throw but do have some variance depending on plastic. I have a HOF tourney stamp neutron that is more like -1 3 and used to have a sparkle proton that was more like a -3 1 but the turn was late in the flight. Was a unique disc and I was very mad the day that disc went into a tall tree and never could catch a glimpse of it. Plasma might have a bit more turn than an Insanity off the shelf but the higher speed should help with that.

The thing Waves really excel at, is throwing a sweeping fade type shot. A lot of people use more OS discs for that but just give the Wave a tad more height or hyzer angle than you would normally and they just sail to the left on a RHBH.

Should be close depending on whether you get a mutant or not. They are typically a -2 2 type of flight path on a hard flat throw but do have some variance depending on plastic. I have a HOF tourney stamp neutron that is more like -1 3 and used to have a sparkle proton that was more like a -3 1 but the turn was late in the flight. Was a unique disc and I was very mad the day that disc went into a tall tree and never could catch a glimpse of it. Plasma might have a bit more turn than an Insanity off the shelf but the higher speed should help with that.

The thing Waves really excel at, is throwing a sweeping fade type shot. A lot of people use more OS discs for that but just give the Wave a tad more height or hyzer angle than you would normally and they just sail to the left on a RHBH.

I'm okay with more of a -2,2 path. Im a bit afraid I don't quite have the arm for it yet. I get my insanity out to about a touch over 300'. However, some easily fixed bad form issues have come to light, so I'm hoping that changes this spring. I'm on a quest for 400' by fall!

I only dabbled in MVP a bit years ago but as far as the drivers I always found the Inertia and Wave very easy to throw.

Just ordered a plasma wave as my first foray into higher speed discs. I'm hoping for a longer insanity. Bought it on kind of a whim so hopefully it works out lol

It should work out.. I feel like it doesn't S as much as an insanity. I use my 155 plasma a lot as a utility/ max distance driver. Pretty solid at shaping a lot of lines and great glide. My neutron in same weight is beefier, not quite a different disc but throws like something 10g heavier.

It should work out.. I feel like it doesn't S as much as an insanity. I use my 155 plasma a lot as a utility/ max distance driver. Pretty solid at shaping a lot of lines and great glide. My neutron in same weight is beefier, not quite a different disc but throws like something 10g heavier.

Perfect! I have a 165 coming. They had a 159, but it was that God awful copper brown plasma color. Settled on the electric blue 165. This is the first new driver I've bought in a few seasons now, and the fastest one since I thought buying a Dominator as my 2nd disc ever was a good idea lol.

I don't get much S out of my insanity. It's pretty much either dead straight, or a slight turn, no coming back. It's also been my go to driver for 4 years. It's seen better days, but I love it! I might end up getting a fresh heavy plaz insanity to compliment my old proton too. Basically because I have a love affair with plasma plastic.

Haha my insanity was that color, I think I sold it.. Could never find it in yellow grass
They make plasma is some VERY unattractive colors. Some of them are awesome,but others make me wonder why they would even want to produce them....that copper color, that ugly mossy green, just gross.

They make plasma is some VERY unattractive colors. Some of them are awesome,but others make me wonder why they would even want to produce them....that copper color, that ugly mossy green, just gross.

The copper color is awesome! Hard to find but beautiful in flight.

Stay away from fall leaves!

Sounds pretty though.

I was actually more worried about the Green/red problem I have seeing red discs in long green grass but the grey rim breaks it up and I've never had a problem.

I hadn't even thought about buying an Insanity when they came out. I was pretty content with the Inertia at the time. But I just happened to be in the local shop a couple days after release day and saw that beauty... How could a loyal Buckeye fan not buy the thing?:D

My Insanity is the greatest color ever...

Scarlet and Grey...:D

Mines blue and white. I love the two tone color schemes, seems to stop the entire disc from blending in to a background....and it just dawned on me that all of my distance discs are blue. My insanity is blue with a white rim, wrath is a beautiful sparkling blue with an orange rim, and now that plasma wave that's on its way is electric blue with obviously a boring black rim.

Mines blue and white. I love the two tone color schemes, seems to stop the entire disc from blending in to a background....and it just dawned on me that all of my distance discs are blue. My insanity is blue with a white rim, wrath is a beautiful sparkling blue with an orange rim, and now that plasma wave that's on its way is electric blue with obviously a boring black rim.

There are some bad ones though. Axiom has this baby**** green color they use for the rims...:gross:

There are some bad ones though. Axiom has this baby**** green color they use for the rims...:gross:

Yeah I seen one on infinite I think it was where it was like a vomit peach color flight plate with a brownish looking rim. Pretty sure it was on a crave....it was there when I bought mine. Looks like something that was expelled from something sick.

Latest posts