• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My top 50

DGtourist

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I little more than a year ago I set out on a mission to play 50 courses and DGtourist was born. Most of the courses I've played are in the mountain time zone. I have traveled some, as you will see. Now that I've have finally played 50 courses. I give you my top 50. I hope this becomes 100 soon with a bigger variety of states. The only criteria I used was, "what course would I rather play."

Colorado Mountain College Glennwood Springs CO
Cottonmill Kearney NE
Pease Park Austin TX
Steamboat Springs CO
NAD Park Bremerton WA
Sundance Trail Ranch Red Feather lakes CO
Casper DGC Casper WY
Riverbend Park Palisades CO
Slaughter Creek Austin TX
North Seatac DGC Seatac WA
Cottonwood Creek DGC Colorado Springs CO
Lakewood King County Seattle WA
Pioneer Park DGC Sterling CO
Lake Fenwick Kent WA
Little Salt Wash Park Fruita CO
Seymour Smith Omaha NE
Mineral Springs North Park Seattle WA
Optimist DGC Ft. Morgan CO
Terrace Creek Mount Lake Terrace WA
Chautauqua Park Beatrice NE
Bird's Nest DGC Arvada CO
Twin Rivers Arlington WA
Matchette Grand Junction CO
Van Zee Park Port Orchard WA
Cache La Poudre Jr. High DGC La Porte CO
Expo Park Aurora CO
Dry Creek Cheyenne WY
Westminster DGC Westminster CO
Edora Ft. Collins CO
Harlow Platts Boulder CO
Aspen Mountain Aspen CO
Mylar Park Cheyenne WY
Zilker Park Short Course Austin TX
Bartholomew Park Austin TX
Juel Community Park Redmond WA
Loomiller Longmont CO
Pioneer Park Torrington WY
University of Northern Colorado DGC Greeley CO
Romero Park Cheyenne WY
Bert and Ernie Carbondale CO
Deer Run Park Sidney NE
West Lake Grand Junction CO
Moffat County DGC Craig CO
Flight to 9 North Platte NE
LaPrelle Laramie WY
Ferguson Park DGC Snohomish WA
Epple Park Greeley CO
Chimney Park Windsor CO
Burton Street Course Vashon Island WA
Eagle County Fairgrounds Eagle CO

Care to share your top ten-fifteen, twenty, two-hundred, what ever?

Of >200 played:

My Favorites

Course - ST- CIty- My Rating
Renaissance
NC, Charlotte 9.9
Winthrop Gold SC, Rock Hill. 9.8
Brandywine S.P. DE, Wilmington 9.7
Water Works MO, Kansas City 9.5
Lake Russell S.P. GA, Elberton 9.4
Walnut Creek VACharlottesville 9.4
La Mirada CA, LA (La Mirada ) 9.3
Cedarock NC, Burlington 9.1

I can only recommend a few. Here are a few I enjoy:

Jack Brooks Park-Hitchcock ,TX - Close to the coast and a really fun course with a few challenging holes.

Mc Dade Park - Conroe,TX :One of the prettiest courses I have ever played. Part of the course is an old housing edition that flooded out, and the houses were removed and they left all the landscaping.

River Grove Park -Kingwood,TX : One of the most challenging courses in the Houston area. Guaranteed to make you cuss. You will have to use ever skill you have to play this course. Heavily wooded and a real challenge.

Can anyone recommend any courses in the Cape Cod, Mass. area? Would love to get some rounds in.

"Michigan"

This list is my judgment on the overall course qualities (not just my personal favorites)

10. "River Bends" {Utica, Michigan} 24 Holes

9. "Chippewa Banks" {Midland, Michigan} 18 Holes (Must play if you play "Tittabawassee Park")

8. "Addison Oaks" {Leonard, Michigan} 24 holes

7. "Firefighters" {Troy, Michigan} Very Very Nice 18 Hole Course

6. "Stony Creek Metro Park" {Utica, Michigan} 24 Holes

5."Tittabawassee Park" {Freeland, Michigan}, Mainly wooded 18 Hole Course, mostly a finess course, except for Hole #3 witch is a bomb over a lake that ive only seen a couple people make it over. (alternate tee for hole 3 of course), Personally my favorite course!!!!!!

4. "Holly Woods DGC", {Holly, Michigan},Solid 18 Hole course, with option to play 9 or 18 at hole 8,has alot of variety from 3 open field shots in a row to tricky wooded holes (A must play)

3. "Cass Benton DGC", {Northville, Michigan}, Real nice 18 hole course, very nice variety, good wooded section that brings alot of challange but isnt too overwellming

2. "Kensington Metro Park", {Milford, Michigan}, Very nice 24 Hole Course, good variety, scenic course, overall very nice park

1."Mason County Park", (Beauty, Beast, and Goliath), {Ludington, Michigan}, These are 3 seperate 24 hole courses but there all inside of the same park so I consider it one "72 hole course", No fee for playing, and perfect layout ranging from open hill shots, to heavily wooded shots, to open field shots, every kind of shot you can think off, not to many water shots though. Very scenic, This course is worth the trip, you can even camp on the course if you want to.

Mason county sounds great. I've never been to a course with 72 holes. Probably a lot cooler than Mississippi right now too.

My top 16 favorite courses, eight from Florida, eight from Minnesota.

Florida
1. The Red Hawk-An amazingly long (9880 ft) 18 hole course in Crystal River. Home of The Player's Cup. Carts available for rent.
2. Cliff Steven's Park- Geat 18 Hole course in Clearwater. Lots of long shots and plenty of water. Climo's home course.
3. Saint Andrews Links- On a 18 hole Dunedin golf course. Plenty of wide open long holes. Carts available.
4. Ocala Greenway DGC-Scenic 24 hole course with a nice variety of holes.
5. Tocobaga-Challenging St. Pete course with a scenic final hole.
6. Limona-Fun little quick playing 9 hole course in Brandon.
7. Taylor Lake Park- Scenic and challenging course in Largo. Beware of the gators!
8. Lutz Executive DGC- Funky little course with mounds, located on a golf course.

Minnesota
1. Bryant Lake Park- Great course in Eden Prairie. Many different types of holes with some fun elevation.
2. North Valley Park- Challenging and scenic course in Inver Grove Heights.
3. Highland Park- Popular Saint Paul course that's a blast to play.
4. Rosland ParK- Well groomed and fun quick playing course in Edina.
5. C.P. Adams Park- Challenging course in Hastings with some unique holes.
6. Hansen Park- Fun little course in New Brighton.
7. Oakwood Park- Cottage grove, good variety of holes
8. Lakewood Hills- Challenging course in White Bear Lake with a fun downhill last hole.

1. Sanders Ferry Park - Hendersonville, Tenn.
2. Freeman Lake Park - Elizabethtown KY
3. Lake Cumberland State Park - Jamestown KY
4. Iroquois Park - Louisville KY
5. Mike Miller Park - Draffenville KY
6. Kereiakes Park - Bowling Green, KY
7. Radcliff Disc Golf - Radcliff, KY
8. American Legion Park - Glasgow, KY

The last one isn't a great course. It's only nine holes and par is set way too high. But I just like it anyway. The others are terrific courses.

I've played mostly Oregon courses and I can give you my take on the Oregon top 5,

1. Milo Mciver State Park-Estacada OR (gem of the state, hosts NT events)
2. Whistler's Bend-Roseburg OR (A bit out of the way, but a truly spectacular course)
3. Oakway-Eugene OR (Pay to play, but it's on a ball golf course and is one of the toughest tests of golfing ability I've ever seen, 18 holes 11,000+'
4. Pier Park-Portland OR (I think one of the best inner city courses ever)
5. Trojan Park-Rainier OR (10 holes play over water, amazing disc golf course and it's finally getting tee pads, with a little work this could be right there for number one.)

Idlewild, Burlington, KY
Granite Ridge, Highbridge Hills, WI
Pickard, Inianola, IA
Toboggan, Milford, MI
Moraine State Park, Portersville, PA

Top 5 off the top of my head as of now..from 543 courses played.

Latest posts