• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Osprey packs are sewn in Vietnam. Nothing wrong with that, but it lowers the cost. Also, they've got volume on their side.

Pound bags are sewn by hand, one at a time, in the USA. And have top-notch warranty repairs. If you'll ever need them. They're pricy. And they're more comfortable and detail oriented than any other DG pack I've ever seen. I think that is important for a pack you are going to carry different ways (one shoulder two shoulders, by the grab handle) and you're going to pick up and put down 50+ times per round.

But yeah, spendy. And the best investment I have made in DG (except for a lesson).

Made in the USA and great customer service goes a long way! That makes sense. Hopefully I'll run into someone on the course with this bag so I can check it out.

Thanks haier2, great suggestion. I typically don't carry a completely full main compartment and substituting the drink insert as a disc divider worked well today

I just got my 2018 Sexton Octothorpe. It was kind of an impulse buy. I love the look and the way it feels on my back. I researched quite a bit but I didn't realize that there isn't any rails or reinforcement on the bottom of the bag. I'm excited to use the bag but a little bummed that the bottom isn't even as sturdy as the $80 hero pack. I NEVER drag my bag but after 100's of rounds i wore holes on edges of a few different bags over the years. I will probably be adding the skid protectors to bottom myself. Just wondering if anybody has worn holes in the bottom?

I just got my 2018 Sexton Octothorpe. It was kind of an impulse buy. I love the look and the way it feels on my back. I researched quite a bit but I didn't realize that there isn't any rails or reinforcement on the bottom of the bag. I'm excited to use the bag but a little bummed that the bottom isn't even as sturdy as the $80 hero pack. I NEVER drag my bag but after 100's of rounds i wore holes on edges of a few different bags over the years. I will probably be adding the skid protectors to bottom myself. Just wondering if anybody has worn holes in the bottom?

I beat the crap out of mine and it still looked "like new" two years in. In fact, it has a new owner now (the bag is just too big for my needs).

Use it and abuse it. It's an amazing bag. Levi and crew are always helpful.

Here's hoping what I call the "Half Pound" will come out as expected this summer for those of who don't carry 30 discs.

I do have some concerns about their expanded operation affecting quality. I have not seen any 2018's so I really cannot judge for myself.

Pb

Dose anyone use a divider or Stand in the main compartment when not needing to fill it up? I usually carry a full bag of 5 putters and 18 in the main but I am looking to cut a few discs to make Tournament choices easier...Maybe just move 3 putters down to the main...thanks for any help

I have a piece of foam to eat up space and it weighs nothing. I keep the foam in a big zip lock so it doesn't degrade and end up in bits at the bottom of my bag. I stick it on the same side as my drink to help distribute weight.

Gorilla Boy sells some nice dividers that you might try. The foam is a good idea, too.

I used an old Nutsac (without the strap) as a means of partitioning my old Octothorpe. Weight was certainly an issue but it never bothered me.

Does anyone put the insert in the main compartment? Does it fit? Sometime I don't take a full load of discs out and I'm thinking the insert could take up space so the discs don't slide around.

My girlfriend and I finally got our custom Pound toolboxes! We were both very excited for these, and they came out great as expected. So much easier to carry all my backups now, instead of carrying my Golf Mahal in my trunk I now have the much smaller toolbox.

41929124621_94483d3b4d_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1992 by strauss95, on Flickr[/IMG]

27059115057_c079e33e89_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1989 by strauss95, on Flickr[/IMG]

41929125151_d734c584dc_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1976 by strauss95, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
My girlfriend and I finally got our custom Pound toolboxes! We were both very excited for these, and they came out great as expected. So much easier to carry all my backups now, instead of carrying my Golf Mahal in my trunk I now have the much smaller toolbox.

Great shots! :thmbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where else to put this, so here goes:

I've started having some trouble with the Hydrapak water reservoir/hose that I bought with my Octo. At the end where the hose disconnects from the reservoir, that interface has gotten tougher and tougher to work. It got to the point where last weekend, trying to remove the hose, I accidentally pulled the fitting loose from that end of the hose. Lost some water, but was no trouble to get it re-inserted. Have managed to use the hose release system successfully since then, just need to be a little gentler. Make sure to pull on the fitting itself, not the hose.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any solution, besides just being careful with it?

Not sure where else to put this, so here goes:

I've started having some trouble with the Hydrapak water reservoir/hose that I bought with my Octo. At the end where the hose disconnects from the reservoir, that interface has gotten tougher and tougher to work. It got to the point where last weekend, trying to remove the hose, I accidentally pulled the fitting loose from that end of the hose. Lost some water, but was no trouble to get it re-inserted. Have managed to use the hose release system successfully since then, just need to be a little gentler. Make sure to pull on the fitting itself, not the hose.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any solution, besides just being careful with it?

Same problem.

1. Be more careful. Use your thumbnail to pull from the fitting, not the hose.

2. Cut 1/2" off the hose and reinsert--it provides a tighter fit for a while (same reason I like to visit your mom BEFORE the rest of the TEAM shows up).

I read the all posts and didn't see anything definitive. I have one of the first run octothorpes. I was debating either the zuca EZ cart or the Zuca LG. Does anyone have experience with either? I saw I think one photo of the octothorpe but I don't think it was in the Zuca LG

The LG specs are 11 D X 16 W X 20 H..I have seen a pic of a octothorpe in an regular zuca backpack cart and it looked tight..I think an LG would work great...I am deciding on the LG or a Ridge Rolller.

Octothorpe

I read the all posts and didn't see anything definitive. I have one of the first run octothorpes. I was debating either the zuca EZ cart or the Zuca LG. Does anyone have experience with either? I saw I think one photo of the octothorpe but I don't think it was in the Zuca LG

Both will work but you need fenders or the tires rub on the bag. I won an ez cart but didnt keep it because i have a delta. Problem is bag rubbing fenders. Rolls really well. Better than my delta actually.