• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] New fairways - Notch, Arch

Finally. An understable FW and a meathook FW are in dire need.

Its about time. Vibram doesn't seem too worried about putting out many molds.

I really wish they'd had these ready for the Birdie Bash (and I'm sure they do too). It would have been a great way to try these, as I'll probably pass on them otherwise.

I'm uh....confused. The Ascent is already fairly Teebird-esque. The Trak is kind of Leopard-y. I love all things Vibram, so I'm sure I'll try them out, but I'm wanting a Vibram Roadrunner and Firebird!

I'm uh....confused. The Ascent is already fairly Teebird-esque. The Trak is kind of Leopard-y. I love all things Vibram, so I'm sure I'll try them out, but I'm wanting a Vibram Roadrunner and Firebird!

I don't think that's what it is... rubber always flies differently than plastic. My $.02. A big reason why VDG doesn't put out so many molds is so that there aren't clones, in my humble opinion... if someone wanted a bunch of molds, Innova already does that. (Full disclosure: I also like Innova...)

Yeah the Notch could be more stable the a Teebird, It just looks like a Teebird from the side profile wing shape. Maybe a touch higher PLH which could put it in the true zero turn territory or maybe Banshee/FB depending on the wing width, I think the Ascent has a tick of turn though especially in a headwind. From the one I had anyway.

These could also be in the 1.7 rim width range, not the 1.9 (speed 9) of the Trak and Ascent. Will be interested just to see the specs.

The tester team wasn't involved with these at all... unless the Arch is a modified version of the Valley. Can't complain though... I will be happy to see new Vibram on the PDGA approved list.

These could also be in the 1.7 rim width range, not the 1.9 (speed 9) of the Trak and Ascent. Will be interested just to see the specs.

That would be interesting but I am thinking these will end up complementing the Trak and Ascent. Steve has always been adamant about sticking with the 16 disc model. Then again, they have always had consistency issues with the Ascent... maybe it will be cancelled and replaced with the Notch.

The Arch looks similar to the Valley except they beefed up the nose to add stability and hopefully more depth under the rim.

Figured I'd mention this here, as it has to do with the current discussion over stability... but Maple Hill Disc Golf noted the PLHs of the new fairways. Presumably the lower PLH of the Arch translates to less stability. Is this correct?

Has anyone examined PLH? Is it a reliable indicator of stability?

That would be interesting but I am thinking these will end up complementing the Trak and Ascent. Steve has always been adamant about sticking with the 16 disc model. Then again, they have always had consistency issues with the Ascent... maybe it will be cancelled and replaced with the Notch.

The Arch looks similar to the Valley except they beefed up the nose to add stability and hopefully more depth under the rim.

I wonder if he just meant that in terms of making it their base from which to work. Seems like if Vibram is only going to put out 16 molds total, it'll be tough to keep up in a growing market.

Either way, I'm looking forward to some new Vibram. It's been awhile since I've thrown any.

Latest posts