• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Ohio Courses

Love the new tees at Alum, but I would call them proper Blue tees, not necessarily Gold. I've seen a 50 shot from those tees and a lot of mid 50s. Maybe recolor them as Red/White/Blue tees.

I just added Walnut Hills in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. The course doesn't have tee signs yet, but I took pictures of the holes and included them on the course page. The course is mostly in the open (it's on the land of a closed golf course) and it's LONG. I'm an intermediate player and shot +4, only carding one bird from 100ft out.

I just added Walnut Hills in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. The course doesn't have tee signs yet, but I took pictures of the holes and included them on the course page. The course is mostly in the open (it's on the land of a closed golf course) and it's LONG. I'm an intermediate player and shot +4, only carding one bird from 100ft out.
Thanks for adding the course and the pics!

New 9 hole course being installed in West Portsmouth, Ohio... just read about it this morning. Really strange considering I am building a course about 15 miles away. Wish I would have known sooner. Going to check it out on my way home from work.

What's up with the circular holes in the tee pads? Looks great though, it is open, but it is nice to have choices in the area.

What's up with the circular holes in the tee pads? Looks great though, it is open, but it is nice to have choices in the area.

I suspected that's the location for a surface mounted plate indicating hole number and distance to pin. :confused: Some of the old Steady Ed courses in Cincinnati have them. They've held up over three decades pretty well in some places.
f59bb22b.jpg

Any news on the course being planned in Ontario, Ohio?

From the city park facebook page:

"We're still waiting for a final course lay-out. The goal is to begin construction as early as possible this spring."

Just a heads up, Sycamore Creek Church sold the land they're going to build a home complex there, so enjoy the course while you can.

Aren't the baskets being donated to another course though?. If so it'll likely be an improvement. I know Sycamore has its following, but to me it's the second best course in Pickerington, and nowhere near the top 5 in Columbus. Hopefully it's successor will have more length and variety.

Aren't the baskets being donated to another course though?. If so it'll likely be an improvement. I know Sycamore has its following, but to me it's the second best course in Pickerington, and nowhere near the top 5 in Columbus. Hopefully it's successor will have more length and variety.

Was talk of the church down the street buying the baskets and making a new one, but they haven't bought them or anything yet or followed through. Yeah it's the second best in Pickerington but it's never fun to lose a course.

Not sure of its current status but it was marked extinct fairly recently. My youngest went to school at the college there this past year, and the course was gone that whole time. It is interesting to search for courses, but check 'show extinct courses'. So many are gone...

Even if it's there, it's not worth it to go more than 10 minutes out of your way to play it...

But like sisyphus said, I think the baskets have been pulled

Wanted to update the current status of Arboretum-Spiker Park in Canton:

The Hall of Fame Village project is developing existing wetlands over by the stadium into youth playing fields. Wetlands that are constructed on need to be replaced, and unfortunately the City of Canton has selected Arboretum Park for this purpose. The wetland mitigation project started about a week ago and has permanently destroyed holes 15-19, and construction is directly affecting holes 1-5 making them unplayable. We are not certain what will be left for holes 1-5 after the project is completed, what we are certain of is that this course will have to undergo a redesign. If anyone visits the park, holes 6-14 on the Spiker side are still unharmed along with holes 20-24. I went out yesterday to view what has been done and to play the Spiker side, it was tough to see this course in it's current state.

Thanks to Pete Caldwell's perseverance, he was able to update us today that Johnson Hills Park (Anderson Township, Cincinnati) should have its first nine baskets installed this week. The head of the park department did a final walkthrough today with him & reported they'll install the signage today & the Mach X's tomorrow. It's been over 14 years in the political phase & over a year in the making, so far. It's going to be a fun course (eventually 18 holes with multiple options, in a really pretty, wooded & hilly park). :thmbup:

..ps, sorry to hear about Arboretum/Spiker. Hope the changes wind up working out...

Latest posts