• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Ultiworld Podcast

JTacoma03

* Ace Member *
Hey everyone!

Ultiworld Disc Golf is very excited to announce our newest podcast - The Inside Line! This is the brainchild of Mahmoud Bahrani, who also hosts the show, and we're really stoked to have him on the team.

Check it out!

Description from our site:
Welcome to a new Ultiworld Disc Golf podcast: The Inside Line! The show tackles big disc golf issues through the lens of the most important part of the sport: courses and course design. Episodes will generally range from 15-25 minutes, perfect for listening on your way to the course.

I listened to it and I'm mad already...

...I gotta two weeks for more of that smack?

Seriously, I am super looking forward to Mahmoud's next podcast and may it have a long run!

Hey everyone!

Ultiworld Disc Golf is very excited to announce our newest podcast - The Inside Line! This is the brainchild of Mahmoud Bahrani, who also hosts the show, and we're really stoked to have him on the team.

Check it out!

Description from our site:
Welcome to a new Ultiworld Disc Golf podcast: The Inside Line! The show tackles big disc golf issues through the lens of the most important part of the sport: courses and course design. Episodes will generally range from 15-25 minutes, perfect for listening on your way to the course.

Been trying all week to find this on my podcast app.

Been trying all week to find this on my podcast app.

Oh bummer, which app are you using, and are you able to get The Upshot on it? I'll ask about it (I don't handle the podcast publishing).

Oh bummer, which app are you using, and are you able to get The Upshot on it? I'll ask about it (I don't handle the podcast publishing).

I use iCatcher and it gets to everything including Upshot. Inside Line is not in main feeds yet.

Update on the Apple issue - it's been pending approval for 4 days, they're really slow to green light it for whatever reason (they haven't told us).

We're bummed too, hopefully this will change shortly. In the meantime, we do have an embedded player on our website, though I know it's not as seamless as a podcast app.

For lack of a better place to put this, I'm just checking in to say that I am a huge fan of the Ultiworld podcast. Disc golf is a pretty small sport to have a show of this quality. There's no fluff with this show.

Right from the start of each episode, they waste no time getting right down to business talking about the current topics I'm interested in. Charlie and Jamie make a great pairing. They're smart and insightful and I don't find them annoying (and I'm easily annoyed). When they disagree, it's respectful. No shouting the other guy down or not letting him finish, which so much of sports media is about now.

But the best part of the show for me is they're not afraid to tackle controversial subjects. With a lot of the DG media, you can tell that it's a close-knit community and there are friendships with the players that affect the coverage. At least it seems that way to me. But Charlie and Jamie tell it like they see it, always respectful, but with the kid gloves taken off.

Great job, guys.

Listened to the 1st ep of The Inside Line (on stitcher, for anyone who might be wondering where else you can find it) and it was comprehensive but left me wanting to hear more. Really nice contemplative premise of the show. Mahmoud does a great job of posing a question in the beginning, and letting us fill in the blanks for our own answer.

For lack of a better place to put this, I'm just checking in to say that I am a huge fan of the Ultiworld podcast. Disc golf is a pretty small sport to have a show of this quality. There's no fluff with this show.

Right from the start of each episode, they waste no time getting right down to business talking about the current topics I'm interested in. Charlie and Jamie make a great pairing. They're smart and insightful and I don't find them annoying (and I'm easily annoyed). When they disagree, it's respectful. No shouting the other guy down or not letting him finish, which so much of sports media is about now.

But the best part of the show for me is they're not afraid to tackle controversial subjects. With a lot of the DG media, you can tell that it's a close-knit community and there are friendships with the players that affect the coverage. At least it seems that way to me. But Charlie and Jamie tell it like they see it, always respectful, but with the kid gloves taken off.

Great job, guys.

Thanks so much for the feedback and the kind words. I'm very happy to hear this, because the things you've mentioned are points of emphasis for us as far as how we want to come across.

When I first sat in the co-host chair we were inviting McBeth on (pre LVC 2018) as a guest, and I promised him that I'd ask him tough questions, and try to ask questions he won't get elsewhere, but that I'd never go "full Stephen A. Smith" on him.

Listened to the 1st ep of The Inside Line (on stitcher, for anyone who might be wondering where else you can find it) and it was comprehensive but left me wanting to hear more. Really nice contemplative premise of the show. Mahmoud does a great job of posing a question in the beginning, and letting us fill in the blanks for our own answer.

Excellent! I'm excited for the potential of this show. I can tell you that there's 2 more episodes in the production pipeline currently, but he has the framework for the entire first season of the show drawn up.

Gotta take a moment to shout out the hustle of Mahmoud, and the unofficial assist from Ian and CCDG. Mahmoud is shooting for them occasionally, and Ian has been super cool about letting Mo get an hour here or there to record interviews for this podcast when he's on site.

Also, would be remiss if I didn't go ahead and thank DiscGolfPark for the sponsorship out of the gate. Jussi liked the premise and sponsored the show sight-unseen.

Man, this was so good. Ultiworld is lucky to have Mahmoud hustling hard for them. He's a tremendous asset to the sport in general.

Man, this was so good. Ultiworld is lucky to have Mahmoud hustling hard for them. He's a tremendous asset to the sport in general.

Thanks Steve! I've been fishing for Mo since he gave me a tour of Bristol in 2016. I'm very happy that we can give him a platform to do his thing, I totally agree.

Latest posts