• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie to the site in need of some help...

FadedThrows

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the site and so far I can't get enough of it. I'm just upset I didn't find out about it earlier. I've been playing for quite a few years, but have never gotten that into the game...until recently.

The past few months I've gone from owning 7 discs to about 30 and I recently purchased a mach lite basket to practice when I can't go play. I think I have finally convinced myself I have enough discs and need to figure out what should go in my bag. I try to go play at least twice a week. I sometimes shoot a 5 under round and other days shoot 4 over. I hope this site can help me work on my technique some and get more consistent with my game. I've already picked up so much useful information from you guys and will probably be throwing questions your way in the near future about other things.

welcome to the site. You will be an addict very soon. lol.

All being serious, a lot of disc golf is technique. just getting out and practicing and getting repatition in is going to make you the best disc golfer in your area.

welcome to the site. You will be an addict very soon. lol.

All being serious, a lot of disc golf is technique. just getting out and practicing and getting repatition in is going to make you the best disc golfer in your area.

^ That right there is solid truth. Welcome to the site.

Welcome, enjoy the site. Be careful, discs are a lot like women:
Once you get a good taste of it, you're hooked... then you wanna try 'em all.
The latest models always look and seem sexier, that doesn't necessarily mean their better.
...but sometimes, they are.
If you're not careful, they can cost you some $$.
What works for one guy doesn't necessarily work for the next - we're all different.
When all is said and done, technique and timing is it's what it's all about. :D

Thanks guys.

My thinking used to always be "if I have the best and fastest discs the technique will come along later"

This has put me in quite a predicament. And I am now finally trying to break all bad habits and start from a solid foundation.

Thanks guys.

My thinking used to always be "if I have the best and fastest discs the technique will come along later"
Don't feel bad, you're not alone, but just the opposite is true. To get mediocre results with them, most new players develop bad habits or jack their form up so badly that it's hard for them to get really good regardless what they throw.

They aren't evil, but starting out with them typically holds one's game back, rather than helping it develop.

^what he said.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, brother! I can't help you (new myself) but I think you'll learn a lot from the wise old sages here. Glad to have you.

Latest posts