• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Newly released discs that made your bag?

I think the only new disc I even tried this year was the Kong, and it didn't work out for me. I think I'm finally moving past the 'try the newest and hottest' phase (it was a LONG phase)

Yea me too...which is why Im asking this here to see if anything appears repeatedly that may be worth a try.

Tried a Lift and Pilot from Streamline on a whim. Both are really nice. Both are currently in the bag. Lift is a lot like a star Sidewinder and the Pilot is a nice stable glidey putter with a lil fade.

I think the only new disc I even tried this year was the Kong, and it didn't work out for me. I think I'm finally moving past the 'try the newest and hottest' phase (it was a LONG phase)

I haven't added any new discs to my bag this year, but I'll agree the Kong was a bit of a dud for me. I just wasn't feeling it. The Kong didn't fly like I was expecting it to. I already have a well-entrenched star Destroyer in the bag, and the Kong I tried wasn't close to unseating it.

The Discmania Fox Spirit carved out its own niche between the mids and the fairways where stability is a must.

The Discmania Instinct is similar to the Thunderbird in stability, but it has more glide.

Both these discs were kind of "didn't know I needed that shot" until I threw them a few times.

Fox Spirit is really good, on my next trip I may go Harp, Fox Spirit, Firebird since it bridges that gap well.

I'm trying out the Quake. I liked how it felt in my hand, although I already use a Verdict in that spot. I also have a Zone. This disc seems like a mix of the two.

Kong, its what i have been looking for in a destroyer replacement for a long time (7 years i have tried 3-4 different molds, finally settled on this).. its unique, not just a clone and i like it even better. 2 Main variants i have found and i like the domier 170-172.

Last edited:
Kong, its what i have been looking for in a destroyer replacement for a long time (7 years i have tried 3-4 different molds, finally settled on this).. its unique, not just a clone and i like it even better. 2 Main variants i have found and i like the domier 170-172.

If my Kong made the bag, it'd be replacing my X Cal. It's that beefy.

Intrigued by this disc. Can you share any pictures, especially side profile? And its Flat top? Beadless? Is it more OS than a Buzzz and Less than a Gator, Justice, Buzzz OS?

peace :thmbup:

Definitely more stable than a buzzz, almost as stable as a gator but tons of glide and distance. The MD4 it replaced is same as a rocx3 and about the same as a buzzz OS. Shallow depth and feels great for forehand. It will take as much power as you can give it, fly straight and reliable fade. You can dial it back and it can fade harder. Pretty versatile. It's about to be out in pro style plastic also. It can handle all mid duties

If my Kong made the bag, it'd be replacing my X Cal. It's that beefy.

McBeth mentioned somewhere that because the Kong was in the prototype stages they made some domey and others flat to see the responses.

The domey seem like the beefier kind, I have a flatter one (not board flat or anything like that) and it flies well, very similar to the dd3 I threw the other day too...or similar to a nice destroyer.

We'll see which way the production runs go. Perhaps they will be stay the same (like every other disc out there) some domier and some flatter.

Could you elaborate a little? What made you choose to bag the FD2 over the FD2?

My C-line FD2 was the longest tenured disc in my bag (2 years). It was my go-to forehand disc for hyzers in the 260-285 range. I got a prototype S-line just try it, then did the same when the royal rage came out. The rim on the final retool is the most comfortable I've felt. It comes out of my hand smoother than the original FD2, plus it has a touch more glide. I rarely backhanded my old FD2, but I also use the new one for backhand shots so it was a no-brainer for me.