• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No local course? Make your own!

Great work there jimb!!!

"And please, feel free to post on this thread. That's why I started it. I really love seeing what other people do when they can't get to an actual course. "

My friend and I set up a little 9 hole on my property (and a bit borrowed from an orchard and a neighbors lot). It is in no way as lovely as what you have set up jimb, but with no course close it has been great. I used a combination of targets consisting of 4 tone poles (made from 3 coffee cans each) and 2 telephone poles that we wrapped galvi flashing around with 1 inch extra to enhance the "report" and a smudge pot (until the orchard catches on). #s 7 and 2 share a target as well as #s 8 and 3. Working on 9 more and I will try to take some pics soon. The distances are as follows:

#1 200'
#2 254'
#3 302'
#4 284'
#5 365
#6 173
#7 327
#8 283'
#9 431'

:thmbup:

Great work there jimb!!!

"And please, feel free to post on this thread. That's why I started it. I really love seeing what other people do when they can't get to an actual course. "

My friend and I set up a little 9 hole on my property (and a bit borrowed from an orchard and a neighbors lot). It is in no way as lovely as what you have set up jimb, but with no course close it has been great. I used a combination of targets consisting of 4 tone poles (made from 3 coffee cans each) and 2 telephone poles that we wrapped galvi flashing around with 1 inch extra to enhance the "report" and a smudge pot (until the orchard catches on). #s 7 and 2 share a target as well as #s 8 and 3. Working on 9 more and I will try to take some pics soon. The distances are as follows:

#1 200'
#2 254'
#3 302'
#4 284'
#5 365
#6 173
#7 327
#8 283'
#9 431'

:thmbup:

Thank you, OSL. (Sounds like a Millennium Disc.) ;-)

This just another great thing about DG. You can take a piece of property that was just sitting totally unused, like mine, and do something really great with it. (Not tooting my own course as great, but it's great to get to play in my yard.)

Have fun. I'm looking forward to some pics!

Jimb, dude, mazel! The course looks sweet. I may have missed it in earlier posts, but was the land you were using as the safari course private land? That looked like a sweet place to develop your second full course.

Jimb, dude, mazel! The course looks sweet. I may have missed it in earlier posts, but was the land you were using as the safari course private land? That looked like a sweet place to develop your second full course.

Thanks for the kudos Canis and chiro! I have basically three courses shown in my own posts as follows.

Posts #1-40 are of the original, 18 tees to 6 baskets, layout of my Dixie Lee DGC. The course is now set up with 9 baskets. An addition to two primary tee locations that I'm upgrading first, there are no fewer than three more different 9 hole, safari, layouts. With the change to 9 baskets, I really had to adjust the flow from 6 baskets. Since I had three holes that I liked playing to each of the six baskets, I really didn't want to lose any of the original holes and had to work them into new 9 hole configurations. So it's all the same land.

OK... breathe now, Jimb. :p Current course details are here. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3839

Posts #57-75 are mainly dedicated to a practice course that I set up with my portables at a local church/school. I'm still hoping to get this course installed permanently some day.

Posts #90-98 are of another practice course for my portables at a local college. Again, with the help of another DGCR member who I won't name at this time (Speak up if you want D.), this course is another that I hope will have a future.

I'd still love to see pics of the other home or practice courses that people talk about on here (hint, hint, chiro... or do you mean your local course?). I love to see the creative use of land.

Last edited:
Tees are finished!

The red and white tees are finished at Dixie Lee. So with 9 baskets and two legit sets of tees, I'm really happy with the course.

I haven't seen any new "home courses" or even "practice courses" on here in a while, with the exception of prerube's thread here...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23240&highlight=prerube+playground&page=7

I would still love to see what others might be doing out there with their courses at home or practice courses with portable baskets, etc.

I'm still working on one on family land but don't have the time or $$$ to complete it yet. We have 5 portables but need to buy chain for 7 more homemades.

We do have most of the parts though and just need to put them together. Also looking at making cheap tones with some scrap lying around for secret courses in area.

Some day...

Mersch Pond

Jimb, very nice and thanks for sharing!

Mine is called Mersch Pond: 9 holes / 5 baskets, packed in 2.7 acres with 7 holes over or around the pond. Baskets aren't complete though it plays nicely with my portable.

Pictures...

Attachments

• #1 290'.jpg
    #1 290'.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 47
  • #2 275'.jpg
    #2 275'.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 47
  • #3 250'.jpg
    #3 250'.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 48
Oooops

Attachments

• #4 240'.jpg
    #4 240'.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 84
  • #5 225'.jpg
    #5 225'.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 67
  • #6 210'.jpg
    #6 210'.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 70
Last few ...

Attachments

• #7 300'.jpg
    #7 300'.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 48
  • #8 325'.jpg
    #8 325'.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 48
  • #9 240'.jpg
    #9 240'.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 43
Jimb, very nice and thanks for sharing!

Mine is called Mersch Pond: 9 holes / 5 baskets, packed in 2.7 acres with 7 holes over or around the pond. Baskets aren't complete though it plays nicely with my portable.

Pictures...

Thanks and very nice right back at you! What a beautiful property for it (in all three posts). I really like the hole #3 in your first set of three pics. With the obvious pond on the right, and what looks like a mess to the left, that looks like a fun/cruel hole!

Your posts are what I'm talking about and why I started the thread. Thanks much for posting!

Cash Valley School

There's a nice playground at this school that my daughter and I love to go to and play at. I've been picturing holes there the last couple times we went. I just had the opportunity to take my Skillshot out and set up a couple holes. There's a lot more ground there that I'd love to check out. These are just the first couple that were really close to the playground.

Right at 200'. OB playground on left, sidewalk/driveway on right and road long. Fairway is about 30' wide for 130' or so before opening up wide on the left.

picture.php

Island green with OB driveway all of the way around the pin. It's about 150' to the front edge of the island. The basket is set up at about 250' and could be up to 300'. I could also move the tee back a good bit. The island starts out narrow at about 20' wide and expands to 70' wide. Normally I think that the island would be pretty easy to hit, but the wind was whipping in from behind the basket & from the left which made staying in-bounds a lot more difficult than I had expected.

picture.php

Zoomed in from same tee location.

picture.php

Love what you are doing Jim, course design can be fun but going out your front door walking to hole 1 Tee is priceless!

Mine changes most every time I play it but here's a few that get included just about every time. When we play this course we take the baskets we have (4) and set up the holes, play 'em, then move the baskets to the next 4.

Hole12teeDSC_9847.jpg

Hole12DSC_9851.jpg

Hole12DSC_9852.jpg

Hole11teeDSC_9844.jpg

Hole11DSC_9846.jpg

^^ That property just cries out, no... screams out... for a course! Those look awesome. Looks like you've laid out some sweet holes. I see flex shots, hyzer flips, and more... Sweet!

And yes, being able to throw approaches and long putts from off of my back porch is sweet! But I still long to air it out, too. Thus, my adventures around the Cumberland area at so many parks, schools, etc.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Fun Island Hole

Here's one from another local school. This time, in video format. Thanks to my little girl for working the camera!

This definitely makes me grateful for the courses in my town. However, I don't particularly like playing in sub-freezing temperatures, so I'm setting up a net that I can hang in my garage to practice my drives on. You won't be able to see the disc's flight, but I think just going through the motions can still be helpful.

Latest posts