• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oblique Sling

Interesting that in the stills of McBeth, Climo, and GG, the skin over the elbow and the back of the forearm looks crumpled. I think it's sliding forward due to inertia as the meat of the forearm slows decelerates just prior to release.

Possibly. But I'm pretty sure the lines that are visible through them are the tendons that connect the forearm muscles to the humerus.
Palmaris-Longus_Watermarked_HR-551x1024.jpg

I have some potato quality still frames of videos of myself practicing without a disc that look like this. A large part of it is just that the skin with it's accompanying fat is being pulled back by the speed that your hand/arm is moving, giving the illusion of being shredded.

Muscles a d tendons usually aren't very visible due to them being big, you can look up world's strongest man competitors who, despite looking huge, don't have the visible muscularity of physique competitors.

That said, I've held onto a 240 lbs spinning bar with one hand and 2 finger pinched over 60 lbs, but there's no chance I could hold onto a max power drive, so I'm sure having a massive grip is a big help.

Latest posts