• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Old Mold Beast (I WANT ONE THAT GLOWS)

jswoods1984

Salient Disc Test Team
Alright, so we've seen the Totem Teebirds that came from the factory store... we've seen the glow Gators come from the factory store.... I want an OLD MOLD GLOW BEAST!!!! I would literally kill for one of these. In my personal opinion, the old mold Beast is the most controlable driver out there, and it's a damn shame that it's gone... Why they decided to take make the Orc after the fact and then change the Beast because it was too similar to an Orc is beyond me. Am I alone on this? Or do I have some fellow Beast lovers out there that would love to see this? Personally, I would love to have a glow old mold beast with the old DX stamp, who's with me?

From inbounds flight guide, I think I remember the old mold beast looked quite intriguing. More like a slower katana, rather than the current "faster valkyrie". Glow star? :)

I'm a huge fan of beast, new mold. How does the old mold fly vs new mold other then being a little more stable?

Old Mold Beast flew like the present day Orc, I believe they were so similar that Innova decided to drop the Old Mold Beast and stuck with the Orc.

Obviously the mold was then retooled to what we have now as the 'New Mold' or current Beast.

old mold beast is not nearly as overstable as an orc.
I've had both, but I only kept the old beasts.

Occupy

So what's the gameplan for petitioning innova to run some OMs??

Personally, I'd buy 10 at least.

In theory, won't a om beast (a decade of beating) fly just like a new mold beast being its just a little less stable?

nope

In theory, won't a om beast (a decade of beating) fly just like a new mold beast being its just a little less stable?

a decade of beating an OM beast will still not be the same as a new beast, from what I see. I have plenty of beat OM beasts and a relatively new new-mold beast

Would this even be possible? I mean if the mold has been re-tooled could they even produce Beasts like the original ones.

Maybe this is a stupid question but why not just buy an Orc if they are so similar? Although idk if they make those in glow either

Personally if I liked them that much and wanted one for glow rounds I'd beat in a couple glow orcs til they were similar.

Glow Orc really isn't the same, little too overstable.. Not to mention all the glow orcs I've seen are really domey. I had a feeling that this wouldn't strike as much interest as I'd hoped, but oh well, I guess I'll just have to come up with $8,000 and have 1,000 of them made.

Glow Orc really isn't the same, little too overstable.. Not to mention all the glow orcs I've seen are really domey. I had a feeling that this wouldn't strike as much interest as I'd hoped, but oh well, I guess I'll just have to come up with $8,000 and have 1,000 of them made.

As I said just beat the orcs up a little to try to match the stability of a fresh old mold beast. I understand it's not perfect but it seems like the most simple solution.

Latest posts