• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Culverin

dito

i don't like the feel and the flight characteristics of the convict.
would like the feeling of an overstable escape :clap:
I actually quite like the Convict feel, but agree on the flight. It's kinda funny disc cause it has less HSS, but more LSS than a good nicely beat in Felon. So this beat in Felon is what I hope the Culverin will be.

Before Culverin the closest thing to a PD in Trilogy lineup has probably been the Boatman, but that thing just feels wrong. I think it has a plus rim, which might be the main reason, so let's hope the Culverin will fit my hand better.

They are trying to hit that Teebird/PD bullseye and keep getting that green ring around the bullseye.

They've been after that seemingly from the beginning. Kinda sad they have yet to come close. Legacy came pretty close with their first try.
I thought they were planning on cleaning up their lineup not mudding it up more.

I could go for some Culver's right now. Triple butter burger and some cheese curds. Mmmmm.

I got to throw mine today, First throw I released it flat, into a head wind and it went right and didn't come back. With some hyzer it flipped up nicely though. Reminded me of a beat in Elasto Sampo.

I then threw it in a tail wind with some hyzer. It flipped up and went straight with a good fade on the end. On a 340 feet throw, my 169g Culverin landed next to my max weight Saint Pros so considering the weight difference I guess the Culverin is slightly more stable.

Compared to a Thunderbird I'd say it turns a bit more but also fades a little more as well. A fun disc to throw for sure. I'm really looking forward to getting a max weight Culverin now.

This looks like a disc that needs to be 175 to fly true to the numbers.

Based on one account at least :)

168 will likely be ample beef for me.

7 grams doesn't make a disc turn like that. What you're seeing is classic lat 64.

This disc flipped in a tailwind on a 340' shot and they claim a turn rating of 0.

Obviously we'll need to hear from more people, but I expected as much.

More like classic DGCR - one "newbie" reports their results , which becomes a platform to denigrate a company another doesn't like.

I got to throw mine today, First throw I released it flat, into a head wind and it went right and didn't come back. With some hyzer it flipped up nicely though. Reminded me of a beat in Elasto Sampo.

I then threw it in a tail wind with some hyzer. It flipped up and went straight with a good fade on the end. On a 340 feet throw, my 169g Culverin landed next to my max weight Saint Pros so considering the weight difference I guess the Culverin is slightly more stable.

Compared to a Thunderbird I'd say it turns a bit more but also fades a little more as well. A fun disc to throw for sure. I'm really looking forward to getting a max weight Culverin now.

Forehand or backhand?

So, a Convict?
My thoughts exactly. :wall:

More like classic DGCR - one "newbie" reports their results , which becomes a platform to denigrate a company another doesn't like.
I think that this one is not just a random new disc that will be reviewed solely on its' flight and without any expectations. This is Trilogy's Nth shot at making the PD clone and so far they have all come up short for the very same reasons as what we heard here.

So I'm not saying that one review will define a disc, but when that review is what you most expected and feared there is grounds for being disappointed. :\

I'm starting to wish that I hadn't written anything! :)

I was throwing backhand,

I haven't tried the convict but it certainly seems similar from the descriptions I've read.

I got two Opto Culverins in the mail today, 170 and 175, they seem identical. I can't throw them until tomorrow but examining them makes me hopeful that they will be an Escape Pro. Feel in the hand is much more like an Escape than a Convict or Felon, but they feel flatter than any Escape I have encountered and the PLH is higher.

Convict Left - Culverin Right:

picture.php

Escape Left - Culverin Right:

picture.php

Latest posts